The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

They have 4 wins better than our best win, which is an average at best colorado team. I’m not saying that we will lose but we don’t really know how good our team is. I feel like we are good with potential to be great but our schedule has been trash. Three of the teams we played don’t have a single win and USC Upstate lost to a team called southern Wesleyan. Again, we are a good team that is improving but I can’t go as far as saying this shouldn’t be a close game. Mizzou is solid. Maybe better than solid based on who they have beat and how badly they beat them. We are still an unknown. But I think we pull out a close one.

Hmmmmm....after deeper consideration I think we can win by 30.

In all seriousness, I've seen enough to know the potential of this team. After the first two games of getting ourselves acclimated, we've pummeled our opponents. Maybe they don't have the best records, but look at common opponents. I've read the other teams message boards. We pass the eye test to them. They know we are the best opponent they've faced.

Maybe we pull out a close one. Maybe we win by 20. But if we are playing to our capabilities and so is Mizzou, we should still run them out the building.

I'm excited about this matchup. It could be an ugly low scoring game--both teams are coming off a break--but the defensive effort from both teams will be very entertaining...if you like that kind of thing.

If Fulkerson and Pons both are in a slump tonight, we will lose this game. We must be able to score in the paint or at least in transition. Definitely don’t need to rely on the 3-ball. Mizzou is getting out in transition more than they have in the past but the Vols can run too. The key to the game might be to make Mizzou score in the half court which is what I think we’ll see. If they can’t knock down the 3-ball, the Vols might win by double digits.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
If Fulkerson and Pons both are in a slump tonight, we will lose this game. We must be able to score in the paint or at least in transition. Definitely don’t need to rely on the 3-ball. Mizzou is getting out in transition more than they have in the past but the Vols can run too. The key to the game might be to make Mizzou score in the half court which is what I think we’ll see. If they can’t knock down the 3-ball, the Vols might win by double digits.

Fulk and Pons need to have 20 points and around 12-16 rebounds combined IMO. Personally, I would like UT to push the ball in transition whenever they can tonight.

Reactions: feathersax
I think this game comes down to the final possession. Who would be taking our final shot? Mizzou has been battle tested. Could very easily see them winning this game. Hope we can rely on our veterans

Missouri gives up the foul line- foul line extended jumper. Victory Bailey could have a field day in the mid range.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I think this game comes down to the final possession. Who would be taking our final shot? Mizzou has been battle tested. Could very easily see them winning this game. Hope we can rely on our veterans
It definitely could man. My top 3 to take the last shot would be Fulk first, then Vescovi creating for someone(open man) and then Springer creating his own. If it’s not this game there will be a game it comes down to the last offensive possession and it’ll be interesting who’s # CRB calls

Reactions: golfballs
Howdy Volunteers! Been looking forward to this for a while now, my son and I are making a Pizza Hut run just before gametime and will enjoy watching the Vols hopefully win. I think James needs a good game tonight, show some assertiveness and not disappear on the court tonight.

Go Big Orange!

I guess I have a different association with Pizza Hut and runs. Hope you get to watch the entire game from comfortable seating.

HUGE test for the Vols.
1st game against a top 15 opponent
1st game away
1st SEC game
+ 1st time playing in this arena for:
Springer​
Bailey​
Annosike​
Johnson​
That's 37.4 ppg suddenly susceptible to the unknown.

I will be surprised if Tennessee leaves the court with a win. We will be a much better team for having played this game, but most of the advantages tonight lie with Missouri.

Home teams are still winning at a healthy clip. There is much more than crowd noise that plays into home court advantage.

Seen any stats on how home court is effecting the referees this season?

Someone used to run numbers on how many fouls got called on each team at home vs. on the road. I think the assumption has always been that crowd noise creates a subconscious penalty/reward in each ref's mind that translates to the whistle.

This season should (sadly) provide some control data for that experiment.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I'm 32, and I have officially reached the point that I will fall asleep in late games that I really care about.

Don't be. Old age is not for the faint of heart, so you're smart to start practicing for it now.

(when I first read your post I thought, "hey, that's a good idea!")

So many on here are defeatist. I would never want to go into battle with a lot of you. You look for reasons to be disappointed or let down instead of manning up. It's pathetic. This is a very talented team with incredible potential.

So many on here are defeatist. I would never want to go into battle with a lot of you. You look for reasons to be disappointed or let down instead of manning up. It's pathetic. This is a very talented team with incredible potential.

Weird, not really seeing "many" posts on this thread where someone is full of doubt or thinks we're going to lose. Which people are your referring to?

Reactions: Lefteye

VN Store

Back