The Official #6 Tennessee @ Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I didn't think losing to Alabama was any reason to panic, and obviously it wasn't now that we've seen that Alabama is a really good team.

This, on the other hand, is very alarming. Florida is a very average team, especially considering that they're missing three key players, and we're making them look like the 96 Bulls.

Last edited:
We really don't play as well without Springer. (Wasn't he out against Alabama??)

I’m just spit balling here, so just curious what you all think? Is one of our issues that we haven’t developed an alpha mentality yet? Seems like we face a little adversity and then just fold for long stretches.

We’re a Top 10 team that is going to get every other team’s best shot all year long, but outside of Fulky and Pons, no one on the roster knows what it’s like to be hunted like the Grant and Admiral teams.

Florida is under-manned but they have played with more heart and energy than in any game all year. We had to know this was coming, yet know one stepped up this game to lead.
I agree with this. A lot of these guys probably don’t realize how bad a Florida, Georgia or Kentucky wants to beat Tennessee, especially a top 10 Tennessee. With that said, we look off tonight and the gators look sharp. It’s a long season and yes, this sucks but I’ll wait and see how it plays out.
GBO!!

I’m just spit balling here, so just curious what you all think? Is one of our issues that we haven’t developed an alpha mentality yet? Seems like we face a little adversity and then just fold for long stretches.

We’re a Top 10 team that is going to get every other team’s best shot all year long, but outside of Fulky and Pons, no one on the roster knows what it’s like to be hunted like the Grant and Admiral teams.

Florida is under-manned but they have played with more heart and energy than in any game all year. We had to know this was coming, yet know one stepped up this game to lead.
We don't have much (any?) vocal leadership. Sure, we have good kids who encourage each other and pick each other up, but we don't have a kid that will reach into your soul and yank effort out of you and motivate you to do more that you're capable. The kind of kid who motivates you to be a better player because you are scared to disappoint him. We lack toughness and, as you said, alpha leadership.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back