Official Dirt Track Racing Thread

Me too, Pacer! LLM late 90’s-early 2k’s. Made it to Winchester, Baxter, Crossville a few times also. Then I got married and old, lol

That’s awesome! I raced at Duck River for about 3 years...Super Stock mainly...2-barrel LM a little. My brother ran an open wheel for a few years. I raced asphalt at Nashville for several years...mid-90s-early 2k’s as well. Been to all of those tracks but never ran any. Age got me too!

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I used to race dirt track...the ole muddy duck...Duck River Speedway..
Did some myself for a hot minute. Don’t know if anyone here remembers Laurel Mountain Speedway? It was just outside of Madisonville. Tried Smoke Mountain a couple times outside of Maryville

Did some myself for a hot minute. Don’t know if anyone here remembers Laurel Mountain Speedway? It was just outside of Madisonville. Tried Smoke Mountain a couple times outside of Maryville

I remember Laurel Mtn. I recall Patrick Duggan winning alot of races there. Wasn’t there also a track right beside I-81 near Greenville, TN? Small dirt oval?

120631786_10217708046993553_7570434288271276302_n.jpg

Need some review/opinions on Volunteer & 411 Speedways. Planning on visiting both this year.

Need some review/opinions on Volunteer & 411 Speedways. Planning on visiting both this year.

Volunteer is one of what I think of as the “Big 3” of East TN high banked dirt tracks, the others being Atomic Speedway (gone now😢) and Tazewell Speedway.

Volunteer is very high-banked and fast but it’s paper-clip shape and speed make passing difficult at times. Things can get interesting when the leaders catch lapped cars. Large concrete grandstand with steep pitch. Well worth a visit for sure.

411 was once a paved track back in the 80’s. To me it’s pretty good but nothing special. Facility is not as big as Volunteer, track not as fast but worth a stop if you’re in the area.

Tazewell Speedway is freaky high banked and probably the fastest track of it’s size in the country. You need to see it at least once. Video doesn’t quite capture it.

Hope you enjoy them!

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Never been to Volunteer, but 411 is a nice track.
Like the post above says, I would definitely hit up Tazewell sometime. It’s a super fun place to watch a race. Just don’t stand behind the fence at turn 1 there, I’ve witnessed a few wrecks and debris clear that fence.

If any of you guys are ever in central PA, you gotta check out the speed palace, port royal speedway, the best and fastest dirt track in PA, maybe even the country....and I'm lucky enough to live just 4 miles from it... A must track to go watch a race..

If any of you guys are ever in central PA, you gotta check out the speed palace, port royal speedway, the best and fastest dirt track in PA, maybe even the country....and I'm lucky enough to live just 4 miles from it... A must track to go watch a race..
Looks like a nice place. Pretty impressive Grandstands too. I always like to look at a tracks amenities. I spent a lot of time growing up around a track called Laurel Mountain down outside of Madisonville. That place was rough haha

A buddy of mine grew up in that area and raced at port royal years ago...definitely a nice and fast track.

Reactions: aredfox28
Looks like a nice place. Pretty impressive Grandstands too. I always like to look at a tracks amenities. I spent a lot of time growing up around a track called Laurel Mountain down outside of Madisonville. That place was rough haha
They are always improving port royal, they just re-did the grandstands a few years ago, they are paving the pits as we speak, there's another track close to.here that's nice, but I never went to it, it's called Williams Grove Speedway.. alot of big races there too, but not as fast as port royal..

I have heard that PA has the most speedways of any state in the country.
It just might, there are a bunch.. heck there's 4 only any hour from me... Port royal, williams Grove, susquehanna speedway, and heston speedway.. let alone 2 drag strips..beaver springs drag way, and another I don't know the name of..

Me and a buddy are hoping to make it out for a few races during PA Speedweeks this year. I wanna hit Port Royal & Lincoln.

I have heard that PA has the most speedways of any state in the country.

PA POSSE

VN Store

Back