Oscar Tshiebwe in portal

According to this write-up, he could be worth it:

"A big, strong and burly post player, Tshiebwe is arguably the hardest playing prospect in the 2019 class. He’s tough, physical and doesn’t take plays off. Tshiebwe’s biggest value is in his rebounding, as he consistently goes to the glass, pursuing the ball with both hands. His motor seems to be endless and his brute strength is tough for opposing players to deal with at this stage. Offensively, Tshiebwe is quite raw. He looks to dunk everything. Next step is developing a go-to post move and improving his touch. He does consistent rim run, often beating the opposition for easy buckets. There’s value in his defense, because he doesn’t’ take plays off and most can’t handle the physical brand of basketball he plays. He also slides his feet relatively well and can handle switches on to wings on the perimeter. Tshiebwe will be a very productive college player, but at 6’8” there may be a size limitation. Tshiebwe should get drafted, but if he is going to stick in the league, it will depend on his development."

But he's liable to take all of Plavsic's minutes. :eek:

Last edited:
True center from West Virginia. Hearing UK has been talking to him and now UT has as well. Anyone hearing this?
Where have you been, OJJ? We have been talking about this for 2 days, already. 😀

He would be our most talented post player the minute he steps foot on campus. UK has the advantage of having been in on him the first go-round, plus he has physically visited their campus. He is supposed to narrow his list down, do some virtual campus visits, and wants to choose by this weekend to get enrolled for 2nd semester. Seems kinda rushed, to me, which would also seem to play into favor of a school he is already familiar with. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: blouder1
He is a definitely a player you want if you can get him. He would play a lot definitely put some players that have been getting a lot of minutes on the pine.

Where have you been, OJJ? We have been talking about this for 2 days, already. 😀

He would be our most talented post player the minute he steps foot on campus. UK has the advantage of having been in on him the first go-round, plus he has physically visited their campus. He is supposed to narrow his list down, do some virtual campus visits, and wants to choose by this weekend to get enrolled for 2nd semester. Seems kinda rushed, to me, which would also seem to play into favor of a school he is already familiar with. Hope I'm wrong.
Curious what the “personal factors” are which prompted this move. Maybe that impacts his decision on where to play next. Also he’s clearly a starter basically anywhere but we’re likely to have a huge opening for him to fill. Will get all the playing time he could want

Not right now. And if the NCAA keeps the limit at 13 we’re potentially at one over the limit even with Pons leaving for a paycheck.
To clarify, Oscar is heading to a new team within the next week so only teams with a current open scholarship are in the sweepstakes for his services? Does KY have an open scholarship?

So EJ, Fulky, & Pons wouldn't count then?

We've got two incoming...and if BHH isn't going to reclassify and Springer/Bailey or Keon leave...should have a spot
For the fall semester, but it appears Oscar needs a scholarship for this current semester if I’m understanding correctly

So EJ, Fulky, & Pons wouldn't count then?

We've got two incoming...and if BHH isn't going to reclassify and Springer/Bailey or Keon leave...should have a spot

I’m starting to think that Keon and Springer might both return. Of course it’s early and if they keep improving like they have recently then all bets are off. IMO Pons will leave though.

Doubt Bailey will leave. He has 2 years left. He’s not nearly as talented as KJ and JS. JJJ could certainly end up leaving if he reaches his potential this year.

I’m starting to think that Keon and Springer might both return. Of course it’s early and if they keep improving like they have recently then all bets are off. IMO Pons will leave though.

Doubt Bailey will leave. He has 2 years left. He’s not nearly as talented as KJ and JS. JJJ could certainly end up leaving if he reaches his potential this year.
Can’t imagine why Bailey would leave? After sniffing the draft, and not showing much this season I also can’t imagine Pons would stay. Even if he went to play in Europe that would seem perfectly acceptable for a European?

Keon has been a bit shaky offensively which probably hasn’t helped his stock much, but I don’t think it’s because of anything wrong w his game that time won’t improve. So probably not hurting his stock any, in which case as a borderline lottery pick he’s probably gone. Springer has really impressed me and I’m not sure why he wouldn’t be close to Keon in terms of draft status. Would think JJJ will return? Just not sure about what his mindset is after coming in being so highly touted. But my impression is that he’s level headed and would probably give it another year.

I’m curious about the other seniors. Is Fulky actually allowed to play again next year? In a 9th season? Can Anosike return?

Can’t imagine why Bailey would leave? After sniffing the draft, and not showing much this season I also can’t imagine Pons would stay. Even if he went to play in Europe that would seem perfectly acceptable for a European?

Keon has been a bit shaky offensively which probably hasn’t helped his stock much, but I don’t think it’s because of anything wrong w his game that time won’t improve. So probably not hurting his stock any, in which case as a borderline lottery pick he’s probably gone. Springer has really impressed me and I’m not sure why he wouldn’t be close to Keon in terms of draft status. Would think JJJ will return? Just not sure about what his mindset is after coming in being so highly touted. But my impression is that he’s level headed and would probably give it another year.

I’m curious about the other seniors. Is Fulky actually allowed to play again next year? In a 9th season? Can Anosike return?

Yes, Fulk can return. Basically this year did not happen. Bailey will be a Junior again next year if I’m following the NCAA’s decisions.

Yeah I think Pons already has NBA potential, and I know he'll be able to start overseas already.

I mention Bailey cause he'll graduate and he's already our leading scorer, depending on how he's graded come draft time he could take off. Personally, I think all of the guys who can should return. They'll have even better seasons next year getting a full off-season of work together and having the talent incoming.

Yeah I think Pons already has NBA potential, and I know he'll be able to start overseas already.

I mention Bailey cause he'll graduate and he's already our leading scorer, depending on how he's graded come draft time he could take off. Personally, I think all of the guys who can should return. They'll have even better seasons next year getting a full off-season of work together and having the talent incoming.
Bailey is a good college player, but players like him are a dime a dozen. I doubt he sniffs an NBA draft board, this year.

VN Store

Back