'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

He's going to UGA to win a national championship next year. It's their best chance in a long time.

Meanwhile we are going to be fighting hard to get to a bowl game, which Fulmer probably thinks is the pinnacle of success. F*** this sorry *** program.
They'll be 0-1 to start next season. It won't leave a lot of room for error.

They'll be 0-1 to start next season. It won't leave a lot of room for error.
I wouldn't be surprised if UGA beat Clemson, historically they usually do, Lawrence and Etienne will be gone. Bama will still beat them though, Saban owns him, like he does pretty much everyone, except oddly, Gus Malzahn.

Last edited:
Reactions: GroverCleveland
I wouldn't be surprised if UGA beat Clemson, historically they usually do, Lawrence and Etienne will be gone. Bama will still beat them though, Saban owns him, like he does pretty much everyone, except oddly, Gus Malzahn.
Maybe, smart never beats teams that are just as talented as his though. They also may be replacing a ton of starters depending on who comes out. They could be replacing 8 or 9 starters on defense. White, Cook, and Salyer are considering entering the draft off the offense.

Still a chance Daniels may go.

Clemson could be returning up to 10 starters on defense and started several FR this year on the defense. It will depend on Uiagalelei. He threw for like 800 yards in the two games he started and they were missing several WRs.

It'll be a good game.

If we hire them, it’s a little too late to use them as a basis for retaining our coach...we’ll owe them a buyout.
I was talking about players that may transfer if Pruitt is fired like HB,Henry T and others. The smart thing to do is wait for a new staff before they make a decision to hit the transfer portal. They might like the new HC and staff.

Maybe, smart never beats teams that are just as talented as his though. They also may be replacing a ton of starters depending on who comes out. They could be replacing 8 or 9 starters on defense. White, Cook, and Salyer are considering entering the draft off the offense.

Clemson could be returning up to 10 starters on defense and started several FR this year on the defense. It will depend on Uiagalelei. He threw for like 800 yards in the two games he started and they were missing several WRs.

It'll be a good game.
Smart is 10-6 against Top 10 competition. That's pretty good, even for a guy with a goofy haircut.

Smart is 10-6 against Top 10 competition. That's pretty good, even for a guy with a goofy haircut.

I was just talking about teams as equally talented. He had two top 10 wins this year. Auburn, who ended up garbage, and Cincy. Three or four of those were against Auburn teams that ended up with 4 or 5 losses. Baylor was another "top 10" team. His best win is still against OU and they arent nearly as talented as UGA.

Doesn’t Arik have to decide within a few days in order to start the new semester, and go thru Spring practice, at his new school? If that’s so, I don’t see him coming to UT with the head coach here in limbo.
Hope I’m wrong.. I often am..

It'll be a good game.
JTD already stated he's returning.

It'll be a good game.

Should be a real good game.
DJ should have beat Notre Dame as well this year. The reason Clemson lost was because James Skalski was also out that game.
Clemson losses their top two WR statistically, but there were other guys that were supposed to be starting for them.

Both teams will have former 5 star Cali QBs in charge. As you said with the Clemson defense tho. They played a lot of young guys. I'll take Dabo's boys.

Clemson i think will actually be better next season than this year.

Should be a real good game.
DJ should have beat Notre Dame as well this year. The reason Clemson lost was because James Skalski was also out that game.
Clemson losses their top two WR statistically, but there were other guys that were supposed to be starting for them.

Both teams will have former 5 star Cali QBs in charge. As you said with the Clemson defense tho. They played a lot of young guys. I'll take Dabo's boys.

Clemson i think will actually be better next season than this year.
A lot of what goes unnoticed for T-law is how well Clemson ran the ball when he played. They were almost a run first team his 3 years there. In the two games DJU played he threw the ball well but they were terrible running the ball those games. Travis E had 20 carries for 80 yards against BC. He typically doubles that ypc average in a game. Had a friend want to debate who was better between fields and Lawrence and it’s actually a tough debate, but how Clemson runs the ball with Lawrence playing is the definitive mark for me in that debate. That’s why I think Clemson probably takes a step back next year. Although, a step back for them ends the same as this year. 1st round bounce from the playoffs because the ACC is garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
He's going to UGA to win a national championship next year. It's their best chance in a long time.

Meanwhile we are going to be fighting hard to get to a bowl game, which Fulmer probably thinks is the pinnacle of success. F*** this sorry *** program.
Why don’t u cry about the same crap over and over again... some of u are broken freaking records

Best choice he could make. UGA is an elite program. We are the complete opposite. Throw in our uncertainty at the HC position and it’s gonna be hard for us to land any of these good transfers.
So elite that they haven’t won a championship since 1980, 18 years before our last one.

I was talking about players that may transfer if Pruitt is fired like HB,Henry T and others. The smart thing to do is wait for a new staff before they make a decision to hit the transfer portal. They might like the new HC and staff.
We’re on different pages then...I’m good with it.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I was just talking about teams as equally talented. He had two top 10 wins this year. Auburn, who ended up garbage, and Cincy. Three or four of those were against Auburn teams that ended up with 4 or 5 losses. Baylor was another "top 10" team. His best win is still against OU and they arent nearly as talented as UGA.
So what we are really saying is he has lost to Alabama 3 times and LSU twice and then Florida this year. You could also say the common denominator there is that all of those teams had better quarterbacks. I'm not sure that's going to be the case next year between Daniels and DU. Maybe.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess that’s all Vol fans have now. 1980. Whatever. I would kill to be even half as good as UGA is right now.

If Tennessee had a coach that had as much talent as Kirby had and pissed it all away we fkn riot. You’d really be ok with East titles and bowl bid? Knowing deep down without help from an LSU or Auburn you don’t sniff the playoff? The 1 time you get close your golden boy savior punts it away.

It’s bad as a Volunteer fan but knowing that is worse.

And they’ll probably lose to SCe or another team they shouldn’t. They’re spoiled trust fund frat boys who think just because it’s Georgia they get a auto W. When in reality if it weren’t for Cincy late game struggles they lose.

Kirby is the mastermind behind criminal misuse of talent for the good ole boy system.

And they’ll probably lose to SCe or another team they shouldn’t. They’re spoiled trust fund frat boys who think just because it’s Georgia they get a auto W. When in reality if it weren’t for Cincy late game struggles they lose.

Kirby is the mastermind behind criminal misuse of talent for the good ole boy system.
I had a VN member reply to me in another thread that Gilbert to UGA is not official or confirmed. This was within the last couple of hours.

VN Store

Back