As of Tennessee's last game on March 3rd

Fulky is the heart and soul of this team. Pons a close 2nd with mad athleticism and elite defense (shot blocker). JJJ is the do everything point forward. Vescovi is the shooter/showman. Bailey is another shooter that plays good defense. Keon is the future NBA superstar athlete, that already plays elite defense, Springer is the "Truth" driving to the basket, plays really good defense and already has the body and offensive game to thrive in the NBA. That's 7 players that could be the best player on this team by March. Like I posted earlier, I'm going with Springer, but any of these 7 kids could be the "Man" and that's a good thing, imo. Of course, Barnes won't be UTs best player, but he could be our most valuable asset, if he can take us to the promised land, the Final 4 and if u make it that far, might as well win it all. Barnes has a Final 4 and is probably a stone cold lock for the Hall of Fame, but if he can do it again, maybe even win it all, it would do nothing, but cement his legacy and Tennessee's

The best player on the team, come March, will be Springer. He already can get his shot and/or in the lane, any time, he wants, so strong and above average handles. He is definitely not the best shooter on the team, but his 3 ball is more than respectable and his mid-range game is elite. Jaden plays great man defense and ebounds extremely well for a 6'4 guard. Where I expect Jaden to improve the most, as the season continues is assist/turnovers, which isn't bad, currently. Now, he has become my favorite player, so I guess I may be a little biased, but he wouldn't be my favorite player if he wasn't a balla
I really think you might be spot-on with all that.

Very tough question because we don't have a sure fire go to guy or know who it is.

Think this is the best answer and I think it's a good/great thing. Teams really cannot take away one piece while getting blasted by another. I know all the players on this team are team players, some to a point that their stats may suffer a bit. Haven't seen or watched the freshmen enough yet but think Springer fits this team well, Keon will get there and both can and will be go to scorers.
Think the players look up to Pons & Fulk for Senior leadership.

I’ve read all the post and have come to the conclusion that Barnes has assembled a team of players of great talent, basketball skills, unselfish, and coachable young men. What a great problem to have! The ceiling for this team was unthinkable before the season began. If he can keep them focused and improving over the season, we’re in for a fun ride.

Reactions: The Dog
I still think Fulk is the best college player right now, though he hasn’t necessarily played his best so far this year and was definitely limited versus Missouri due to Tillmon’s tough defense.

Think this is the best answer and I think it's a good/great thing. Teams really cannot take away one piece while getting blasted by another. I know all the players on this team are team players, some to a point that their stats may suffer a bit. Haven't seen or watched the freshmen enough yet but think Springer fits this team well, Keon will get there and both can and will be go to scorers.
Think the players look up to Pons & Fulk for Senior leadership.

Much better answer. If we need to shut down someone the Pons, if we need a basket it's Fulky.

I think James is so unselfish that his stats suffer. He can't help himself how unselfishly he plays.

Posted it in another thread, this is why it’s ok to have a couple guys on the end of your bench who maybe aren’t the most talented

Sure but they have to be the right type guys. Also him playing last year a lot I think gives him some “fuel in the tank” for that.
For his sake I hope he gets into the mix next
Season but if he doesn’t it’s understandable if that tank runs out of gas

Sure but they have to be the right type guys. Also him playing last year a lot I think gives him some “fuel in the tank” for that.
For his sake I hope he gets into the mix next
Season but if he doesn’t it’s understandable if that tank runs out of gas
Those are the type of guys at the end of this bench, and were last year too...if you don’t fit this culture you won’t last here.

Those are the type of guys at the end of this bench, and were last year too...if you don’t fit this culture you won’t last here.

You obviously talk to more people close to the program that I do but your post is why I don’t get the kent deal.

I was told Barnes was trying to send him a message for over a year but he kept coming back for more. As I have said before I respect the hell out of his loyalty but it seems to be there comes a point where it’s better for all involved including the kid to say you need to leave. I think Barnes let’s the kids make that choice all the way on their own if they keep their nose clean

Good thing there’s 12 scholarships instead of 7-8. You don’t have to hit on every player that comes into your program. It appears it’s not part of CRB’s culture to cut guys loose who are playing by the rules.

VN Store

Back