What does investigation have to find to out JP

First of all I would never wish ill on our program we have enough problems as is without a pr nightmare but I don't think the investigation was opened for entertainment so there has to be something to it but I'm sure we won't know until it's over with I think it overall will hurt the program but I also think the pruitt era is coming to an end but saving the program some money does seem like a silver lining I don't understand the university and booster politics but the fact that no staff replacements have been named kinda makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

This program was already a PR nightmare under Pruitt and Fulmer before the investigation news broke.

A 3-7 record and pitiful showings every single time they face a big rival doesn't create much good will.

The investigation news was just the topper to a miserable season.

I did misread you, Sad.

My apologies.
No problem, I guess the post title does sound like a head hunt I was just curious of what other people's opinion was I do feel like alot of people do want pruitt replaced and fulmer is the only thing keeping him as hc but wondered how ugly things would have to be for A.D. to overruled.

This program was already a PR nightmare under Pruitt and Fulmer before the investigation news broke.

A 3-7 record and pitiful showings every single time they face a big rival doesn't create much good will.

I'm with you and dread another coaching fiasco especially with the way the last 4 have turned out but I feel it's time to suck it up and cut losses you know what they say 5th times a charm.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange

Fulmer is hiding behind covid because he doesn't want to publicly tie himself to Pruitt, however the damage is already done and I'm almost willing to be Phil isn't AD come next football season

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
What exactly do you guys think the investigation has to find for JP to be fired with cause or at least create a scenario for buyout negotiations?

To fire “with cause” would likely take some very strong evidence of payments or improper benefits that were given to one of JP’s players with his knowledge. That would take a lot of evidence which likely does not exist.

He could be fired for lack of institutional control if it came out that an assistant was involved but would not likely stand up in court as a reason to fire with cause. However, in this scenario, the buyout would likely be negotiated down and settled out of court. I think this is the most likely scenario Tennessee would take if they decide to part ways due to violations.

To fire “with cause” would likely take some very strong evidence of payments or improper benefits that were given to one of JP’s players with his knowledge. That would take a lot of evidence which likely does not exist.

He could be fired for lack of institutional control if it came out that an assistant was involved but would not likely stand up in court as a reason to fire with cause. However, in this scenario, the buyout would likely be negotiated down and settled out of court. I think this is the most likely scenario Tennessee would take if they decide to part ways due to violations.
Thank you I believe that's the first straight answer, so for him to be fired with cause is very unlikely do you see a negotiation taking place or do you feel the investigation is nothing substantial and more or less just oversight?

Reactions: JBVolunteer
What exactly do you guys think the investigation has to find for JP to be fired with cause or at least create a scenario for buyout negotiations?
I don't know what handle you normally post with on this site, but if you are not even adult enough to spout this crap under using it, you are definitely a sad little person.

Not a damn thing. Pruitt is here another year. Sadly, I guess it is what it is....
Unfortunately your probably right about him being here for 21 and after if we can manage to be mediocre yet again the only hope I'm holding onto is the fact no assistant coaches have been replaced.

Fulmer is hiding behind covid because he doesn't want to publicly tie himself to Pruitt, however the damage is already done and I'm almost willing to be Phil isn't AD come next football season

Yep. Fulmer has been more politician than football coach for a long time.

He made the tepid reference in the bowl game announcement about Spring practice but hasn't said anything since then.

People on here want to complain about how all the negative posts hurting recruiting.

You would think the AD would want to get in front of an investigation and at least throw the dreaded vote of confidence behind the sorry coach he hired if they knew for sure he was coming back next year.

Reactions: Tnphil
What kind of backwards, mafia-style thinking is this?

Let's figure out what it would take to get rid of the schmuck, then manufacture (or in this case wish for) just enough bad stuff to come to light to get that job done?

What? Are you seriously taking the first step toward wishing ill on our program just to get rid of a coach you don't like?
I don’t see this as a negative question at all. He’s just seeking an inquiry into what the worst case scenario would be for CJP. I’m also curious as to what the fatal blow for CJP could be outside of his on the field management.

Let's figure out what it would take to get rid of the schmuck, then manufacture (or in this case wish for) just enough bad stuff to come to light to get that job done?

What? Are you seriously taking the first step toward wishing ill on our program just to get rid of a coach you don't like?

Yes JP. It would be more beneficial to get him out this year than next year when he further digs our grave deeper. We all know Pruitt is a failure at HC. This job is too big for him. Take off the orange glasses.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
I have a feeling Tennessee wont be hit too hard by the NCAA and CJP will be around for another season or two.

I think JP will be here next year. I'm going to hold out hope that all of this was on JG and Covid so next year, with full practice through summer and fall camp with a new QB, this team will look night and day different than the JG lead teams. A man can hope can't he?

Yes JP. It would be more beneficial to get him out this year than next year when he further digs our grave deeper. We all know Pruitt is a failure at HC. This job is too big for him. Take off the orange glasses.
That is entirely possible, Catbone. It is possible that another year won't help a thing, and will actually make the situation a bit worse. True.

On the other hand, changing coaching staffs carries a pretty heavy price. It needs to be worth it.

Getting Bob Stoops, as one example, would be entirely worth it. But hiring anything short of a proven championship winner, hiring a guy with questionable integrity or one who has zero promise of being able to win championships...that's not worth it. Rather than that, I'd just as soon stick with brother Pruitt and see if he can untangle the Gordian Knot he seems to have tied our coaching staff into.

Because regardless of what some here have said, there absolutely is a chance he grows into the job and ends up being a championship-caliber head coach. We can argue over what that chance is, big or small, but the chance exists.

So yeah, short of a home run hire, I'd just as soon let one more year play out. If we're not in Atlanta, or at least serious contention to get there in mid-late November of 2021, then we accept the pain of starting all over again.

Reactions: Border Vol
Pruitt is a pathetic excuse for a coach and that is plenty excuse to fire him and foolmer.We don't need any more investigation . That's already been proven.

Reactions: Border Vol
Agreed, but a lot of people are suggesting it for some reason. A few “reporters” were even saying Tennessee is waiting until this weekend because they’re trying to get Campbell and fire Pruitt for cause. Sling blade is here to stay it seems.

You cant sell a story if you dont have one to sell.

Its being "suggested" in the media because they think Pruitt isnt getting fired without it being something more than minor violations. To date, there is nothing to suggest that it is.

Id be careful trying to "find" cause to get out from under the buyout $.

Reactions: Lexvol
Yes, that's me, you doxed me.

I've been VFL-82-JP for 5 years now, and the JP stands for Jeremy Pruitt. I somehow knew back in 2015 that Butch's decent 2015 and 2016 seasons would turn sour in 2017, that he'd be fired, that Currie would totally botch the new coach search, that Fulmer would be asked to come in and salvage things, and that he'd pick me out of all the possible candidates.

I had great vision back then.
So you knew we would lose to GA St and you still let it happen?????

What kind of monster are you?

So you knew we would lose to GA St and you still let it happen?????

What kind of monster are you?
I regret that every day.

By the way, I'm sorry about the Army game two years from now, too. Oops. Spoiler alert.

Reactions: finn

Calm down Woke Warrior!
You should try Jack Daniels. It’s the help you calm your tits medicine.

VN Store

Back