Lady Vols - National Anthem

This once proud program has become a joke. Karma is a b!tch. After the LV’s knelt during the National Anthem they deserve to lose every game from here on out as far as I’m concerned.
You are right for the most part, but whether or not they 'deserve' to lose is debatable. I just don't care anymore.

Apparently UT thinking about all the ways they can kneel and disgrace our country instead of thinking about how they could pass a basketball; get the ball in bounds; stop the stupid turnovers; and sleep-walk thru a game.

I have been a fan of LV since they started BB, and I have never seen a more pathetic half than tonight. This team did not want to win. Stood around holding the ball until Ga simply took it away and went in for layups. 17 point lead in first half, as Ga played badly, but then everyone quit. Davis was as pathetic as any, and Burrell was somewhere else. Key cannot hold onto a rebound and continues to have the ball taken away.

Absolutely disgusted with this sorry, sorry effort ( or lack of effort). PITIFUL.
Karma for kneeling!!!!

The Knoxville News Sentinel has an article released tonight that all the Lady Vols except one knelt during the National Anthem. We do not need politics that differ from mine in college sports period. This is a total shock as I would not have believed it would have happened with the Volunteers.

Fyp

Does the word irony have any meaning to you? Just for the record who is this "we". Is it black athletes who worry that when they are not on the court, that they, or their friends, or relatives might be killed for driving, shopping, walking while black or less severely being racially profiled when they walk into a store? Where is your respect for these athletes' experiences and viewpoints?

You certainly watch too much CNN. You have mentioned some, but not all, of their fables.

This team plays like it is unmotivated, unfocused and lazy. I can't believe it lacks athletes, although some of the ladies are clearly weak, out of shape and clumsy. Players who lack self-motivation will get focused and hustle when they respect/fear the coach's response to lack of effort. Maybe someone significant needs to be called out and made a major example of for lack of effort.

The Georgia coach wasn't all that great, but she purposefully chose to sit her "star" big (who was playing pretty much like the Lady Vols) and the rest of the Georgia team immediately came alive with effort. Coach Harper needs to use the teaching power of the pine bench and not be afraid to use it no matter who the pupil is. When Barnes sees a lack of effort he sits the player regardless of who it is. If the pupil pouts, sit her longer. If they pout the season away, think about addition by subtraction at year end. Scholarships are for one year with no guarantees. If one important and capable, but underperforming, player gets called out by the coach in a public way, the rest of them will step up. If they don't, trade them all out for players who act like they care to play for the Lady Vols.

Had this team tried at all tonight they would have beaten Georgia by double digits.
But but but they sure can kneel ... who cares! A bunch of privileged disrespectful losers!

I didn't.. seem it before .. same o same o .. after the kneeling .. I won't even entertain it .
what is about you people and kneeling. most of you guys don’t know how it feels to be black in this society, so don’t talk down on them for protesting in a very peaceful way. If you don’t watch the games, get off the forums. 🤡

We should cancel the season to spare us more embarrassment. We looked lost in the second half and to be honest I am taking a break from watching this team. I get to pissed off watching them look like they don’t care. If they don’t seem to care why should I?

Agree with you totally! Maybe they should be practicing "kneeling while the National Anthem is played".

Oh my goodness! And here I was concerned that our country was being attacked by a prolific virus and violent insurrectionists who were incited by the president. Student-athletes peacefully protesting the obvious double-standard our government has for different races in this country? Now THAT’s troubling. :rolleyes:
Over dramatic much princess?

Voting doesn't work when there is no election integrity. When ballots no longer work, guess what's left?
I wouldn’t invest too much in politics. Live your life, don’t allow the whims of some megalomaniacs to spoil all the good left in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC_Vol

VN Store

Back