Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be able to lessen the one sided aspect of the contract with kiffin based on his own past shenanegins
If we can get Kiffin now I say go for it. I just don't see him leaving OM after one year and I don't see UT hiring him. I agree LK makes a lot of sense which means it won't happen.

Why the 21 class? Its in the books. I guess you have to determine what's tier 1 vs tier 2. I think realistic and by realistic I mean would come here, tier 1 coaches are LK and HF. Both will be there next year. Kitten will have given OM 2 years making it easier to leave. Freeze would be one more year removed from his shenanigans. Other hot, young coaches will emerge. Chadwell will have another year under his belt. I think in a year the job would be more attractive.

UT would have self-imposed the bowl ban and minimal scholarship reductions. I can see the NCAA wanting to up that somewhat. There's just too much there-- and the NCAA knows when the violations permeate throughout the program, there's more out there. Falling on the sword doesn't always help. I think any coach not willing to ride out a mess and rebuild a roster that could get worse will consider the risk/reward at UT right now.

4 mil a year is a pretty good reward. lol

What made us deserve this? When did we sell our soul to the devil? I don't think we sold our soul in the 90s for 1 championship ring so when did we? Is this a curse? Who started this curse? I remember a voodoo username a long long time ago who cursed us for beating LSU in 2005. Are they the one we need to meet up with?

Reactions: ugg
You're making an assumption that we'll recruit well in that 22 class. This is identical when we hurriedly hired Dooley to salvage that recruiting class.

Totally different situation. And I think there would be a real chance that a Manning and Mays family endorsed O’Brien could land Ty Simpson, giving us a huge leg up on the rest of that instate class.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
I highly doubt that Malzahn would work with Steele again after the attempted coup at Auburn.

I would love to see Kiffin back, but I just don't think the admin would go for it.
Steele costs us nothing. He'd be sent on his way. If it's Gus. I think he's properly placed further down on the list though.

Ainge saying that Fulmer wasn't asked to step down or fired. He did what he did on his own accord. They gave him the benefit of the doubt, and asked him. I would have fired him.
You don’t want to fire Fulmer. Firing him twice would be a bad look. The optics of it would be horrible.

This is my biggest concern about Chadwell - is he a true offensive innovator who will be able to adapt to multiple schemes over time? Or did he just come up with a new system that works in his league but will ultimately be solved? Does he have a countermove once that happens?

I'm not out on him, but that's my concern.
Its basically the offense UK just fired their OC for.

Reactions: MrVolton
Let’s hope AV is right and we are going to spend some $$$ and get things fixed.
I believe A/V when he says that but I also believe the booster side pushes these coaches and the university has no intentions of hiring them. I believe that's what happened with Gruden. I think boosters pushed that and UT was having nothing of it. Also, you've got booster factions that don't agree, pushing different candidates and no consensus is ever achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back