Jeremy lost his fire

Coaches aren't told to "tone it down" for just kicking a whiteboard. If he lost his fire, it's because he realized being the DC at powerhouse is easier than being the HC at a rebuild job where the fans have real expectations.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Hear me out... Why fire Pruitt, with his contract locking the University for the full amount. Why fire him? Keep him. Make him, I dunno, trash can maintenance. Stadium stripe maintainer. Just switch him to another job not on the field. There are plenty of menial jobs that he can be assigned to. Then if he quits, that's on him. If we are gonna have to pay him regardless, then keep him and make him somebody's coffee getter, mail room clerks assistant, football air up guy, whatever.

Because his contract says he is contracted to be the head football coach at the University of Tennessee. So if we follow your advice

1. He would sue us for breach of contract, undue stress, etc. We would then pay out the full amount plus his legal fees plus punitive damages. The $12MM issue likely becomes $15-20MM or more

2. Try to hire a competent replacement right after you pull that stunt.

I am sure he has lost his fire. A lot of men would. He took a dream job and had very high expectations for himself. I expect he also was confident in his ability to be successful.

He’s not an idiot or any of the other pejoratives that the armchair experts throw around on this forum. He’s just in over his head. He’s elevated himself to a position that he is not equipped for. For a host of reasons, he’s failing.

The more he understands that, the less fire he is going to have.

I wonder if, at any juncture, it is ever the coaches fault for some posters.

Trotting Guarantano out game after game sucked the wind out of this program much more than Pruitt toning down his stupidity on the sidelines.
What if he goes to Washington state and starts for a 5th year and that coach gets fired? Boom 6 years in college and 3 head coaches fired.

The year he kicked the board, the team quit the last 2 games
The year he grabbed players by the facemask, the team lost to GSU
The year he fired a coach in the middle of the game, the team quit in the 2nd half

The problem isn't the intensity, it's the coach.....
And yet your 3 statements says the team quit....

I am sure he has lost his fire. A lot of men would. He took a dream job and had very high expectations for himself. I expect he also was confident in his ability to be successful.

He’s not an idiot or any of the other pejoratives that the armchair experts throw around on this forum. He’s just in over his head. He’s elevated himself to a position that he is not equipped for. For a host of reasons, he’s failing.

Amen, not sure why these keyboard warriors have to get so personal.

When he was kicking whiteboards and grabbing face masks, platers were responding. I wonder if he was told to tone it down? Coaches have to be themselves and if players can’t take old school coaching they should leave.
He also lost his waist line. Fat and happy

What if he goes to Washington state and starts for a 5th year and that coach gets fired? Boom 6 years in college and 3 head coaches fired.

Rolovich, Pruitt, and Jones deserved to get fired if they keep starting Guarantano as described in your scenario.

They are the ones watching practice and filling out the depth charts.

And I am in no way shape or form a Guarantano fan.

Thrilled to see him transfer.

Hope he does OK for himself in life but I have never seen a worse QB start for UT in a season. Nor a more tone deaf response to his mistakes like Pruitt did this year.

Good take . It might be too late as the UTHC and he might have to wait awhile to get another shot at being a HC but if he had half a brain in his head he would do what successful people and surround himself with people who have strengths to match his weaknesses . Once one loses their fire because their confidence has been shattered they can either bury their head in the sand and fully fail or they can surround themself with people who are talented in their specific area of expertise and let those people do their job successfully. I see CJP failing because even though he may have realized that he is in over his head I think he is too damn stubborn to try anybody else’s way, even though his way has caused a 4 alarm dumpster fire .

I love that our fans believe the biggest problem is our coach doesn’t kick enough marker boards or assault enough players...Jesus Christ

When he was kicking whiteboards and grabbing face masks, platers were responding. I wonder if he was told to tone it down? Coaches have to be themselves and if players can’t take old school coaching they should leave.
I laugh each time I see that whiteboard kick. Great example of “wannabe” fire. Come on man, it was weak. I enjoyed the face masks pulling and chewings. But overall you are right, he is basically emotionless and has a severe lack of fire

To be fair, Pruitt never struck me as a Loggins fan.

Keep_the_Fire.jpg

That’s a good point. My recent image of him seems like is that at of him lecturing the media and fans that “Jg gives us the best chance to win” and “everyone that’s at practice knows that”.
He had a chance here. This fan base is so damn desperate for any sign of life that most of us absolutely got behind him. But it’s over now. He’s just not anywhere close to being intelligent enough to run a program.
WHOOOOO MEEEEE???3bp75t.jpg

Jerry Kramer famously said of Lombardi that the"thing he liked about Lombardi was, he treated all the players the same...like dogs"
While I agree, those are different times. Most kids now days demand to be coddled. Anything different is considered mistreatment.
GBO!!

Reactions: feathersax
Hayes had more than just that. Pruitt doesn’t have the knowledge behind it. He’s a great dc but to run a whole team, he’s just not equipped. To inspire respect, just not prepared for that.
He may or may not be a great DC. Take away the 5 stars he coached and being under the direct tutelage of Saban, how good of a DC would he be?

He may or may not be a great DC. Take away the 5 stars he coached and being under the direct tutelage of Saban, how good of a DC would he be?
He’s had traditionally solid units everywhere he’s been even without Saban. I hate him as a head coach and his defense hasn’t been great here. I think when he’s able to focus on just the defensive side he’s fine.

He’s had traditionally solid units everywhere he’s been even without Saban. I hate him as a head coach and his defense hasn’t been great here. I think when he’s able to focus on just the defensive side he’s fine.
But hasn’t he had elite talent everywhere he has been DC?

Because his contract says he is contracted to be the head football coach at the University of Tennessee. So if we follow your advice

1. He would sue us for breach of contract, undue stress, etc. We would then pay out the full amount plus his legal fees plus punitive damages. The $12MM issue likely becomes $15-20MM or more

2. Try to hire a competent replacement right after you pull that stunt.

Calm down. No need to direct your frustrations at me, unless you got your oh face going

I’m saying he is not good but what would he have done at Cincinnati? Would he have been as good as their DC is now considered by near everyone.
I mean idk that anyone can answer that. I would say he would probably at least be solid. Saban makes everyone better by he demands excellence at every position.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Calm down. No need to direct your frustrations at me, unless you got your oh face going
I don’t know that I want someone called BigOrangeMojo directing his frustrations at me especially if he has his “O face” going. 😂

VN Store

Back