Fox News Shakeup

I enjoy controversial content. If I wanted to be bored, I would watch lifetime. Fox is not typically on my TV but when I tune in it is cool to see some sparks. They can always change the DEM contributors.

I agree with your premise. That's why I was a big fan of the O'Reilly Factor. He had liberals on all the time. I think Hannity and Colmes>Hannity. But Donna Brazile is a race baiter. She's not a liberal with any standing to speak of. Brit Hume>Bret Baier. Shannon Bream and Martha MacCallum are nothing more than vanilla bleach blondes. I was never a big fan of Greta Van Susteren but she sure as hell wasn't on the air due to her looks. She had a schtick and that's more than these gals. I'm OK with Laura Ingraham but she rarely has opposing views on and when she does, she doesn't do the interview well.

I don't want Fox much more and it's because they've stepped down their talent. Roger Ailes definitely had problems with demanding favors from the ladies but he was a genius at what he did for tv.

every network is trash and 95% bias and fake

I agree with the Bing Crosby line in White Christmas to Rosemary Clooney: "everybody's got an angle."

I can deal with bias but the difference I see is that the left deals in hate...for Donald Trump and all of his voters. That's different than dislike or disagree with. I can't handle all the hate spewed on network news thus I can't watch it anymore

Two points and an observation.

Observation: Thanks lawgator1 for switching your avatar back.

Point 1: My favorite news shows (not news) are ones with opposing viewpoints. "Hannity and Colmes" and "Crossfire" will usually give more information than single point of view shows. Today's news shows are garbage. I haven't watched cable cable news since November, 2019 (when I dropped cable for an antenna), because ALL news and news shows became total opinion disguised as news. At the time I dropped cable OAN's morning news was just news and all I watched for news. However, as stated earlier, OAN's opinion shows were conspiracies after conspiracies.

Point 2: hog88 asked, "What exactly is a Republican anymore?" I turned 18 in 1988 and my first presidential vote was for Reagan as he aligned with my values. A womanizer once rightly said, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” JFK was more a Republican than 95% of today's Republicans in Washington. Extremely high government positions turn people into godlike deities. "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." Chief Justice Roberts is known as "Hollywood Roberts."

In my 54 years, with the exception of 1995-1999, Congressional do not want to lead, they want to follow. "What exactly is a Republican anymore?" A synonym for a cat.

It's sad so many of you love echo chambers.

What's sad is how ready and willing they are to abandon their echo chambers and gloat about their demise when it's no longer echo chambery enough for them.

I haven't cared for Fox News for 17 years and I'm not having a jelly donut party over this. Some people are a little sick.

Fox executives fear a shake-up as Rupert Murdoch escapes months-long self-quarantine to come to the US thanks to vaccine courtesy of the UK's NHS

Fox executives are said to be fearful a shake-up is on the cards as Rupert Murdoch heads back to the US thanks to the COVID-19 vaccine, courtesy of the UK's NHS.

Murdoch is a US citizen and was born in Australia but has been isolated with his fourth wife Jerry Hall at his home in England since the summer.

Sources said he was waiting for the second dose before heading back across the pond, where rumors are circling that positions of some top executives are on the line after ratings have slumped in recent months.

The News Corp. boss has reportedly taken a more hands-on role at the right-wing network in recent days alongside his son Lachlan.

Top of the priority list is to tackle the decline in ratings seen since Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election in November, insiders said.

Multiple insiders told The Daily Beast Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace are both fighting to keep their jobs after taking the lion's share of the blame for the figures.

Fox has denied there is any truth to the rumors, issuing a statement that reads: 'Your premise is wrong. It is wishful thinking by our competitors.'

Sources said Murdoch and Lachlan are 'disenchanted' with the pair.

'Fox News has been absent a leader with the exception of [Fox Corporation's Chief Legal and Policy Officer] Viet Dinh running the operation between the network and the White House,' one insider said.

Murdoch has already made his return known with the announcement of a significant revamp of Fox's daytime scheduling Monday.

'I mean Rupert got involved with the shuffling of the lineup so that's never a good sign for someone in charge,' a current Fox staffer told The Daily Beast.

'What is the point of having a manager running your business if you have to run the business yourself?'

Fox execs fear a shake-up as Rupert Murdoch returns to the US thanks to vaccine courtesy of NHS | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Fox executives fear a shake-up as Rupert Murdoch escapes months-long self-quarantine to come to the US thanks to vaccine courtesy of the UK's NHS

Fox executives are said to be fearful a shake-up is on the cards as Rupert Murdoch heads back to the US thanks to the COVID-19 vaccine, courtesy of the UK's NHS.

Murdoch is a US citizen and was born in Australia but has been isolated with his fourth wife Jerry Hall at his home in England since the summer.

Sources said he was waiting for the second dose before heading back across the pond, where rumors are circling that positions of some top executives are on the line after ratings have slumped in recent months.

The News Corp. boss has reportedly taken a more hands-on role at the right-wing network in recent days alongside his son Lachlan.

Top of the priority list is to tackle the decline in ratings seen since Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election in November, insiders said.

Multiple insiders told The Daily Beast Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace are both fighting to keep their jobs after taking the lion's share of the blame for the figures.

Fox has denied there is any truth to the rumors, issuing a statement that reads: 'Your premise is wrong. It is wishful thinking by our competitors.'

Sources said Murdoch and Lachlan are 'disenchanted' with the pair.

'Fox News has been absent a leader with the exception of [Fox Corporation's Chief Legal and Policy Officer] Viet Dinh running the operation between the network and the White House,' one insider said.

Murdoch has already made his return known with the announcement of a significant revamp of Fox's daytime scheduling Monday.

'I mean Rupert got involved with the shuffling of the lineup so that's never a good sign for someone in charge,' a current Fox staffer told The Daily Beast.

'What is the point of having a manager running your business if you have to run the business yourself?'

Fox execs fear a shake-up as Rupert Murdoch returns to the US thanks to vaccine courtesy of NHS | Daily Mail Online

Maybe start by getting his liberal loving son away from the network!

Nolte: Disgraced Fox News Channel Is Losing to MSNBC and CNN LOL

With this insane news cycle, I’ve been hesitant to dance on the grave of the disgraced Fox News Channel. Once things settle down, which they hopefully will after His Fraudulency Joe Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, the cable news ratings might revert back to norm.

Nevertheless, this is still news…

Over the past 20 years, we’ve had all kinds of insane news cycles, and for the first time in 20 years, the disgraced Fox News Channel just lost to far-left CNN.

Oh, and the disgraced Fox News Channel also lost to far-left MSNBC. To which I can only say tee hee.

Could this be a sign of things to come?
CNN[LOL] topped cable networks with roughly 2.8 million viewers per day from Jan. 4 through Sunday, and 4.2 million in primetime, according to the ratings data.

For that same period, Comcast Corp’s MSNBC attracted 2.3 million per day and 3.8 million in primetime. Fox News, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corp, drew about 1.7 million per day and 3.2 million in primetime.​
Well, I sure hope that’s a sign of things to come. So where are all those Fox viewers going? Well…

Fox News purge: Political editor Chris Stirewalt - who was part of the election team that called Arizona for Biden - is laid off alongside up to 20 other digital staffers

• Chris Stirewalt, a political editor who had been with Fox News for more than a decade, is among the staffers laid off
  • He was part of Fox's election night team that called Arizona for Joe Biden before other networks, in a move that infuriated Donald Trump and his supporters
  • In addition to Stirewalt, at least 16 editorial staffers from the Fox News Digital department have been laid off
  • Some of those staffers include senior editors and reporters who have been with Fox for a decade
  • Fox described the redundancies as 'restructuring' but insiders told The Daily Beast it was a 'purge' to make the network more align with Trumpian views
Fox News has laid off one of its political editors Chris Stirewalt and more than a dozen other staffers as part of a 'post-election restructuring'.

Stirewalt, 45, who had been with the network for more than a decade, was part of Fox's election night team that correctly called Arizona for Joe Biden long before other networks in a move that infuriated Donald Trump and his supporters.

In addition to Stirewalt, at least 16 editorial staffers from the Fox News Digital department have been laid off.

Some of those staffers include senior editors and reporters who have been with Fox for a decade, the Daily Beast reports.

Sources have described the Fox News lay-offs as a 'blood bath' initiated by editor in chief Porter Berry who is a former Sean Hannity producer, and appears intent on remolding the network to be more align with the pro-Trump views on Hannity.

Trump had staffers, including senior advisor Jared Kushner, chief of staff Mark Meadows and advisor Hope Hicks - reach out to contacts at Fox to reverse the Arizona decision.

Kushner was told to call Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News, and demand he rescind the Arizona decision. Murdoch refused.

Jason Miller, another adviser, was told by Trump to call Bill Sammon, a senior vice president and managing editor in Washington.

On Monday, Sammon told staffers he planned to retire.

Trump's supporters eventually started protesting outside polling booths in Arizona.

When the Trump campaign initially threatened lawsuits in Arizona over the election results, Stirewalt had declared on air: 'Lawsuits, schmawsuits. We haven't seen any evidence yet that there's anything wrong.'

Trump then told his followers to switch from Fox News to fringe right-wing rivals Newsmax and OAN.

The network says the layoffs are part of a post-election restructuring.

Fox News fires a dozen staffers including political editor Chris Stirewalt | Daily Mail Online

Fox News purge: Political editor Chris Stirewalt - who was part of the election team that called Arizona for Biden - is laid off alongside up to 20 other digital staffers

• Chris Stirewalt, a political editor who had been with Fox News for more than a decade, is among the staffers laid off
  • He was part of Fox's election night team that called Arizona for Joe Biden before other networks, in a move that infuriated Donald Trump and his supporters
  • In addition to Stirewalt, at least 16 editorial staffers from the Fox News Digital department have been laid off
  • Some of those staffers include senior editors and reporters who have been with Fox for a decade
  • Fox described the redundancies as 'restructuring' but insiders told The Daily Beast it was a 'purge' to make the network more align with Trumpian views
Fox News has laid off one of its political editors Chris Stirewalt and more than a dozen other staffers as part of a 'post-election restructuring'.

Stirewalt, 45, who had been with the network for more than a decade, was part of Fox's election night team that correctly called Arizona for Joe Biden long before other networks in a move that infuriated Donald Trump and his supporters.

In addition to Stirewalt, at least 16 editorial staffers from the Fox News Digital department have been laid off.

Some of those staffers include senior editors and reporters who have been with Fox for a decade, the Daily Beast reports.

Sources have described the Fox News lay-offs as a 'blood bath' initiated by editor in chief Porter Berry who is a former Sean Hannity producer, and appears intent on remolding the network to be more align with the pro-Trump views on Hannity.

Trump had staffers, including senior advisor Jared Kushner, chief of staff Mark Meadows and advisor Hope Hicks - reach out to contacts at Fox to reverse the Arizona decision.

Kushner was told to call Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News, and demand he rescind the Arizona decision. Murdoch refused.

Jason Miller, another adviser, was told by Trump to call Bill Sammon, a senior vice president and managing editor in Washington.

On Monday, Sammon told staffers he planned to retire.

Trump's supporters eventually started protesting outside polling booths in Arizona.

When the Trump campaign initially threatened lawsuits in Arizona over the election results, Stirewalt had declared on air: 'Lawsuits, schmawsuits. We haven't seen any evidence yet that there's anything wrong.'

Trump then told his followers to switch from Fox News to fringe right-wing rivals Newsmax and OAN.

The network says the layoffs are part of a post-election restructuring.

Fox News fires a dozen staffers including political editor Chris Stirewalt | Daily Mail Online

I liked Chris.

I liked Chris.
I did as well but it at least it looks like someone is trying to save the network. It at least to me started to get away from the whole "we report, you decide" and by 2020 outside its primetime & Saturday night lineups it appeared to lean more to the left with more left leaning contributors as guests.

Tuesday, Jan. 19 Scoreboard: CNN Is No. 1 In Key Measurements, While Rachel Maddow Remains Most-Watched Host

Don Lemon averaged 1.2 million adults 25-54 in 10 PM hour, number one on cable news.
MSDNC beat Fox News most hours, with the exception of 8 PM (Tucker Carlson).

Fox News is adding new opinion shows to its weekend lineup featuring Trey Gowdy and Dan Bongino, while making permanent a test run of the panel shows The Big Saturday Show and The Big Sunday Show.

Gowdy’s show, to launch June 6, will air at 7 PM ET, where the network has run a replay of its Sunday morning program Fox News Sunday.

Bongino’s show, to start June 5, will air at 10 PM ET and is taking the time slot of The Greg Gutfeld Show.

Nolte: Disgraced Fox News Channel Is Losing to MSNBC and CNN LOL

With this insane news cycle, I’ve been hesitant to dance on the grave of the disgraced Fox News Channel. Once things settle down, which they hopefully will after His Fraudulency Joe Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, the cable news ratings might revert back to norm.

Nevertheless, this is still news…

Over the past 20 years, we’ve had all kinds of insane news cycles, and for the first time in 20 years, the disgraced Fox News Channel just lost to far-left CNN.

Oh, and the disgraced Fox News Channel also lost to far-left MSNBC. To which I can only say tee hee.

Could this be a sign of things to come?
CNN[LOL] topped cable networks with roughly 2.8 million viewers per day from Jan. 4 through Sunday, and 4.2 million in primetime, according to the ratings data.

For that same period, Comcast Corp’s MSNBC attracted 2.3 million per day and 3.8 million in primetime. Fox News, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corp, drew about 1.7 million per day and 3.2 million in primetime.​
Well, I sure hope that’s a sign of things to come. So where are all those Fox viewers going? Well…

I was in this category in January. No, I didn't watch the National Enquirer news in CNN or MSNBC, but I had turned off the news.

I'm back watching FoxNews like a jolted Tennessee Volunteer since our last SEC football championship.

Reactions: StarRaider
Tuesday, Jan. 19 Scoreboard: CNN Is No. 1 In Key Measurements, While Rachel Maddow Remains Most-Watched Host

Don Lemon averaged 1.2 million adults 25-54 in 10 PM hour, number one on cable news.
MSDNC beat Fox News most hours, with the exception of 8 PM (Tucker Carlson).

I guess CNN and MSNBC has gone back to sucking. Fools gold for their networks that probably earned them all contract extensions like a UT coach after finishing top 3 in the East.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I was in this category in January. No, I didn't watch the National Enquirer news in CNN or MSNBC, but I had turned off the news.

I'm back watching FoxNews like a jolted Tennessee Volunteer since our last SEC football championship.

Fox News Stalwarts Dan Bongino and Trey Gowdy Tapped for Weekend Shows

By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | May 12, 2021 4:00 PM ET

In its efforts to win back the conservative audience it lost during the 2020 Election cycle, while still appearing “fair and balanced” with some moderate Republican offerings, Fox News has created two weekend shows for long-time Fox News contributor Dan Bongino, and prosecutor and former South Carolina Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy.

Fox News Stalwarts Dan Bongino and Trey Gowdy Tapped for Weekend Shows

Fox News is adding new opinion shows to its weekend lineup featuring Trey Gowdy and Dan Bongino, while making permanent a test run of the panel shows The Big Saturday Show and The Big Sunday Show.

Gowdy’s show, to launch June 6, will air at 7 PM ET, where the network has run a replay of its Sunday morning program Fox News Sunday.

Bongino’s show, to start June 5, will air at 10 PM ET and is taking the time slot of The Greg Gutfeld Show.

Trey Gowdy can CMA.

VN Store

Back