Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate losing 5 star players, I've seen enough of Wanya Morris getting beat on speed rushes to where im not sure it'll be that difficult to find a replacement. He wasn't even starting by year end anyway.

Let's face it guys, we need to rebuild from ground up again. So what if gray, morris or whoever leaves? We will be 4-8 or 5-7 next year with or without them
So what if lose everyone..... so what if we couldn’t practice due to contract tracing...... so what if Wanya missed most of the preseason.... so what if our admin has made our job completely Undesirable..... so what

At this point, you can’t lay more blame on Pruitt. Maybe they know what they are doing, but the administration is causing this now. Some players without position coaches, and hires can’t be made. Just make a damn decision.

“I’ll bet they have a plan”

Hey guys before you go bashing potential head-coaching hires think about who you wanted Tennessee to hire last time. Where you right about your number 1 guy. I'll admit Chip Kelly was my number 1 guy and he is not exactly setting the world on fire. My second Choice was Dan Mullen. He has done a great job but he is trying to jump ship to the NFL and made that known publicly. Could you imagine the meltdown here? My point is maybe we should not go bashing the potential coaches. There are no sure things. #HireFreeze #Hughtothehill
We know Freeze and Fisher wants to come here. Those are good coaches, but of course Freeze has baggage.

As much as I hate losing 5 star players, I've seen enough of Wanya Morris getting beat on speed rushes to where im not sure it'll be that difficult to find a replacement. He wasn't even starting by year end anyway.

Let's face it guys, we need to rebuild from ground up again. So what if gray, morris or whoever leaves? We will be 4-8 or 5-7 next year with or without them

Sad to say, but we might be glad to be 4-8 or 5-7 the way things are going now. :confused:

Jeremy comes back, this team goes 8-4 next year with Steele and Garner on staff moving forward. Keep fighting Phillip. Getting ready to head up there myself to see what Stud can do about it.
giphy.gif

All of this is like a tragic comedy. We are seeing all these programs nab good assistants while we're still twitting our thumbs deciding whether or not we will have a new coach next year.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Gonna need a sure fire coach. Big splash kind of hire to save things. Meyer, Bob Stoops kind of hire. Idk if kiffin, freeze will be able to salvage this program and make ut respectable in a season.

I'm not sure I agree with this. More than anything we need someone that understands how to win even when your talent isn't to that of some of your opponents. Pretty much any coach is going to have a top 20 class at Tennessee. However that puts us at 7th-8th in the SEC, we need a coach that can take that and beat the A&M's and Florida's that recruit Top 10 classes. We starting winning 8 or 9 games every year the recruiting will start feeding itself and then we can consistently play with the top teams. The fan base would lose its mind but I'd take a Lance Leipold at Buffalo and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back