'17 NC QB Hendon Hooker (Vol transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Hendon in a heartbeat. Kid can flat play and did not get a shot at VT because Evams dad was boys with Fuentes. Great kid, Dudley product (with Wyman and Page both targets) and has the tools to be a great player.

Legitimate phone recording cover up for next year's recruiting "benefits"?

I like HB don't get me wrong. I just don't think he is not mobile enough for SEC football. Him going through his progressions is great to see.. but he holds the ball like we have Bama's O-Line. sack.
He’s a true freshman. He’s not gonna be Tom Brady out of the gate. Especially with our O line playing underwhelmingly bad

I like HB don't get me wrong. I just don't think he is not mobile enough for SEC football. Him going through his progressions is great to see.. but he holds the ball like we have Bama's O-Line. sack.
You can see the first bit of game time that that isn't true. I think he is afraid to make a mistake now because of our ridiculous rotation system. If he makes a mistake he gets pulled. They are screwing him up doing what they are doing. Corrall turned it over 6 times last week for Ole Miss and he still almost won the game for him because he was making plays, not afraid to get pulled.

Reactions: JacketVol
You can see the first bit of game time that that isn't true. I think he is afraid to make a mistake now because of our ridiculous rotation system. If he makes a mistake he gets pulled. They are screwing him up doing what they are doing. Corrall turned it over 6 times last week for Ole Miss and he still almost won the game for him because he was making plays, not afraid to get pulled.
On screens and shorter routes, he has been timely and great. The longer plays that take time to develop seem to be an issue.. even when he gets it out of his hands the accuracy is off.. unless they are wide open. He is a freshman though, and this could be an issue with receivers getting separation. I am not knocking him again I just believe we need the dual-threat element. We had a QB who ran a 4.36 but now he's just a special teamer who had a huge drop in the Florida game :\.

Definite take. He was really fun to watch in a few games this year.

Yeah this a good player. Surprised he is transferring. I take that to mean he already has a destination lined up to leave a starting job in an offense he is good at running. He could be the deriq king type impact somewhere. Electric with ball in his hands

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back