Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That literally means nothing. Anyone that played, coached, or worked at a high level of football becomes a sponge for that just Bc of how often you do it.

I’m more basing it off of we have had alignment issues the entire time he has been here and have been routinely attacked in the same ways over and over again under Pruitt. I find it more likely that Pruitt rose up the ranks Bc of his recruiting connections, particularly to the guys bama brought in early then because he is some ace scheme or play designer.
He’s not the DC here. There’s been bad disconnects as he tries to manage the whole team and that reflects bad on him as a DELEGATOR. The subject was his football 101 aptitude and if he’s far superior to his loudest critic? It MEANS a lot.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Could...could it....could it actually be that the angry elf might be ready to retire?
I know he’s lost damn near every assistant other times and been fine. But damn if I haven’t been ready to watch that b!tch burn for about the last 12 years.

He's grooming Bill O'Brien as the HCIW

Yep, Urban is indeed a unique College coach, but I stand by what I said in that college and pro coaches take different management skills. If he takes that job Lets have this discussion in about 4 years and see how he had done. :cool:

It does not speak well of me, I'm not proud of it, but I'd love to see Urban crash and burn (professionally) in Jacksonville.

Reactions: windrider
He’s not the DC here. There’s been bad disconnects as he tries to manage the whole team and that reflects bad on him as a DELEGATOR. The subject was his football 101 aptitude and if he’s far superior to his loudest critic? It MEANS a lot.
He’s the head coach. He develops the game plan. You really think he goes from trying to over throw Mark Richt to letting his assistants do absolutely everything? Lol

There’s no way you believe that.

Reactions: crazyguy
That literally means nothing. Anyone that played, coached, or worked at a high level of football becomes a sponge for that just Bc of how often you do it.

I’m more basing it off of we have had alignment issues the entire time he has been here and have been routinely attacked in the same ways over and over again under Pruitt. I find it more likely that Pruitt rose up the ranks Bc of his recruiting connections, particularly to the guys bama brought in early then because he is some ace scheme or play designer.
Pruitt is a terrible communicator and teacher I think is what it probably boils down to.

If you drop him in with a squad that is already loaded talent-wise, and is already familiar with a scheme, he's fine. He'll press the right buttons and pull the right levers. Just like other Saban defensive assistants. That's Saban's defense - he just pulls guys in there who know how to run it exactly how he wants to. He doesn't want guys in there who really think for themselves about a scheme; he wants guys in there who follow directions.

When you ask Pruitt to build something himself - recruit his own players and implement a defensive system that those players need to learn, I don't think he's good at that.

I don't think he'd be seen as embarrassing because of that - I think he's seen as very "green" and might get in here and discover the job is just way too big for him.
Well that’s projection. And that’s more guessing wrong than the “embarrassing” angle. That’s clearly tinted as NCAA violations related.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Well, tbh he broke the Florida credit card case. that got him some notoriety. He's not always right and Im not going to defend anything he does. However, he is a journalist and Tony is a quirky blabber mouth who got kicked off mainstream radio in Knoxville because his personality got old. Why doesn't he break any news that he always claims he knew?
He didn't get kicked off mainstream radio, Eric Ainge's toxic personality ruined TSR and it got ran into the ground. Instead of going with someone else Tony went into business from himself and has been highly successful. I'm not going to defend Tony but he's a radio personality, he talks about what he hears, is he wrong sometimes? Absolutely he is but he's also right a lot. In terms of the credit card case pretty sure that was message board stuff well before Wallace "broke it", maybe @Lawrence Wright can help us out there?

Pruitt is a terrible communicator and teacher I think is what it probably boils down to.

If you drop him in with a squad that is already loaded talent-wise, and is already familiar with a scheme, he's fine. He'll press the right buttons and pull the right levers. Just like other Saban defensive assistants. That's Saban's defense - he just pulls guys in there who know how to run it exactly how he wants to. He doesn't want guys in there who really think for themselves about a scheme; he wants guys in there who follow directions.

When you ask Pruitt to build something himself - recruit his own players and implement a defensive system that those players need to learn, I don't think he's good at that.
He improved both Florida states and Georgia’s defense.

I mean what coach is going to fall flat if you drop him in with a loaded roster and established successful head coach.

So as that post puts it:

HC: Marrone
OC: Chaney
RB Graham
WR: Martin
QB: Weinke
OL: Anyone at this point

DL: CRG
IB: Chavis, because why not
OB: Felton
CB: Fair, because why not.
DC: Steele

If nothing else we win the heaviest coaching staff award. Smh.

So as that post puts it:

HC: Marrone
OC: Chaney
RB Graham
WR: Martin
QB: Weinke
OL: Anyone at this point

DL: CRG
IB: Chavis, because why not
OB: Felton
CB: Fair, because why not.
DC: Steele

If nothing else we win the heaviest coaching staff award. Smh.

Fulmer is going to step down and take the OL coach spot.... Or the HC spot. Lol.

I'm still not convinced Pruitt gets fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back