Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marrone would have better talent at UT than 75% of the teams he played. He beat Belichik with Bortles, and Bill had Brady. Don't have to compare leagues.
I completely agree that he is an improvement over what we have, but so are many other coaches. If he is such a great commodity, why isn‘t he a candidate for any of the multiple vacancies in the NFL?

You don’t watch lol. It’s obvious. Enjoy your night friend.

What does that mean? I watched game tape of this years Jaguars, games from his tenure at Syracuse, breakdowns of the Marrone offense and did research on his OL stats through PFF. You're the one that isn't watching, you are so desperate to make this guy sound like a good hire that you'll spin it however you want to fit that narrative. Doug Marrone is an abysmal candidate for this program and you might as well set your calendar for 12/15/2023 for another round of coaching searches if he is hired.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Kennesaw St is good and they have a nice stadium if you are ever up in Cobb.
Going to narrow down between Kennesaw State and Jacksonville State. I live right in between them, 30 minutes either direction. Leaning selfishly to KSU because Pappasitos is right next to them. Best fajitas in Atlanta metro.

Doesn’t matter, both are losers.

We’ve never been serious about winning.

And we never will be. I mean read this and listen to Freeze. The dude is talking about Neylands Maxims. I mean what more does this stupid ass administration need to see to understand that Freeze WANTS to be here. I mean when a coach really WANTS a job, they are likely going to pour everything they have into it. Look at Pruitt, do you think he really WANTED this job? I don’t. I think he took it just because he was offered.

Hugh Freeze recites General Neyland's Maxims

What crack is phil smoking thinking Pruitt can turn this around next year with all new assistants and a toxic environment with a lack of talent and poor recruiting?
He gets more than next season to turn it around. He probably doesn't get fired next season either.

There you go. That's all there is to it. People can either embrace the suck or cheer for another team. You will not get a legit competitive team from tennessee.

Ehh, I’ll continue to be a Vol fan, however I’ll be spending my weekends doing other things instead of watching Pruitt or Marrone on the sidelines next season.

Reactions: orangesoda
What does that mean? I watched game tape of this years Jaguars, games from his tenure at Syracuse, breakdowns of the Marrone offense and did research on his OL stats through PFF. You're the one that isn't watching, you are so desperate to make this guy sound like a good hire that you'll spin it however you want to fit that narrative. Doug Marrone is an abysmal candidate for this program and you might as well set your calendar for 12/15/2023 for another round of coaching searches if he is hired.
Enjoy your night!

Bill Belichick reportedly gave Doug Marrone a 'glowing recommendation' to Jaguars

Ftr I’ll take Bills word over yours and your “research”

then it makes no sense to not take anymore transfers. We need help in so many spots
VQ originally said we could take up to 28 this year. Not sure how, but I was thinking more like 27 like last year, but alas...maybe we are just going to take 20 and let the next coach recruit 32-33 in his first year and flip things quickly 😁

Yep sadly I feel like Fulmer's a bit hard headed too. And the other admin around him are letting him do his job.

I honestly feel like the worst thing we could have done was hire Fulmer at AD especially given the circumstances around it. Would have been nice to have taken more time with that hire and I still wonder where the program would be if we had hired David Blackburn instead.
Blackburn sh^t in his hat and that's on him. No one else to blame.

I completely agree that he is an improvement over what we have, but so are many other coaches. If he is such a great commodity, why isn‘t he a candidate for any of the multiple vacancies in the NFL?

I don't know the answer to that, but it really isn't that difficult to extrapolate coaching in the NFL to coaching in college. While I am not a "football guy," you have to understand the way the NFL is set up. It's not just about pure numbers. We all have opinions, and it's pretty clear that hiring coaches is a crapshoot. I just choose to believe that certain coaches have a better chance to succeed based on experience and specific success than just hoping that a mid major coach will with no prior sustained success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back