Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am looking outside the Tennessee family for an AD I'm looking right at Orlando, Florida and Danny White at UCF.

Football coaches he's hired.....Scott Frost and Josh Heupel....also hired Lance Leipold when White was at Buffalo.
Basketball coaches he's hired....Bobby Hurly and Nate Oats at Buffalo and Johnny Dawkins at UCF

I don't know what the guy on the radio was considering. Pittsburgh today is a P5 football school in the ACC. Back then they weren't. But some schools in Independant back then wouldn't have been under the P5 umbrella, even though they were competitive football schools.

Iowa State was a P5 school, always has been. His tenure at Pittsburgh is irrelevant for the trivia.

Sounds like this guy is getting a serious look
DannyWhiteUCF.jpg

Interesting. I don’t think going outside the “family” is a bad idea at all but not sure he’s done anything special there. The football hire he made is just been ok

Thank
Which time was that?

I could have sworn they didn’t reach on at least one of the last two years
This was the opening they had last year. Perhaps they didn't reach out for the 2019 opening, not sure.

All I know is that the "he doesn't have a job because of racism" stuff is the dumbest story I've ever heard. If you take 2 seconds to look him up, it's patently obvious why he hasn't gotten a higher profile job. That, plus everybody knows Andy Reid is really the OC there. Bieniemy doesn't even call plays.

My guess is that they are allowing Steele to have hiring powers to get Garner in the fold to help with roster attrition and recruiting until the rest of this is sorted out. They have to make a calculated effort to give the impression they are going about this renewed image in the right way. 1. Hire a proven AD first. This gives the impression that he will have a say in next coach. Next “use a search firm to help hire new coach, even though he probably already been picked. I just can’t imagine them hiring coaches (Garner rumors) if the next Head Coach isn’t already on board and ok with them.
But, again, impressions are everything. You can’t go on live TV and declare you are cleaning house and changing culture then roll out new hires the next day. It has to look like a detailed plan is in the works that has very calculated steps in the proper order of operations.
just my 2 cents.
I'm with you on this. If we're waiting on an AD before we hire a head coach, how can we hire assistants before we hire a head coach? Please don't tell me the next head coach has already approved of certain assistant hires. That just looks stupid and we already have members on the media asking these questions in email form to Plowman.

Reactions: Geronimo
If I am looking outside the Tennessee family for an AD I'm looking right at Orlando, Florida and Danny White at UCF.

Football coaches he's hired.....Scott Frost and Josh Heupel....also hired Lance Leipold when White was at Buffalo.
Basketball coaches he's hired....Bobby Hurly and Nate Oats at Buffalo and Johnny Dawkins at UCF

Did he hire Frost?

This was the opening they had last year. Perhaps they didn't reach out for the 2019 opening, not sure.

All I know is that the "he doesn't have a job because of racism" stuff is the dumbest story I've ever heard. If you take 2 seconds to look him up, it's patently obvious why he hasn't gotten a higher profile job. That, plus everybody knows Andy Reid is really the OC there. Bieniemy doesn't even call plays.

Yea it’s hard to give him credit for the chiefs success that’s for sure

So am I wrong in thinking the search firm is currently researching ADs and HCs? That way when the AD is decided he can walk into work the first day with the research already completed on the potential HCs and be told “here pick one”

So a bargain that will get good press?

A bargain who is also the AP Coach of the Year. That also frees up a lot of money for staff, especially without the Pruitt buyout.

I also think if we are talking FU money hire, then looking at that list, Matt Campbell is your guy (look at his buyout).

Napier is also a steal. I really just wonder about how much we're willing to stomach the price to pry him out and whether we want another Saban disciple.

Reactions: Vols4us
Don't know much about these guys but Coaches Hot Seat say we will hire either Napier, Clark , or Chadwell by February 7. TIFWIW
I think they’ll try to hire in this order...
(1) Clark (def if Ingram is AD)
(2) Chadwell
(3) Steele

Don’t want any of these 3 as HC. I’ll settle on Steele as DC and/or Chadwell as OC but none of those as HC.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back