The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Thanks for the write up, good stuff! Looking forward to this challenge for the Vols. They keep improving as the season goes on. This appears to be a matchup of the only two currently ranked teams in the SEC. It feels nice to be excited for Vol action for a change!

Mizzou is overrated and I'm not sure why this should be a close game. We beat Mizzou by 10 points last year. We lost Bowden, but we are a year more experienced, have added Bailey, two 5 star recruits, and a nice depth piece in Anisoke. Mizzou added....some 3 stars that don't even contribute??

I see a 20+ point win with us holding Mizzou to under 60.

Tennessee 78 - Mizzou 57

Mizzou only shoots 28% from the 3, so if UT gets a decent lead in the 2nd half, I think it would be very difficult for the Tigers to make a comeback....
While this is true, I have a theory that somehow the sight of the TN orange color stimulates the opponent's brains. Teams seem to always break from their averages when playing TN. It applies to football and basketball. It's the darndest thing.

With that said ..Hope TN smokes em

Howdy Volunteers! Been looking forward to this for a while now, my son and I are making a Pizza Hut run just before gametime and will enjoy watching the Vols hopefully win. I think James needs a good game tonight, show some assertiveness and not disappear on the court tonight.

Go Big Orange!

Reactions: HeadVol77
Assuming no Covid issues, the tilt factors might be (on either side) which players pick up two early fouls and which team turns it over more. Lots of D on both sides. That means the way the game gets called is also a heavy impact. Not sure who the ref team is... worst nightmare is playing first game on the road against a conf team like Mizzou and someone like TV Teddy shows up

Reactions: chuckiepoo
While this is true, I have a theory that somehow the sight of the TN orange color stimulates the opponent's brains. Teams seem to always break from their averages when playing TN. It applies to football and basketball. It's the darndest thing.

With that said ..Hope TN smokes em
No kidding, it seems like everything the other team jacks up from 3 goes in against us, it's the darndess thing.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Mizzou is overrated and I'm not sure why this should be a close game. We beat Mizzou by 10 points last year. We lost Bowden, but we are a year more experienced, have added Bailey, two 5 star recruits, and a nice depth piece in Anisoke. Mizzou added....some 3 stars that don't even contribute??

I see a 20+ point win with us holding Mizzou to under 60.

Tennessee 78 - Mizzou 57
They have 4 wins better than our best win, which is an average at best colorado team. I’m not saying that we will lose but we don’t really know how good our team is. I feel like we are good with potential to be great but our schedule has been trash. Three of the teams we played don’t have a single win and USC Upstate lost to a team called southern Wesleyan. Again, we are a good team that is improving but I can’t go as far as saying this shouldn’t be a close game. Mizzou is solid. Maybe better than solid based on who they have beat and how badly they beat them. We are still an unknown. But I think we pull out a close one.

Assuming no Covid issues, the tilt factors might be (on either side) which players pick up two early fouls and which team turns it over more. Lots of D on both sides. That means the way the game gets called is also a heavy impact. Not sure who the ref team is... worst nightmare is playing first game on the road against a conf team like Mizzou and someone like TV Teddy shows up
not like its a home court advantage anymore with these small crowds thanks to covid but yeah the refs can make it that way

not like its a home court advantage anymore with these small crowds thanks to covid but yeah the refs can make it that way
Home teams are still winning at a healthy clip. There is much more than crowd noise that plays into home court advantage. Covid creates a lot of stress on traveling teams for one thing

Mizzou only shoots 28% from the 3, so if UT gets a decent lead in the 2nd half, I think it would be very difficult for the Tigers to make a comeback....

^^^Key to the game right here^^^

If our defense has a weakness it is that we are air tight inside the 3 point line, but we will give up some open looks outside. If they make a low percentage of those shots, Vols by 20.

I see a 68-64 type of game. I will be surprised if Tennessee loses. This will resemble the Colorado game more than anything.

ABOUT MISSOURI

• Missouri is off to a perfect 6-0 start this season and ranked No. 12 in both major polls. The Tigers have claimed early-season victories over then-21st-ranked Oregon, 83-75, and then-sixth-ranked Illinois, 81-78. Mizzou's most recent win was a tight, one-point home affair, as the Tigers took down Bradley, 54-53.
• Fourth-year head coach Cuonzo Martin has Missouri off to its best six-game start since his arrival in Columbia in 2017. Martin's squad returns four of its five regular starters and its top seven scorers from last season, as Mizzou hopes to capitalize on its experience to push forward following back-to-back 15-win seasons.
• Thus far, junior Xavier Pinson has led the way for Missouri in the scoring category, averaging 14.3 points per game, with his two largest scoring outputs coming in those victories over Oregon (22 points) and Illinois (17 points). Pinson has also dished out a team-high 3.7 assists through six games.
• In the frontcourt, Jeremiah Tilmon has shined. The senior from East St. Louis, Illinois, ranks fourth on the team in scoring with 8.2 points per game, and his 7.8 rebounds per game not only leads Mizzou, but ranks eighth in the SEC.
• On the defensive end, Dru Smith has been extremely active, ranking second on the team in blocks (0.7 bpg) and first in steals (1.8 spg). His 1.8 steals per game also ranks sixth in the SEC heading into conference play.
• The University of Missouri offers more than 300 degree programs in 13 academic major divisions, but may be best known for its Missouri School of Journalism. The program was founded in 1908 by Walter Williams as the world's first journalism school.
It's good to see Cuonzo Martin succeed. He's a good coach and a very humble, decent man.

^^^Key to the game right here^^^

If our defense has a weakness it is that we are air tight inside the 3 point line, but we will give up some open looks outside. If they make a low percentage of those shots, Vols by 20.

I am leaning towards a Vols win but by 20? We are capable but this our first road game and it is against the twelfth ranked team in the country. I see us winning by a margin of 7 or 8 points. It would be nice if your prediction becomes reality.

VN Store

Back