Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to have Lane or Chadwell. Either one would be home run hire IMO.

Not trying to pick on the OP, but I just don't get the appeal of Kiffin. He already f**ked us over once, and now people are ready to embrace him again? What makes anyone think he won't screw us again? Fool me once . . .

Not a real fan of Herman, but I wouldn't be upset at the hire. If the NCAA violations weren't hanging over our head, I would have liked to see us back up the Brinks truck for Matt Campbell.

Chadwell is an interesting candidate--he's a risky hire, but a "high ceiling" type of guy, IMO. However, I fully expect Steele to be named the next HC with the NCAA violations looming. Depending on his staff, I think he could have moderate success here (7-8 wins a year, tops), but he's definitely not the long-term answer.

AD is first. HC comes second. Plowman knows that if she screws this up, the entire admin will be eventually canned. A potential outside the family hire is something she’s interested in. She knows who people want, but thinks a fresh face could be helpful

Interesting to say the least

I wonder if she thinks the people want gilbert or Ingram

AD is first. HC comes second. Plowman knows that if she screws this up, the entire admin will be eventually canned. A potential outside the family hire is something she’s interested in. She knows who people want, but thinks a fresh face could be helpful
Fresh face AD or HC or both?

All of AP''s people are gone now. He had buddied up to Pruitt and Nieds. That completely contradicts what Boyd said yesterday. "This isn't a place to try somebody out." Notice how him and Hubbs said this could take a while and then Price said last night he heard it could be accelerated. That way he leaves the door open for him not to be wrong. 😂

All his people are not gone. Hubbs will always have people and therefore so will AP. AP closest relationship is with Jay than any coach there is. He has admitted as much. If there was a part of him pulling for anyone it’s saftey of Jays job not pruitts. He isn’t even saying it will be Steele. It’s like betting odds someone asked him a question and he is simply answering. He isn’t saying it’s going to be Steele. He is just saying that bc it is a realistic and until we have an official AD in place the other names aren’t real until thst point. I’m sure his answer will change once an AD is in place.

Are you spit balling or are you claiming a connection here?

I think Hank will appreciate this one. I've seem some chatter on other boards regarding PJ Fleck picking up steam as a candidate. Could we be rowing the boat? Would he fit into a proven winner? Not sure I love the idea of more Butch Jones type philosophy / coach speak but he does seem to win wherever he goes... I'm awaiting the torches to be lit and heading in my direction on this one. :)

PJ Fleck garnering NFL interest
As bad as i hate to say this. @MIT_Beaver mentioned being at a golf course in Minnesota a while back on twitter. TIFWIW

People intentionally being negative for no reason

Plowman and Boyd aren’t the old admin. They’re not gonna take anyone’s BS. If they say the next head coach is gonna be “a proven winner” then by god it’s going to be. I don’t care what anyone in the media says
Media is guessing based on the past. Just like we are. They may end up doing what past administrations have done. They may not.

This pukes me

Everyone worried about Steele seems to keep forgetting the words of Plowman and Boyd where they said the next coach would be a proven winner and Tennessee would not be a place where a coach comes to learn on the job. Having a brand new AD will only add to the allure of the job, despite the coming sanctions.

AP on VQ took Steele verses the field this morning. This isn't me telling myself anything. Steele is also the betting favorite. We are trying to convince ourselves that UT is different this time. That they'll spend big money and hire a big name who will save us. But they're going to do what they always do. They're going to hire Steele.
Gruden was the betting favorite in 2017. You're listening to probably the most wrong reporter when it comes to the Pruitt firing right now. Why?

Doesn't matter. Avi bet is on the table. I've already got an idea what I'm going to make you use. Some variation of your spirit animal.

1611161895923.png

I don't care what angry Austin Price says. The hire may very well be underwhelming and disappointing, but it will NOT be Steele. There is just 0% chance you put our university through hell and invite the NCAA into our house just to hire a 9-37 HC from Baylor.

I see you haven't been a UT fan for very long. When the opportunity to improve presents itself, the University always has a round in the chamber and aiming at its foot.

Reactions: StoVol
Ok bring me this AD and her coach

Sandy Barbour - Wikipedia

giphy.gif

[img]

She does want to make UT less insular... which is ironic considering her background and her relationship with the Haslams.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Tennessee football coach?
  • Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200