Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, screw it, just let Steele be the guy - get this mess over with.

Let him hire a new OC or let Chaney do his thing 100% on his own.

Hire a DC you like or keep ansley and roll.

Manage the coaches.

Why rush it?

Take your time. Bring in a fully vetted professional AD and not a disgruntled former head coach. Let them be a part of the selection process.

Do this right, don’t panic, and don’t rush.

Let Steele run the rest of this recruiting cycle and scour the portal to fill in holes.

We CANNOT afford to screw this up.

That speech yesterday praising fulmer, the. Current hiring freeze yet we’re still hiring... it’s the same old car with a new paint job

The Fulmer praise was a way to not trash our only coach to win a modern era title. Phillip Fulmer was fired...in a nice way, but that was plainly clear.

We only hired Kevin Steele because we know that we need someone baby sitting this thing after 10 people got fired and players come back to campus. None of these moves to me resemble prior incompetence.

Only Tennessee would hire a head coach that turned in a 1-31 conference record in his only previous HC job.
To be fair, that was 20 years ago. Baylor didn't care about football, he was a first time coach, and has since worked for Saban, Dabo, Gus, etc. Of course, he hasn't been a HC since so maybe that speaks to other schools research on him, who knows. If he got a good staff i'd give him a chance. Can't get any worse than the last three HC's at this point.

Folks that are saying losing Gray isn't a big deal because of depth at the position or recruits coming in...you don't know how many of those guys stick around or even if any of them were involved in this mess and end up ineligible. There's still a lot of things to shake out. Hopefully all those guys stick around and maintain eligibility, but they're in a tough spot.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Just saw where AP posted and said that hes heard that Eric Gray, Henry To'o To'o, Darnell Wright, and Quavaris Crouch have all expressed interest in entering the portal. Says they haven't entered yet, and may not, but regardless that is not a good sign of things to come...

Judging by the names they obviously would have lots of interest and options but they may not be thinking about leaving because they want to and maybe could be more to this group. I would think Gray specifically wouldn’t be looking to leave if it weren’t for his eligibility being in danger

Reactions: Volator
Before we settle on a coach, I would hope they would at least let the new AD come in. I don't understand Steele hiring assistants or why anyone would want to come here when you are probably not going to be the coach-- unless you are going to be the coach. Then you circle back to the New AD...

Can't get any worse than the last three HC's at this point.

I wish people would stop saying this. Fate keeps saying

ef451c22202052a7812d09f46a16894e.jpg

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back