Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

The body language — she looked like her legs were rubber from nerves! — and the look on on Horston’s face as time ran out and the Lady Vols had won, was priceless! Bless her, she was soooooo relieved. I was happy to see Kellie go to her to give her some love because she might have fainted without the support. lol

But seriously, as much as we all know our team should have won by 15-plus, that could turn out to be an important game going forward. It’ll be a MUCH more enjoyable, powerful teaching game for our players and staff since it resulted in a win than would have been received if LSU had come out on top. Tennessee can draw on the knowledge/feelings of WINNING the road game against a relentless opponent.

Moving forward!!!!
Well said...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I did't see the game but from the post game stats, it appeared Tamari and KK played well with a combined 20 points and 13 rebounds. Is that assumption correct?
Rickster ...those stats are misleading as far as I am concerned .....I did not think that they played all that good although Key did show some spunk spurts in this game that she has not this year.

Reactions: Nickid1975
The problem was they were scoring points off the turnovers they won that stat big today. I think they had something like 24 points off 19 Tennessee turnovers.

So many of them were live ball turnovers that resulted in a breakaway layup for Pointer. We turned the ball over on the left side of the Key to pointer about 12 times. Either a post putting the ball down or our wing player trying to make a move. She is just too quick for that nonsense. On a taller player she can get to the ball easily.

Up to this game, even in the games where we had a lot of TOs, most of them were dead ball turnovers. We are not fast enough to chase down someone like Pointer after we give it away.

We didn’t play well. We honestly should’ve lost , but I’ll take it . SEC road wins are gold. #7 Arizona lost to WSU today . This season is a crapshoot. We are 2-0. Onto UGA we go.

Exactly. Sometimes it’s like that in the SEC Pat used to say no win was given and we saw that tonite.

I’d rather be 2-0 than 1-1 or 0-2.

GA will be another good resume building win and I suspect if they can grab it and being 3-0 is even better. GA is actually ranked above them in the NET rankings so build your resume game by game and this was a very ugly win to the committee which is easier to overlook than a bad loss.

What happened at about the 15 second mark? We should have been inbounding after the tied ball. Did we turn over on the inbounds? RB looked like she screwed up per her body language.
We threw the ball to Rae and she missed a bunny layup.
Seemed like a broadcast glitch. May have been tied up with a graphic during the inbounds play.

Reactions: 37620VOL

VN Store

Back