Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on what the NCAA has. The scope is not good. The NCAA has limited resources, so a lot of times they just take another look at the findings provided by the school. Since UT has already led parallel investigations, re-investigated by outside counsel, this is the hope. But sometimes, the NCAA opts to punish the wrongdoing instead of rewarding the school for self-reporting-- especially when they find the violations extensive and egregious.

But do they now punish the staff who did them more than the school? Especially since UT jumped on it before NCAA even knew there was any violations.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Maybe PF loves the University more than we ever realized. The JP hire was all part of a masterful plan to topple the Tide empire once and for all. Bring one of their own in, let him be the "Judas hire", learn their gimmicks, and BAM!!! Alabama gets nailed, have to vacate wins, including all championships!

The things that dreams are made of...

I think it all comes into play. UT hasn't been a stable place in a while. It's a rebuild on a rebuild on a rebuild on a rebuild. How many players will leave? Will UT grant releases? How bad is the culture? How long will it take to fix? How will recruiting be impacted? So many questions and uncertainties right now. Some won't want a piece of that.
I can’t remember if they spoke on it yesterday, but are all the current players cleared of any wrong doing? Or is it possible the NCAA will suspend players for accepting benefits and thus take away their amateur status?

You're probably right but I would bet we'll be firing up the coaching search in 3-4 years if so. I think that's part of the problem, they look at all these hires as bridge hires. Problem is they never get the bridge built. Need to spend what it takes to hire the right guy and quite building dam bridges.
Let’s hope AV is right and we are going to spend some $$$ and get things fixed.

The Chancellor just beat the drum about ethics, integrity and doing things "The Right Way." And the President echoed her, with less gusto. You don't go from that to Hugh Freeze without flaunting the hypocrisy.
I just don't think it matters at all. I don't.

At the end of the day this is politics. I know there aren't politics in the RF, so I won't post any examples, but use your imagination. "Say the right thing and then do whatever you want." Them's the rules.

Is the NCAA going to drop the hammer even harder because we hired someone they don't like? No. Is anything gonna happen because the 10 people who aren't UT fans that watched that press conference call them hypocrites on Twitter? No.

Being a hypocrite is the rule, not the exception in this game.

That's my point. If there's a different target, please share. But the pool is more than good enough right now. Don't see it getting much better
If we would have made the hire last year would Chadwell been such a hot name? New coaches emerge all the time. Also, the uncertaintysurrounding the investigation will eliminate many candidates. A year removed from that will help.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
You know I have heard this about every new style of offense that enters the league..... you’ll never be able to pass the ball like that in the sec until it happens.... you’ll never be able to run the spread in the sec until it happens.... his offense runs off misdirection and having several different options out of the same formation....it is created to make those fast, big players think and play slower than what they are...... I don’t know what you are talking about in regards to throwing deep bc he definitely throws deep.... His offense might overwhelm teams if it is playing with SEC type talent.... it would be nice to be the innovative ones for once.
Its not innovative its a gimmick. Look at Fickell, Freeze,Fleck,Kiffin that is innovative and dynamic. Thats the type of O we need.

Reactions: MrVolton
Just saw this as well. It was believable until the Witten part. He lost all credibility there.

Lol now we are claiming Dan Patrick doesn’t know anything. He knows. He literally said he is just throwing it out there as name he was given and not that it’s going to happen

Fans won't come, donations will not be made because the product will stink for at least two years until they do make a competent hire. So they lose even more of their core fan base with a decision like that.

We know better. Good coaches will come if the sanctions are light to moderate and the numbers are right on the contract.
Fans always show up. That's the problem. We're not going to be competitive for two years regardless. Good coaches will come if the sanctions are light to moderate but that's the problem, we don't know what the sanctions are going to be. In all likelihood we won't know for a while.

Hubbs has said he doesn't seem to think they'll add any additional players either through transfer or signing. I think they'll be opportunities for transfers after the spring semester though.

It's going to be expensive to hire no matter when you do it. When you find yourself in this type of situation it cost a lot of money to get out of it. You have to overspend.
I took it as those were the scholarships that you would be having to give up.

The Chancellor just beat the drum about ethics, integrity and doing things "The Right Way." And the President echoed her, with less gusto. You don't go from that to Hugh Freeze without flaunting the hypocrisy.
Or turning the tables with the narrative of he’s learned his lesson and paid for it dearly. Who, more than anyone, would know the cost of violating the rules. His players seem to really respect him. I don’t know what his peer coaches now think of him?

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I can’t remember if they spoke on it yesterday, but are all the current players cleared of any wrong doing? Or is it possible the NCAA will suspend players for accepting benefits and thus take away their amateur status?
Plowman was asked about that and said she can't answer that because the investigation was on going.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Easy to defend. SEC d lines are too big and strong for the splits he uses. Sec linebackers are too fast to give up the edge consistently enough. He doesn't throw deep at all which let's safties come down and keep hard on the run. After a year they'd know how to defend it and spend the week goofing off because they wouldn't have to gameplan for TN.
This is my biggest concern about Chadwell - is he a true offensive innovator who will be able to adapt to multiple schemes over time? Or did he just come up with a new system that works in his league but will ultimately be solved? Does he have a countermove once that happens?

I'm not out on him, but that's my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back