The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I'm 32, and I have officially reached the point that I will fall asleep in late games that I really care about.

I wouldn't worry as this is not Pruitt football, so it is not likely you will need to drink as much in the first half. Hence, you will likely stay awake for the 2nd half and if all goes well have a Victory Beer when it's over which will cause you get up at 2AM. Sort of like an "upper".
Also, if things don't go so well in the first half, you can make a halftime adjustment* and drink more beer. Result is same, you will get up at 2AM.

* halftime adjustments are approved and encouraged for Vol B Ball.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I'm 32, and I have officially reached the point that I will fall asleep in late games that I really care about.
If you need to get sleep because you have to get up tomorrow, I respect that. If you fall asleep cause you let yourself get comfortable and doze, suck it up and do better.

(I'm 54, I have to get up and work, and I'm trying to suck it up and do better.)

Seen any stats on how home court is effecting the referees this season?

Someone used to run numbers on how many fouls got called on each team at home vs. on the road. I think the assumption has always been that crowd noise creates a subconscious penalty/reward in each ref's mind that translates to the whistle.

This season should (sadly) provide some control data for that experiment.
It's actually sedated Ted Valentine.

Reactions: I4Vols

VN Store

Back