Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp that was depressing. Josh Pate just said he believes this next hire will determine whether not TN is relevant for the next generation. He said a lot of people have already relegated us to a tier2 or tier3 program. He believes this next hire determines whether or not we keep our seat at the big boy table. He also feels there is a strong chance that Steele is interim Head Coach next season to give TN an unprecedented amount of time to thoroughly vet a head coach.
Worst possible thing ever. If Steele sniffs a bowl game, Phil would love nothing more than to give him the job.

How do you know they'll be good? Hooker lost his starting job to Burmeister at Virginia Tech and he was 2-5 as a starter this year, they were 3-0 without him. He really struggles throwing the ball and Fuente didn't even play him at all the last game of the season. Salter has tons to learn and needs time to put on weight and strength and to learn the offense, plus he really isn't much of a passer yet. We woud probably win 3 games next year at most if he is forced to play and it wouldn't be fair to him.

Salter is a much better passer than you think. I know nothing about QB Hooker.

I absolutely don’t want Bailey to go anywhere. I think he can be a great QB and especially at UT!

Possibly but
1) what does he have to sell right now with the toxicity and violations
2) he gets fired at the end of the year and most of those kids go elsewhere, you end up in the same boat.

If he survives the investigation he will be able to say it’s over

I just think Pruitt recruiting next year is better than an interim

Reactions: Vol4ever
The thought process was none of the candidates in the pool were swimming in is a sure thing. If we don’t get the hire right we’re done. I think our current options would dictate punting for a year.

If Steele is the interim until we’re able to hire a sure thing, everybody might as well count on TN football never being good again in our lifetimes.

Welp that was depressing. Josh Pate just said he believes this next hire will determine whether not TN is relevant for the next generation. He said a lot of people have already relegated us to a tier2 or tier3 program. He believes this next hire determines whether or not we keep our seat at the big boy table. He also feels there is a strong chance that Steele is interim Head Coach next season to give TN an unprecedented amount of time to thoroughly vet a head coach.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back