Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Just the fact that posters are having legitimate discussions about S16 and EE tournaments shows the team's improvement since KJH arrived. It is all part of the process like taking the stairs and going step by step. sometimes you can skip a step but there is no elevator to the top.

Right! and not having to wonder about IF we get in.

Good catch

1000 worse ...... and the trophy goes tooooo.

“IVY”. Let’s hear it for the all time greatest ! 😈
Oof that’s a blast from the past!

Bingo. "I went to an Ivy League school and you didn't, so your opinion doesn't count!". Nope, don't miss her. Same with Pat4Life or whatever his name was.

You couldn't say a single negative thing about Holly during their Reign of Terror without incurring their keyboard warrior wrath (terrifying, I know...). Good riddance to the rubbish.

I’d have to agree. Expected, not in my opinion, but if she’s intelligent enough to get into Stanford, no way I would pass up that education.

Seems like a Stanford or Duke kid to me as well. After those playing days the connections and name on that paper will carry weight.

Congrats to the young lady!

I don't think there will be any team more loaded than Stanford another number one player second in four years. They also had a number 2, 11,11. 15. and 19 so they have quite a bit of talent now and are adding to it every season.
UCONN and South Carolina will be stacked as well. There won’t be much parity in the years to come but it makes for some exciting games between the top teams.

Bingo. "I went to an Ivy League school and you didn't, so your opinion doesn't count!". Nope, don't miss her. Same with Pat4Life or whatever his name was.

You couldn't say a single negative thing about Holly during their Reign of Terror without incurring their keyboard warrior wrath (terrifying, I know...). Good riddance to the rubbish.
Grateful I missed all that. I can imagine a dumpster fire even worse than what they're experiencing at Neyland.

UCONN and South Carolina will be stacked as well. There won’t be much parity in the years to come but it makes for some exciting games between the top teams.
Remember this. Syracuse and Oregon State were not stacked in 2016 but made it to the FF. If Tennessee can continue to improve and get one or two top 15 players, they could get to a FF within the next two years, if Davis stays. A team does not have to be stacked to get to the FF, just get hot at the right time. jmo.

Tara VanDerveer appears to have a lock on the Colorado girls. She has been doing some real damage pulling some great players out of CO! Pretchtel, Belibi, Van Gytenbeek and now Lauren Betts. Tara’s mother lives in Colorado so she spends part of her off season there. Doing some double duty and brining some great talent to The Farm while she’s there!

Lauren is going to be a huge (literally) problem for teams. Incredibly mobile at 6’7”. She can easily dunk and has true foot speed for her size. If she stays healthy I don’t see how they don’t win a NC or two in the next few seasons. She and Belibi will be an absolute problem together. Not to mention, Brink, Jones and the rest.

Ashton Prechtel is a great player but she’s losing minutes due to all the crazy talent coming in around her. If she moves to transfer she would be an excellent pickup for Kellie. 6’5”, mobile and can stroke the 3, would work well in Kellie’s system based off the current players she’s recruiting.

Lady Vols had 2 recruiting violations..from knox news but behind a pay wall so here are some quotes....

What rules did Lady Vols violate?
The women’s basketball’s program’s Twitter account on July 10 published a video that showed the names and images of three prospects who had not yet committed.

After seeing the post, a Lady Vols assistant contacted the compliance department to check on its permissibility. The tweet violated NCAA rules regarding publicity of prospective athletes.

The violation was deemed to have occurred because an administrative error and did not involve members of the Lady Vols’ coaching staff. The athletics staff members involved in the error received rules and procedural education.

Tennessee previously reported a women’s basketball violation last January after an assistant called a prospect who was not yet permitted to receive calls. The assistant had missed a phone call and believed it to be from an AAU coach. The call, though, came from the coach’s daughter, and she answered the assistant's return phone call. The assistant received a one-week recruiting penalty, and the coaching staff was prohibited from initiating communication with the involved prospect for 15 days once she was eligible to receive such contact.

Doesn’t sound like any big issues thankfully. Always good when you have a totally clean slate. Many teams commit these infractions and don’t self report. Good to know we’re being honest.

Tara VanDerveer appears to have a lock on the Colorado girls. She has been doing some real damage pulling some great players out of CO! Pretchtel, Belibi, Van Gytenbeek and now Lauren Betts. Tara’s mother lives in Colorado so she spends part of her off season there. Doing some double duty and brining some great talent to The Farm while she’s there!

Lauren is going to be a huge (literally) problem for teams. Incredibly mobile at 6’7”. She can easily dunk and has true foot speed for her size. If she stays healthy I don’t see how they don’t win a NC or two in the next few seasons. She and Belibi will be an absolute problem together. Not to mention, Brink, Jones and the rest.

Ashton Prechtel is a great player but she’s losing minutes due to all the crazy talent coming in around her. If she moves to transfer she would be an excellent pickup for Kellie. 6’5”, mobile and can stroke the 3, would work well in Kellie’s system based off the current players she’s recruiting.

I like your idea of this recruit coming here ! However , this Sophomore will be going into her Junior year at Stanford ..... If I was her parents! I would be livid that she would leave that type of college degree because she wasn’t getting more playing time .... Just Saying

Maybe a graduate transfer her last year ? 🤷‍♂️

I like your idea of this recruit coming here ! However , this Sophomore will be going into her Junior year at Stanford ..... If I was her parents! I would be livid that she would leave that type of college degree because she wasn’t getting more playing time .... Just Saying

Maybe a graduate transfer her last year ? 🤷‍♂️

I would agree haha. I would stick around for the Stanford degree 100%. She seems like a team player but could see her doing a grad transfer. Just don’t see how VanDerveer is going to get her many minutes over the next couple seasons. She’s too talented to just sit because she’s not quite as good as the supremely talented players they have/will have.

Tends to happen at Stanford, not uncommon for players to get more time early in their career and then move to a supporting role as younger talent comes in. Seeing that this season with Alyssa Jerome. She was a starter 13 games last season as a junior but then her minutes dropped drastically as the year went on. She’s hardly played this season. She may have some sort of injury but I’ve seen that with Tara before where a player just inexplicably lost time. Mainly due to improvement of other players.

Maya Dodson also opted not to play this season, I think she cited COVID. TBH I think she saw the writing on the wall and knew her minutes were gone. She was going to have to compete for time at the forward spots with Belibi, Brink, Prechtel, Jones and Jerome. Wants the Stanford degree in engineering so she stayed to finish school or else I think she would have transferred. Just my opinion from my birds eye view as a Couch Coach lol.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back