Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't even begin to compare the two sports.

They aren’t the same, but basketball was investigated by the FBI. Basketball is much dirtier. You can find a stable coach who develops for the NFL and can then retain local talent. Just have to find the right one.

Charles Davis will be hired within the next two days, UT will be talking to Hugh Freeze this evening. Gus will be approached along with Napier.
One issue with Davis is a buyout from Fox sports.
I am not an insider, got a call from someone who is close with someone in the AD.
Money was payed to Mims, Toot, Mauer and Gray. Georgia and Michigan are part of this in some way.
The guy who called said he played travel baseball with Chadwell, talked with him last week and he had not been approached.
New AD will not hire the next coach, Plowman will.
Like I said, I am no insider. TIFWIW
Haslams want Freeze
Thunder wants Gus
Not sure who is pushing Napier
Don't even know where to start here. LOL.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Charles Davis will be hired within the next two days, UT will be talking to Hugh Freeze this evening. Gus will be approached along with Napier.
One issue with Davis is a buyout from Fox sports.
I am not an insider, got a call from someone who is close with someone in the AD.
Money was payed to Mims, Toot, Mauer and Gray. Georgia and Michigan are part of this in some way.
The guy who called said he played travel baseball with Chadwell, talked with him last week and he had not been approached.
New AD will not hire the next coach, Plowman will.
Like I said, I am no insider. TIFWIW
Haslams want Freeze
Thunder wants Gus
Not sure who is pushing Napier

Lol there is no way we paid money to secure Maurer's signature....but if we did all you can do is laugh. What a joke

Kiffin really rubbed me the wrong way when he left.

I just don’t know if we could trust him again.
If he is even interested, you pay him what he wants and you bring him back immediately. If we have even the slightest chance to make that good of hire with all that has gone down you do it and do it now.

Otherwise, we will have Steele as interim for next year at the very least. Maybe longer.

Reactions: Deebowbear
mixed emotions here. Little bit unsure why @Atlanta VOL is so happy. Yes it's good to get Pruitt and Phil out, but this is at VERY high cost. Unless we have already wrapped up a GREAT AD and HC, Pruitt may as well still be coaching. Because now We have the NCAA up our @$$.

A great AD won't take **** from the NCAA. So maybe we do have a great AD lined up.

Reactions: UTProf
If Kiffin WANTS to come here, and we don’t hire him..... I’ll be so disappointed.

And sadly, I know we won’t.

I wish I could quit this fandom.

We really gonna have Kiffin and Huge Freeze begging to come here but we will hire an upstanding man who will lose yugely with honor and dignity.

Basilio said Kiffin has reached out wanting to come back
Translation: "Kiffin has reached out to throw his name into the public discussion and leverage it for himself."

He wouldn't touch this program right now and I doubt the program would touch him. With Corral coming back, his stock will be even higher this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back