3 moves into the promised land!

Vescovi played the most minutes of anyone at PG tonight

Sure that’s correct(although Keon was close)because he played the first 10 or so minutes exclusively at PG and we played jjj, springer and Johnson all at PG afterward.

SV played 26 minutes tonight and I’d say around 15 of those were at PG

James played 23 minutes tonight and maybe 3 -5 of those were at PG

Springer played 25 tonight with about 5-7 at Pg

Keon played 19 with about 15 of it at PG.

the best the offense looked was with SV at the 2 and I think they was clear tonight

Wow Bruin, you’re reaching hard for an “I told you so” moment that just ain’t there. The offense wasn’t “stalled” tonight. Keep that hate though, cause the Told you so’s work both ways

Not a I told you so moment just excited that Barnes saw the offense having a hard time getting Into their sets midway thru the first half and made the change I think is needed if this team is going to grind out an elite 8 game win to get to the promised land.

Springer has the tools to take over an elite 8 type game when the shot clock is winding down much more so than SV imo.

Not a I told you so moment just excited that Barnes saw the offense having a hard time getting Into their sets midway thru the first half and made the change I think is needed if this team is going to grind out an elite 8 game win to get to the promised land.

Springer has the tools to take over an elite 8 type game when the shot clock is winding down much more so than SV imo.
Your shtick of making SV sound like he’s under performing is just dumb though. No argument Springer and KJs ceiling is higher and they will have better games than him some nights. But it doesn’t take away from what SV brings to this team.

Yeah because they were running the same exact set to Fulkerson and Missouri has good defensive big men, that’s why the offense stalled lol

Yeah because they were running the same exact set to Fulkerson and Missouri has good defensive big men, that’s why the offense stalled lol

Not even remotely what I am talking about. Go to the game link to the 16:45 mark and you will see a great example

Which is why he needs to be at the 2 and not playing point. The freshmen are not nearly as good of scorers from the point, but are great at the 2 or 3. It all depends on the team and personnel of each team. Vescovi will be playing point the most.

We have the luxury of easing Springer into primary point position. It still helps having SV and he can still be effective at 2 position. I agree Keon is effective mid range and on in, ballhandling away from the goal isn't his strong suit yet for sure. We're deep and we share the ball and stay at it continually on defense. Bailey and Springer are emerging as good scorers and players!!!! I will take it! GBO!!!!!

Reactions: ArdentVol
I think he was talking about recent memory. I mean Ellis, Lofton, Yarbrough, Houston and I’m sure a few others were all terrific as freshman
No one has been as good in their senior season as King was in his freshman season. Houston was the next best freshman, but Ellis became a better player than Houston by their senior seasons

Sure that’s correct(although Keon was close)because he played the first 10 or so minutes exclusively at PG and we played jjj, springer and Johnson all at PG afterward.

SV played 26 minutes tonight and I’d say around 15 of those were at PG

James played 23 minutes tonight and maybe 3 -5 of those were at PG

Springer played 25 tonight with about 5-7 at Pg

Keon played 19 with about 15 of it at PG.

the best the offense looked was with SV at the 2 and I think they was clear tonight
Dang,i love the 2000-2001 BasketVols!

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
3 moves that need to be made for this team to achieve their ceiling!

3) Keon moves to being exclusivity a slasher. He doesn’t need to have the ball in his hands so much.

Playing Keon at PG is helping develop him
Into a better nba prospect but really hurts this team

He must get out of that habit of turning his back once he gets into the lane. Limits him so much and he does it every single time

Reactions: Lankykong
Playing Keon at PG is helping develop him
Into a better nba prospect but really hurts this team

He must get out of that habit of turning his back once he gets into the lane. Limits him so much and he does it every single time
His handles are borderline atrocious, dribbles so far away from his body, reminds me of early day Pons

3 moves that need to be made for this team to achieve their ceiling!

1) springer moves into being the primary PG

2) SV moves off the ball.

3) Keon moves to being exclusivity a slasher. He doesn’t need to have the ball in his hands so much.

You should have a #4:

TN needs to true 5 man - neither Pons or Fulky are true post players and it shows. Don't get me wrong, I like them both.

VN Store

Back