Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Maybe. Or, it could be a mutually agreed upon choice. Or, maybe he just didn't want to fail again. He signed an extension earlier this year, so I certainly don't think it was planned before all of this went down.
Phillip loves Tennessee, he may have fallen on his sword, because he knew he was in over his head. He tried and failed.

I wonder when the NCAA will enter the picture? If it's bad as it seems they sure as hell will!
I don’t think it’s that bad. Imo this has been known since Pruitt hired his own representation. My guess is it was to negotiate his payment, out the door.
Pruitt lost the desire and fire to coach at Tennessee and wanted out as much as some wanted him out.
GBO!!

Reactions: Border Vol
Vol Nation yawl got your wish, so what's the next move? The younger players taking it the hardest right now, but the veteran are like o well. Wish Pruitt well though.

Fulmer stepping down makes the Kevin Steele hire that much more weird.

To me it makes even more sense.

They needed a Tennessee guy with credentials to be here. Someone who could handle the program, recruiting and everything while all this gets sorted out.

Steele fits.....he “could” become interim for the season......however I would suspect they “want” to hire someone else as HC (just my opinion).

Why is everything at UT so on the wrong foot, complicated and ill-timed ? We are the joke of power -5 football ! This is the worst time of the year to hire new people and I have every confidence this will be a disaster, AGAIN. We cant hire Freeze when we are already in trouble with the NCAA nazis, so forget that. Maybe Matt Campbell will come.

Why is everything at UT so on the wrong foot, complicated and ill-timed ? We are the joke of power -5 football ! This is the worst time of the year to hire new people and I have every confidence this will be a disaster, AGAIN. We cant hire Freeze when we are already in trouble with the NCAA nazis, so forget that. Maybe Matt Campbell will come.
P.J. Fleck

VN Store

Back