Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not entirely fair. I mean even media types with established connections to the university like Chris Lowe were saying they don't see how he survive. Not like it was rooted in some QAnon insanity land, there was some merit to it. But regardless, another year of sucking chodes coming up.
It's pretty simple. What would the smart decision be? What would tennessee do if they really want to win? Whatever the opposite is, will be what tennessee does. I don't care what sports reporters or insiders say. I just figure out what the dumbest decision would be and assume that's what tennessee will do. I haven't been wrong yet.

Volnation Clock work.

Head Coach X is going to be hired... "Oh no, we are doomed!"

But wait, he's going to bring Y and Z coordinators... "Oh yea, best staff in the country!"

The head coach is where our program will live and die, not the coordinators.
True, a good head coach can consistently recruit great coordinators to minimize staff turnover disruptions and outside meddling. We haven't had that in a long long time.

The year is 2036, Tennessee just lost their 10th game of the year to Vanderbilt by 32 points. The lights come on in the press room, the cameras roll. Austin Price hears a familiar voice say the words, "We fought our tails off out there, aight? We're closing the gap." Slowly his gaze is lifted to see this man, ready to take his questions.

1610489418216.png

Exciting times. Poor Harrison Bailey and Gray.
Really hope bailey thinks about his future and transfers

Yeah cause that's why Bailey's Dad come out and said Pruitt is the reason Harrison is at UT! Not that I support retaining him but just saying your thinking may be flawed a lil based on his comments.

By all means, we would love to see a well thought out, evidentiary based post that proves this statement.

"I love Doug Marrone," Brees said.
Brees spoke to jaguars.com Wednesday morning while attending Super Bowl LI week in Houston, and he talked about the time he and Marrone spent together from 2006-2008.
Brees at the time was in his first three seasons with the Saints. Marrone, who was named the Jaguars' head coach January 9, spent those three seasons as the Saints' offensive line coach/offensive coordinator.
"He did a phenomenal job for us," Brees said. "He was extremely influential for a lot of our young offensive linemen who are still playing today – guys like Jahri Evans and Zach Strief to name a few."

"I love Doug Marrone," Brees said.
Brees spoke to jaguars.com Wednesday morning while attending Super Bowl LI week in Houston, and he talked about the time he and Marrone spent together from 2006-2008.
Brees at the time was in his first three seasons with the Saints. Marrone, who was named the Jaguars' head coach January 9, spent those three seasons as the Saints' offensive line coach/offensive coordinator.
"He did a phenomenal job for us," Brees said. "He was extremely influential for a lot of our young offensive linemen who are still playing today – guys like Jahri Evans and Zach Strief to name a few."

So because Brees, an all time great QB, liked him and said he did a great job makes him one of the best OL coaches in all of football? This wasn’t even close to evidence based. This is opinion based. Thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back