Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

I think If it happens then he’ll have some guys from his CC staff too. I don’t see Tee hanging around, we need a OL coach, Neids is out, and a CB coach.

I’d say he would bring his own staff, offense anyways. He would probably be asked to keep Jay.

Butch is not a good coach. That’s my point. And look how close we were to being right there with elites. Hell we had the lead on bama with like a minute left. Look how easy it was for him to create that buzz for recruiting.

And even after losing Dobbs, Kamara, Malone, Hurd, Sutton, Barnett etc,...... we still should have beaten Florida in the swamp in 2017.

Makes me realize how explosive the offense could have been with Kamara getting more reps ☠😡

Oh so I am another Bruin cause I believe that we will win again? I believe the next coach can get good recruiters and save most of that class. My point is why are we willing to be held hostage by one class. Some of you act like its the end of the world and I say it depends on our next hire. You missed the sarcasm in my post. This is why I have lurked more than posted lately because this board right now just keeps going in a circle and we just repeat what we been saying 10 pages back. I have been on this board longer than you have and I have never ever posted anything like Bruin. If you think my few words on that post is going to effect the class of 22 then that is exactly why you never make a decision based on keeping a class but thanks for making me feel power there. lol My suggestion. Put your trust in the Lord and quit worrying about one post from one person destroying a class. May God truly bless you and your family.

This is in reference to VolFreakJosh post. Page 3091

I get it but it has to stop, it's dumb

You’d think we would learn.

At some point every single poster that was here 3-5 years ago has proclaimed one of these coaches the right guy.

ChipK
Frost
Fuente
Barbers
Norvell
Strong
Taggert
And others

many other of us have scoffed at coaches like
Mullen
ED O
Smartt
BKelly
Even Dabo early on

the facts are the last 10 years should have taught all of us that we might be wrong about our favorite choice for our next coach.

With that said I won’t be complaining about any single hire and I won’t be proclaiming them as a certain savior either. No way in hell should anyone feel their opinion can’t be wrong and choose to participate in another shiano Sunday

Nah. Currie wanted Mullen. He had them on the hook and gave him time to think on it which allowed for Florida being turned down by Chip and Frost. Then Florida offered Mullen and the rest is history.

Crazy to think how the East could have turned out if Mullen is here and Frost is at UF

I don’t know how many times I have to post this. I know someone on the UF strength staff and the neighbor to one of their coaches. Both, independently, told me they all thought they were going to Knoxville. Then I was at a holiday party with the dude at MSU who is the liaison with high school programs, and he said the same thing.

So, three people associated with Mullen’s staff all told me the same thing that independently that line up with Currie’s pick being Mullen, and then Mullen left Currie at the altar. Then he had to move down the list.

Edit: Post not directed at @HankHill, but at people who keep saying Schiamo was the pick from the jump.

Last edited:
Butch is not a good coach. That’s my point. And look how close we were to being right there with elites. Hell we had the lead on bama with like a minute left. Look how easy it was for him to create that buzz for recruiting.

And even after losing Dobbs, Kamara, Malone, Hurd, Sutton, Barnett etc,...... we still should have beaten Florida in the swamp in 2017.
Personally I think the 2106 team had enough talent and experience to win the SEC and we go 9-4. To me that is the definition of underperforming and I think that shows you how much Butch was out of his depth. A good coach like Freeze would’ve had that team in the National Championship.

Lazy entitled quitter..how many of these kind of highly rated guys have we been cursed with the last fifteen years?

The problem is that there has been no internal culture of excellence to challenge and keep our football players grounded. Barnes has built that in basketball. In football it is still absent.

Reactions: Vols4us
Well, since it’s gonna be a quiet day, tell us about some of the chocolate experiments you’re working on.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back