You think this is the low point? Not even close...don’t read if you like positive thoughts

MarkVol123

Wait for about 3-4 years from now when we have no roster.

you think Ole Miss was terrible on D because of schematics? They couldn’t recruit defensive talent from 2017 on. They literally had no LBs. Hard to recruit with bowl band and scholly reductions......and even more so when the NCAA has its eye on you.

This program is dead and it’s only going to get worse.

you think Ole Miss was terrible on D because of schematics? They couldn’t recruit defensive talent from 2017 on. They literally had no LBs. Hard to recruit with bowl band and scholly reductions......and even more so when the NCAA has its eye on you.

I was hoping that was clickbait and it wasn't as gloom and doom as you advertised 😂

I was wrong

Tell me more about this Bowl Band
It's...HUGE!
bowl-games-for-marching-bands-1.jpg

Yet, Ole Miss would have pounded our eyes shut this year. Without a doubt.

I'm just thankful that you have no idea what is actually going to happen with the NCAA. Right now perception is all we are dealing with. If the recent outcomes with UNC and LSU are any indication the consequences will be far less damaging than many want to believe.

I for one am having a hard time not being ecstatic. We have hope again. The albatross around our neck has been loosed. We no longer have to suffer under the worst leadership in program history. It's hard to think we haven't hit the floor with three wins. There really is nowhere to go but up at this point.

I guess I'm going to have to pass my Nega-Vol badge off to someone more worthy.

I for one am having a hard time not being ecstatic. We have hope again. The albatross around our neck has been loosed. We no longer have to suffer under the worst leadership in program history. It's hard to think we haven't hit the floor with three wins. There really is nowhere to go but up at this point.

This! However, in the bylaws, once a CHOSEN ONE labels you a nega, that's it. You have to firmly stay in that camp.

There was an amendment made in late November that if you decide to become a fan blamer, then they can conduct a hearing to see if you can get rid of your NegaVol status permanently.

But, in all seriousness, your post says exactly the way I feel. How can someone not be happy about getting rid of such an absolute cancer to the program?

I'm almost giddy with excitement. I have high hopes for Plowman and Boyd now they have exorcised the stench of Fulmer from the administration. Only direction we have to go is up and I see us rising quickly (if they get the hire right).

We will have to wait and see, but I don't think it will be that bad. I think this was more a play by the admin to fire him and get out of the buyout. The "lack of institutional control" is the justification.

Reactions: MocVol

Is Jimmy Haslam going to stay out of this?

Worse than 3-7 with a full roster? If you're numb to 3-7, anything less is ok at this point. At least bowl ban or roster limitations would be valid to the losing record.

We'll probably get some scholarship reduction and a bowl ban for a year or two. Who knows, the bowl that we opted out of going to this past season due to "Covid" very well ould count as one of those.

I don't think things are as bleak as they seem. You get the right AD and the right coach in here and this can get fixed very quickly. What happened yesterday was an "enima" that this program needed. They're never pleasant but the long term benefits outweigh the short term discomfort.

How can it get worse than dead ???

Reactions: MocVol
As annoying of a post as this is, this is my fear as well.

I actually think we'll be alright in 2021, so long as the roster doesn't implode. We have a lot of talent and we grossly underperformed this season. If Steele can even semi-figure things out, we should be improved in 2021.

Beyond that, though, we're probably going to have a lost recruiting class for 2022. And it's going to be difficult to land a good coach given the circumstances.

We'll probably get some scholarship reduction and a bowl ban for a year or two. Who knows, the bowl that we opted out of going to this past season due to "Covid" very well ould count as one of those.

I don't think things are as bleak as they seem. You get the right AD and the right coach in here and this can get fixed very quickly.

I seriously doubt we get any scholarship reductions or bowl bans.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
I seriously doubt we get any scholarship reductions or bowl bans.
I want to see the full list of violations, and I do think we'll get some punishment, but I tend to agree with the sentiment. Getting out in front of it is the important thing.

The reality is you don't usually get hammered for cheating. You get hammered for being arrogant and making the NCAA's life difficult.

I want to see the full list of violations, and I do think we'll get some punishment, but I tend to agree with the sentiment. Getting out in front of it is the important thing.

The reality is you don't usually get hammered for cheating. You get hammered for being arrogant and making the NCAA's life difficult.

The NCAA said a few years ago that they were going to change the way they administer sanctions and go after the guilty parties and not punish those left behind. By getting out in front and firing the guilty I think the program will be spared any harsh punishment.

VN Store

Back