The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

The problem is he will be recruited over year after year. Same with Pember

I don't think it is a talent problem for him. He needs to add 10 - 15 pounds of muscle, and work to refine his offensive game. Then, I think he will be hard to keep off the floor almost regardless of the talent we recruit.

He’ll be a big time piece for us next year, assuming we lose Fulky & Pons.

EJ isn’t explosive and plays on the court, reminds me of a less offensive Maymon (especially after his injuries). Not sure EJ will be a 10/8 guy though like Maymon was.
Pons, yes Fulky? Probably not.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I had high hopes for Anosike coming in but I’m starting to lose faith. At this point he just seems to be the guy Barnes puts in to muddy up the game whenever we need to rest our post players.

He’s there to play defense and rebound. Otherwise he’s a liability.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've heard others compare him to Maymon, and I personally don't see it. From the first time I watched him, he reminds me of John Fields.
Without the knee injuries, Maymon was a potential NBA talent. Anosike is a sacred Heart level player who is a 6’4” guy who plays the style of a 7” center. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he ever contributes more than 5-5 in the SEC

He's scored more than ON has this year and is a better FT shooter. Plays pretty good defense. He's very vocal, one of the most vocal on the team. He's strong, gets boards, steals, assists. Tonight is one of his sloppiest performances of the year, but I'm with Freak...he has a lot more than what he's showing right now. If the coaches didn't see something in him, he wouldn't be getting as many minutes as he does.

I agree that he gets minutes based on his defense and rebounding. Offensively he is painful to watch.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Good road win against a quality SEC team. The freshmen played well off the bench and we played thru contact and stopped any and every run MIzz attempted.

Limit the turnovers and good shot selection = special season

Reactions: Vols All Day
I think I maybe saw him do that last game or the one before...forget which. Maybe even a couple of times. One was pretty much down the key and the other was a drive baseline for that dunk. Thinking maybe he doesn't trust his dribbling or something to make those drives. Just a guess, but yeah I'd like to see him drive to the basket more.
He heard us. 😂 He showed out tonight

I think I maybe saw him do that last game or the one before...forget which. Maybe even a couple of times. One was pretty much down the key and the other was a drive baseline for that dunk. Thinking maybe he doesn't trust his dribbling or something to make those drives. Just a guess, but yeah I'd like to see him drive to the basket more.

He came out more aggressive in the 2nd half. I like that little high rising jumper he has.

We’ll get our shot at Kansas soon enough (hopefully). Looking forward to that one big time.
We will win that one as well dude. We have good ball movement on offense. The best of defense ranks high in the Nation. The best bench ever at UT. You want more? We got bigs that will throw your junk out! We got freshman off the bench can play at the next level already. Im pumped up for our Vols yall! We have the best team I've ever watched. I can go way back the Erie and Bernie show. Now you have it. The best team UT has ever had is playing now with Tons of Talent! Yvon Pons lead the way of this conversation. I talk he leads the way and talks the Big things will happen with this team. He is a leader and guiding these young guys we have. Dang im pumped up for our team yall. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back