Trump Supporters Gathering in D.C. - Mayor Readies for Those ‘Seeking Confrontation’

Which of those states actually succeed in providing freedom to their citizens is the better question.
16 currently do better than the US according to the right-leaning Cato Institute, many of which are headed by the people with the dreaded "S" next to their name. Tops is New Zealand.

16 currently do better than the US according to the right-leaning Cato Institute, many of which are headed by the people with the dreaded "S" next to their name. Tops is New Zealand.
It all comes down to what you call freedom, I reckon. If you consider a broken justice system freedom, if you call 40% tax rate freedom, if you call a heinous war on drugs freedom, if you call our current police state freedom, if you call wars of aggression freedom, then I guess you’re right.

I personally feel we could do a hell of a lot better with a little less government in our lives.

Last edited:
You don't know either. They may have good justification for it. If he entered certain areas then he deserves what he got. If he broke windows he deserves what he got. If he was outside the building then it's totally bullshat and we should all be pissed.
We are supposed to be Innocent until proven guilty. Usually means in court, or at least with judge involvement.

Reactions: AM64
They use some incredibly weighted metrics.

They dont look at the sources of that "freedom." I dont see how one can consider themself free if you are beholden to something, not even someone, else. In this case the state.

The people are "free" to be dependents of the state. If they try to source their own freedom the state locks down pretty quick. Which means they arent free.

Hong Kong is free? I guess as long as you agree completely with the govt

NZ locked people in their homes and banned all travel for at least part of the year

You're looking at specific aspects of their freedom and CATO is doing their best to evaluate and weight all of their freedoms. Hong Kong is missing out on some major social/political freedoms but it's (still, I think) the freest economy in the world.

We can't even buy unpastuerized milk. No ****, this is a raw milk raid.

1610376202000.png

You can look at one shocking component of a country's freedom and skew your perspective.

VN Store

Back