The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

It shouldn't and I should be used to it, but it ticks me off when UT football fans act like UT basketball is just some silly distraction until spring practice.

I get it, UT is a football school. Probably always will be, but some of us like the basketball program and want to at least get a Final Four in before we die. And I hate to break it to them, but losing in basketball still stirs up emotion in me, as in I don't like to lose. Losing in football....sorry I barely react now. But losing in basketball....it still hurts. When we lost to Auburn last year twice, it legit ticked me off. When we lost to UK in TBA, I did NOT like it. When it looked like we weren't making the NCAAT, I was not happy. I didn't go overboard with it, but the passion is still here in basketball. And I've had it a long time, even in the Wade Houston, Kevin O'Neil, Buzz Peterson days I had passion and hope even when 8K were showing up to home games.

Agreed big time, started with Green. Suffered through Buzz and then fairweather bandwagon fans show up during Pearl era talking about the basketball program like they know something.

Have been to more games at TBA than Neyland too.

Quiz. What is 14-31?

It’s the combined win-loss record of our opponents. I’m as excited as anyone about BasketVols, but we haven’t been tested yet.

Quiz. What is 14-31?

It’s the combined win-loss record of our opponents. I’m as excited as anyone about BasketVols, but we haven’t been tested yet.

Can only play who is on your schedule, this year more than ever than rings true. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Quiz. What is 14-31?

Colorado was clearly our toughest test, but we got them in game 1 and they had two games under their belt. We shut down their top scorer and won by 9. Our strength of schedule is what it is. It was designed to be much higher, but Covid blew it up. We have beaten the teams we should beat, blown out the teams we should blow out, and all that after suffering thru a bad Covid spell and multiple days away from team activities. We are only going to improve.

I stumbled across this. Single game assist leaders. Dang, Bert balled out.

1 Bill Hann 19 1967–68 Alabama

2 Bert Bertelkamp 16 1979–80 Maryland
Johnny Darden 16 1977–78 Northwestern
Rodney Woods 16 1974–75 Georgia

5 Fred Jenkins 15 1986–87 Georgia

6 Lamonte Turner 14 2019–20 Murray State
LaMarcus Golden 14 1993–94 South Carolina
Rodney Woods 14 1972–73 Auburn

9 Johnny Darden 13 1977–78 Auburn
Johnny Darden 13 1976–77 Xavier
Johnny Darden 13 1976–77 LSU
Rodney Woods 13 1974–75 Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Rodney Woods 13 1974–75 Vermont
Rodney Woods 13 1974–75 Ole Miss
Rodney Woods 13 1974–75 LSU
Rodney Woods 13 1974–75 Ge

Look at that new avi, guys and gals, my new favorite player Jaden Springer. He needs a nickname or does he have one, I don't know about ? I love his game, strength, vision and how he can get in the lane and get a shot, foul or dish, anytime he wants.

Look at that new avi, guys and gals, my new favorite player Jaden Springer. He needs a nickname or does he have one, I don't know about ? I love his game, strength, vision and how he can get in the lane and get a shot, foul or dish, anytime he wants.
I vote “spring bean” 😂 nah seriously, we do need to come up with one.

Quiz. What is 14-31?

Given what's going on, we're probalby lucky to get 6 games in period. It is what it is.

On the bright side we've handed all of them pretty well so I take it as a good sign. If we had barely beaten some of them maybe I'd be a bit more worried.

Damn, my phone was been messed up since around 1 pm, yesterday until just now, apparently, had something to do with that bomb in Nashville. Minor inconvenience for me, prayers for Nashville. Kinda telling as soon as I can use the internet, I post on VN

Reactions: Lankykong

VN Store

Back