Reparations for Slavery (California)

Those tricky Californians are up to their schemes again!! 😀
It looks like it may PASS here.
Of course it will serve as precedent for the rest of America to eventually follow.

Estimated $ 17 Trillion investment if it happens nationwide with every Black-American recieving 150k one time payment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣✅🇺🇸
I'm Black...so yeah I support it obviously.

What say you Volnation? Is this beginning of a good thing??
What about Americans who claim Ancestry from Union Soldiers?? Don't they deserve something as well? Just a thought...
I wonder how many will still receive public assistance.

Reactions: LittleVol
You are projecting free **** for your kids in a state that has billions in under funded pensions. Keep the faith that won't bite you right in the ass with your "planning." They aren't going to cut the pension payments. They might reduce it. Very doubtful. More likely the free shat goes away. Hope you put that 30 grand into their future. I know I have my AA daughters college taken care of and planned out.
I'm glad to hear that for your family.

No. It's actually quite simple. The loan is the loan. Right?

So the balance needs to get paid somehow.
I simply paused payments BUT continued working through this pandemic. So "real time " cash was being earned...and I simply sold my home to a Bay Area guy that wanted to relocate. So the loan was paid off plus the equity it gained...

So you got a temporary cash flow benefit. But you did not save an extra $17,100. You would pay that at sale of house...and likely some additional interest.

Only if it doesn't benefit them...
You make a great point.

But we're all hypocrites sometimes. I mean the largest supporters of Blue Lives matter beat the crap out of cops in the Capitol recently.

Nothing's perfect. People just have to be smart when given opportunities.

Handing out free money, with no strings attached, to a significant portion who are living paycheck to paycheck is a very bad idea.

If you don't earn what is given to you, then one will not appreciate or be responsible with it. It's human nature.

No. It's actually quite simple. The loan is the loan. Right?

So the balance needs to get paid somehow.
I simply paused payments BUT continued working through this pandemic. So "real time " cash was being earned...and I simply sold my home to a Bay Area guy that wanted to relocate. So the loan was paid off plus the equity it gained...
But if you had paid your mortgage you would have taken more in profit. So you didn't really do anything. You sold your house. The buyer paid what you owed. You actually thought you did something smart? Lol.

No there was not. But their descendants do live here. That whole 40 acres and Mule thing never really worked out ya know.

Can you quantify the “injustices” suffered by descendants? There are many alive today that have suffered none. There are some alive today that have. And are we paying reparations for slavery or injustices? Neither are quantifiable and the latter is subjective. I don’t see how anyone can get there from here unless it’s a “shut up and don’t ask questions” method of application.

The American Indians gonna get screwed again. They have they’re land and homes taken from by an act of war. Imprisoned on reservations. And they ain’t gonna get 💩, because they weren’t slaves.

So to sum this up for the OP:

He committed fraud

Thought not paying his mortgage made him real money when he sold his house. Not understanding that the buyer paid off his negligence. So he made no more money then he would have of he just sold it.

Thinks California is in great shape despite their billions in guaranteed retirement payments.

Jesus.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
So to sum this up for the OP:

He committed fraud

Thought not paying his mortgage made him real money when he sold his house. Not understanding that the buyer paid off his negligence. So he made no more money then he would have of he just sold it.

Thinks California is in great shape despite their billions in guaranteed retirement payments.

Jesus.

Sounds like one of the millions of informed California voters.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Those tricky Californians are up to their schemes again!! 😀
It looks like it may PASS here.
Of course it will serve as precedent for the rest of America to eventually follow.

Estimated $ 17 Trillion investment if it happens nationwide with every Black-American recieving 150k one time payment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣✅🇺🇸
I'm Black...so yeah I support it obviously.

What say you Volnation? Is this beginning of a good thing??
What about Americans who claim Ancestry from Union Soldiers?? Don't they deserve something as well? Just a thought...

How do you like Thousand Oaks?

So you got a temporary cash flow benefit. But you did not save an extra $17,100. You would pay that at sale of house...and likely some additional interest.

Correct. I gained 20k on the property itself.
I do my finances my own way. I don't have everything tied up into my assets like that.

But I always pay my taxes...

Look I'm an Independent. I don't believe in Welfare believe it or not. But if someone hands me 150k because I'm black...why would get mad? Or reject it?

My kids will understand where I came from. Even though there college will be free, there's no guarantee that Stanford will accept them. If they do, They stil have to graduate and be contributing citizen.

America was built off Capitalism. Slavery...being one of them.

It is what it is.

The American Indians gonna get screwed again. They have they’re land and homes taken from by an act of war. Imprisoned on reservations. And they ain’t gonna get 💩, because they weren’t slaves.
Uhm...here in California mang tribes get checks from 0- 18 years. Not sure about other places.

I do my finances my own way. I don't have everything tied up into my assets like that.

Look I'm an Independent. I don't believe in Welfare believe it or not. But if someone hands me 150k because I'm black...why would get mad? Or reject it?

My kids will understand where I came from. Even though there college will be free, there's no guarantee that Stanford will accept them. If they do, They stil have to graduate and be contributing citizen.

It is what it is.

I just want to know who paid your mortgage during the forbearance period? There are only a few options here:

1 - somebody else paid it
2 - the bank forgave it (very unlikely!)
3 - you paid it

Reactions: jaybird_1981
How do you like Thousand Oaks?
Beautiful. People are happy out here it seems.

I came from broke ass deep south.
I understand people being mad at this. But we all have to play with what's given to us.

It is what it is.

Why, exactly, do you deserve a $150k payment?

Lol this is funny. So the OP publicly admits to committing fraud. Has zero clue that it made him no money. He actually thinks he got a leg up. All he got was a few month interest free loan. Lol. Jesus this might be the dumbest thread ever started here. I hope he doesn't get doxed. And he thought he was clever? Really?

Beautiful. People are happy out here it seems.

I came from broke ass deep south.
I understand people being mad at this. But we all have to play with what's given to us.

I haven’t said anything about being mad.

You are a minority in a big way in that town.

VN Store

Back