Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
True fans have to stick together and cheer on the vols. Not hope for the worst just because we don’t like the head football coach who’s working his rear end off for this football program.
True fans have been sticking together cheering for the vols.....it isn't working . I hope UT football flat lines and everyone associated with UT football is fired. I don't know how you people could **** this program up this bad. Its a joke and everyone close to the program should be embarrassed. Thank God for UT basketball, that program doesn't get enough appreciation and deserves better than UT.

I’ve been frustrated as well. Who wouldn’t be after a 3-7 season? I truly believe corona had a major impact on the development of this football program as a whole. The trajectory of the program after Pruitt’s first two years was upward. Let’s add a couple key pieces to the staff in Steele and Garner, have solid quarterback play, bring in another solid recruiting class, and let the chips fall where they may next season. I happen to think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with how next season turns out.

Yeah I think the Corona excuse has pretty much been debunked. I wish the Pruitt apologists would just quit throwing it around.

So we openly had an investigation to find reasons to fire with cause....

And now everything is fine.

Kevin Steele is better than Tony Robbins
well, we don't KNOW that's what the investigation's purpose was. and it appears that there wasn't any actual intent on the university's part have it play out in the open like it did.

there were agendas to push. so things happened. you'll never convince me that fulmer, plowman or boyd WANTED this to be as public as it was.

someone did though, and i'd bet whoever that was likely wants pruit, and/or fulmer, gone....and this was a means to an end....

True fans have been sticking together cheering for the vols.....it isn't working . I hope UT football flat lines and everyone associated with UT football is fired. I don't know how you people could **** this program up this bad. Its a joke and everyone close to the program should be embarrassed. Thank God for UT basketball, that program doesn't get enough appreciation and deserves better than UT.
Hope the Admin don’t screw with the baseball team they are on the climb. Lucky to have Vitello!

Smart, loyal, and funny! Think I'm going to get another.
We’ve talked about doing that. We’ve been so lucky with our girl, and her personality. She more like a lab than a mal. Very protective and alert when she needs to be, but pretty lazy otherwise.
My fear with getting another is getting one that we can’t control like her. My friend just surrendered his Mal to a police dept bc he put his wife in the hospital with over a 100 stitches, and he now has a Dutch Shepard from a working line that he’s having issues with as well. She’s had extensive training, but still is aggressive.

Do you foresee any changes on the offensive side of the ball? Coaching/scheme wise, not necessarily roster.

It's in flux. Technically, we have two open positions, two expiring contracts not yet renewed and several guys who're looking around. They wanted to add a defensive guy, and they've done that. How they shuffle and backfill the rest and how that will impact the offensive scheme, IDK.

Still have zero reason to change my prediction.

Pruitt was never gonna be fired right after the interview. The people they hired will consult with the AD and determine the best solution going forward. I think that is still Pruitt being axed. Now granted, if Monday comes and goes and Pruitt is still not fired then the university has failed everyone. Is what it is.

It's in flux. Technically, we have two open positions, two expiring contracts not yet renewed and several guys who're looking around. They wanted to add a defensive guy, and they've done that. How they shuffle and backfill the rest and how that will impact the offensive scheme, IDK.
Our offensive scheme sucks. DId we even avg 20pts a game this year? if we want to compete with the big boys i think we are gonna need an offense than can score 40 when necessary. We dont have anything close to that right now. These defensive minded guys need to realize that offenses are extremely powerful now and the whole "defense wins championships" isnt true anymore.

Yeah I think the Corona excuse has pretty much been debunked. I wish the Pruitt apologists would just quit throwing it around.
how has it been debunked exactly? there are actual facts surrounding it, that did actually impair the ability to develop a good number of folks on the 20 roster, specifically the rising sophomores and incoming freshmen....which are the two groups that have the lion's share of the talent on this team.

there are other things that can be argued in terms of what pruitt coulda/woulda/shoulda done from a personnel management standpoint as the season went along, especially at QB and OL....but there's nothing to debunk in terms of what effect the lack of the ENTIRE off season for the FR and SO on this team had. and i'll add here that probably the biggest effect it had was that there was nothing in terms of QB competition in spring/summer/fall...imo, that was HUUUUGE....given what we saw from QB play this year.

and that was a known issue coming out of last season. even as giddy as some of us were about how we finished 19, the first thing out of anyone's mouth about 20 was "gotta get a lot better at the QB spot".

and then, boom, no off season...no spring. no summer.....however many kids held out of fall camp for quarantines etc...

all that to say, this isn't a defense of pruitt as much as it is a statement of fact about what DIDN'T happen prior to this season starting....and it's not up for debunking.

This is actually pretty easy now I think. If he isn't fired Monday, move on. Im hyped to watch Salter tear it up in about 2 hours and then turn to Spring Ball. We will be awful next year, but at least we will get to see the likes of Salter & a few others develop.

No spring practice, no summer workouts, and no fall practice had a negative impact. Especially with a young football team. It’s just a fact.
If it was the problem, why didn’t we see our team get better as the season went on? Why were our best games the first two that we played? Why did every other team, except Vandy, embarrass us late in the season?

Reactions: 90 Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back