Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad:

"Reggie McKenzie is a past NFL Executive of the year ... He doesn't get contacted when we have openings. Charles Davis wears his Tennessee pride literally on his sleeve yet has told me that he would love to offer a hand in finding a coach yet his opinion has never been sought."
They don’t care bass this University simply doesn’t care about football and they certainly don’t care about winning.

bless you all! I can’t bring myself to go lower on a list. Freeze is as low as I’ll go or I continue to do other things other than CFB. Marrone is a flop. Job is much too big for Chadwell. Napier won’t ever come. Fulmer’s a liability and well his buddy Steele I don’t want anywhere near the HC gig.
Sorry

Reactions: Deebowbear
I think we have two realistic choices that we should hope for, or else we're in big, big trouble.

Herman, who probably won't be hired because of his reputation for not getting along with boosters. And Chadwell, who may not be hired for lack of experience, or may be hired but have all the hands in the cookie jar forcing a staff on him if he does.

This is TN. We're going to bungle this thing and end up hiring either a loser with a losing record, or we're going to hamstring a winner like Chadwell
Grow a set of snapper clappers. It’s going to be alright big guy.

Fulmers plan is for Steele to be HC. You don't bring in a 62 year old proven assistant who desires to be a head coach, then turn around and put a 40ish year old HC over him...would not mesh well...then again...this is TN

It's totally going to be Marrone and Steele.

Kazoots Basilio. Kazoots.
Coach Majors " I knew when he hit the edge it was adios Kazoots". Talking about Rocket Ishmail. I was at that game. My best friend got too drunk and went to jail that day. Good times. GBO! I hope I live long enough for the Vols to be great again. GBO

I don’t care about that. Win and the fans will come. The most important sales pitch for the future of UT football is that ‘22 in-state class. Fulmer and the Mayes Bros. seem to be the most important connection there, and I think Fulmer can sell the Mayes family on Marrone, they can sell Ty Simpson, and he can sell the rest of that class.

I think Chadwell’s offense will also be a tough sell
When pitching Simpson.

I thought Simpson was considered a dual-threat. Wouldn't that fit Chadwell's offense better than Marrone's offense?

Grayson McCall was 19th in the nation in passing yards and tied for 10th in TD passes. He also had over 500 yards rushing. Although I can see the argument about the level of competition.

OL play mostly. Seems a lot like what Jones tried to do with OL. They looked like they were on skates when Debord wasn’t there and Dobbs wasn’t there to mask deficiencies. They even got shoved around by Chattanooga’s DL.
The thoughts that he wants small lineman is an absolute myth..... I have concerns about him too but that is false

This is sad:

"Reggie McKenzie is a past NFL Executive of the year ... He doesn't get contacted when we have openings. Charles Davis wears his Tennessee pride literally on his sleeve yet has told me that he would love to offer a hand in finding a coach yet his opinion has never been sought."
UT is full of little boys want to hog all the toys......

Chadwell has never worked with anybody of note, that’s another one of his flaws IMO.
My main concerns with Chadwell, can he handle the scope of this job and can he recruit SEC caliber players. I believe he's a really good coach but I'd like to see him prove it on a little bigger scale than C. Carolina. I hope he can do it here.... IF he's going to be our new coach.

I said the other night JC played ball with my younger cousins at Anderson County and I love that he grew up a VOL fan. If it's not going to be Freeze, then I'll be ok with Chadwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back