Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
It still baffles me people wanting Freeze. That makes a lot of sense, fire someone for having the program under investigation, Only to hire another coach who had a previous program under investigation.
I would argue that someone that has that history knows if he does something like that again his career is over. He paid his debt, time to move on. Besides if it were to happen again can’t be much worse than it is now.

I don’t think the multiple “integrity” lines from Randy Boyd was an accident. That seemed to me it was direct shots at Freeze.
I am afraid you may be right, seems like a Steel as HC or at least DC when all the dust settles!

Last edited:
I don’t think the multiple “integrity” lines from Randy Boyd was an accident. That seemed to me it was direct shots at Freeze.
Integrity? He does realize this is SEC football, right? What we've done is no different and likely minor in comparison to others in this league do regularly.

Anyone who thought there was even a small chance of hiring Freeze needs their head examined. There was 0 chance of it happening while Fulmer was AD. Now after firing a coach for "cause" the chance of hiring him is negative 0.
Freeze has learned his lesson. He deserves a second chance. Go to Liberty tonight and bring Freeze back to Knoxville tomorrow. ;);)

It's over for the Freeze backers. Boyd and Plowman make that clear without mentioning names. Apparently these violations would make it a look like idiots are making the decisions if they hired Freeze.

Y'all would be best to move on to new names that are realistic.

VN Store

Back