Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Fulmer wanted to go. He would have superglued his butt to the chair if he thought that would've kept him there. He was forced out, and it was handled how it was handled.
From what little I saw, he looked like a whipped puppy yesterday. It was painful to watch at times. Not many time I’ve ever seen him scramble for words.

I believe A/V when he says that but I also believe the booster side pushes these coaches and the university has no intentions of hiring them. I believe that's what happened with Gruden. I think boosters pushed that and UT was having nothing of it. Also, you've got booster factions that don't agree, pushing different candidates and no consensus is ever achieved.
Guess we shall see. Maybe they have finally all got tired of sucking and say let’s go hit a home run. We just have to wait until we hire the coach to decide. If it’s me, I’m making Bob Stoops name his price.

Let’s hope AV is right and we are going to spend some $$$ and get things fixed.

No amount of money is going to make this job attractive right now. As long as we’re in limbo and waiting for the NCAA to reach a verdict I bet we just ride with Steele.

If the NCAA releases their punishment soon, even though they are notoriously slow, then we may have a shot because the next HC knows what they’re getting into.

You know I have heard this about every new style of offense that enters the league..... you’ll never be able to pass the ball like that in the sec until it happens.... you’ll never be able to run the spread in the sec until it happens.... his offense runs off misdirection and having several different options out of the same formation....it is created to make those fast, big players think and play slower than what they are...... I don’t know what you are talking about in regards to throwing deep bc he definitely throws deep.... His offense might overwhelm teams if it is playing with SEC type talent.... it would be nice to be the innovative ones for once.

Yeah, those comments of his are not factual football wise. Chadwell's O is adaptable to the talent he has as well as the opponent's weaknesses. He uses O-line splits to create angles/gaps. It requires more mobile O-lineman, but not little guys. He doesn't need maulers, he needs athletes in the O-line. The eye candy is not really eye candy. It is unique RPO/Triple option O. You need football smart guys to run it, which includes a really smart one at QB who is mobile. So some of our current roster might as well transfer if he is named. That's OK with the bowl ban and scholarship reduction coming. At least we would be competitive again with guys who want to be Vols and not McDonald's groupies.

Totally different situation. And I think there would be a real chance that a Manning and Mays family endorsed O’Brien could land Ty Simpson, giving us a huge leg up on the rest of that instate class.
I'm not sure BOB is the right hire either. I'm not sure he wants to be in college. He was only at Penn Sate a couple of years. We need stability.

Reactions: TennacJed
No amount of money is going to make this job attractive right now. As long as we’re in limbo and waiting for the NCAA to reach a verdict I bet we just ride with Steele.

If the NCAA releases their punishment soon, even though they are notoriously slow, then we may have a shot because the next HC knows what they’re getting into.
We will be fine. And this is a top program. It will always be attractive. Especially with a new AD and direction.

What made us deserve this? When did we sell our soul to the devil? I don't think we sold our soul in the 90s for 1 championship ring so when did we? Is this a curse? Who started this curse? I remember a voodoo username a long long time ago who cursed us for beating LSU in 2005. Are they the one we need to meet up with?

Rohan Davey's mom

Hubbs has said he doesn't seem to think they'll add any additional players either through transfer or signing. I think they'll be opportunities for transfers after the spring semester though.

It's going to be expensive to hire no matter when you do it. When you find yourself in this type of situation it cost a lot of money to get out of it. You have to overspend.

Chadwell. Keep Steele as DC. Search and money issues resolved.

Steele costs us nothing. He'd be sent on his way. If it's Gus. I think he's properly placed further down on the list though.
I wouldn't mind Gus at all. Another thing about him though, he just got $10 mil from Auburn and is receiving an another $11 mil in payments. Would you want to go through the stress of this rebuild when you can take it easy for a while and cherry pick what job you want?

Give me Kiffin and call it a day. He would walk through fire to get back to Knoxville.
I want Kiffin too but not sure if that's true after yesterday. If we aren't going to allow ourselves to recruit like the big boys do then maybe Tennessee is like Ole Miss-a place where you can't win a championship.

Random stat I thought was interesting...
If you were judging the candidates by Top 25 wins:

Herman - 15
Freeze - 13
Kiffin - 4
Marrone - 4
Chadwell - 2 (5 in fcs)

*butch jones and Dooley had zero top 25 wins before being hired
Surprising that Kiffin only has four, TBH.

Here's what will be telling: Marrone and O'Brien seem to be legitimate candidates for our head coaching job. Both are rumored to have jobs locked up on Nick Saban's staff at Alabama.

If those two lock-in assistant jobs, i.e., Alabama announces them, it tells us something about our job.

The argument could easily be made that O'Brien would be better off by spending a year in Tuscaloosa than taking the chance of a rebuild here. His ultimate goal is another chance at HC in the NFL. Marrone is a different story - college offensive line coach is not a glamorous position. If he takes that job, it would signal to me he was only a candidate if Fulmer was leading the search.

This would be a home run right here!

I am all for hiring Fisher. I think he would be a great stabilizer with a high potential ceiling and when he retires in 8 years then you go get a Chadwell or other younger guy who has had success at the P5 level.

A stable, functional UT with some recent momentum would be very attractive after a guy like Fisher running the program for 8 or so years and would give us time to get all the power players moving in the same direction.

Reactions: Orange Studs
Our recruiting classes should have been much better with that many violations. Our roster should be loaded. Pruitt was an embarrassment.

Exactly, and so you have to know how bad the other schools are cheating to be ending up with the kids... Really hope GA is next on NCAA's list, no reason in the world they shouldn't be... especially with the Washington and Mims talk.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
4 mil a year is a pretty good reward. lol
giphy.gif

Yeah, those comments of his are not factual football wise. Chadwell's O is adaptable to the talent he has as well as the opponent's weaknesses. He uses O-line splits to create angles/gaps. It requires more mobile O-lineman, but not little guys. He doesn't need maulers, he needs athletes in the O-line. The eye candy is not really eye candy. It is unique RPO/Triple option O. You need football smart guys to run it, which includes a really smart one at QB who is mobile. So some of our current roster might as well transfer if he is named. That's OK with the bowl ban and scholarship reduction coming. At least we would be competitive again with guys who want to be Vols and not McDonald's groupies.
No matter what offense you run.... you need linemen that make it to the second level.... I agree with your statements.

Reactions: Vols4us and RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back