Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Wallace got played. That article was fed to him and designed to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Pruitt and Freeze. The program is rotten to the core and booster infighting, which in my opinion is the cause of it, is never going to stop. Pruitt might be on his way out but our next coach will be McGoogle. Anyone thinking an Urban Meyer or a Bob Stoops is coming here is delusional.
We like to be delusional for a couple of weeks every 4 years before we have to return to reality. It's all we've got.

Reactions: DMG
Trey Wallace got played. That article was fed to him and designed to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Pruitt and Freeze. The program is rotten to the core and booster infighting, which in my opinion is the cause of it, is never going to stop. Pruitt might be on his way out but our next coach will be McGoogle. Anyone thinking an Urban Meyer or a Bob Stoops is coming here is delusional.
Nobody here thinks we can get Meyer or Stoops, we have been pretty realistic.

Hiring Gus likens to my teenage daughter cleaning up her room. She rearranges clutter, gets rid of some trash, and hides junk in new places. It looks a lot better, at a glance, but it’s only a matter of time before it looks bad again. Only a matter of time..
Oh my gosh - this describes my teenage daughter’s exact cleaning method! 😃 nicely done sir. 👍

Here ya go peeps.

Definition of better the devil you know than the devil you don't know

used to say that it is better to deal with a difficult person or situation one knows than with a new person or situation that could be worse.

So it could be that he supports Pruitt, orrrrrr maybe referring to some kids transferring. But if Pruitt gets support from players he will be back.
orrrrrrr maybe he just finished wrapping up watching church and is quoting something he found interesting from the sermon.

I heard Ainge on state run last week saying hugh freeze wasn't an option because he had "bought" a team whereas Alabama takes care of players after they get there. He said Alabama doesn't pay players to sign, but Hugh did. What a dumba$$

Fast forward a week and our current coach and staff are paying current players and players we didn't even sign. 😂

If yall believe Ainge and his sidekick, lady vol Brian Rice, you're part of the problem.

Whomever we hire, he's got to be a lights out recruiter or have a bunch of them on his staff.
View attachment 332253
Disagree, first and foremost they have to be able to develop, coach and win.. The recruits will come if a staff shows it can do those things..

Ever wonder why all these super recruiters bama has end up not being so super once they move on? A corpse could be recruiter of the year at bama...

Unfortunate reality is that we're still haunted by the same problems that have always prevented us from making big hires. Behind the scenes dysfunction will prevent most big names from wanting to come here. Probably our best realistic choice comes with baggage that I don't believe the university will overlook. So that immediately drops us down to second tier coaches and coordinators. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with this, time and again. I'd like to think Napier is the floor, and therefore probably where we end up just given our history, but I think we're going to end up in the basement. Hopefully it's just my emotions getting the better of me, but I'm expecting a really bad hire.

Is there any point in looking at the specific recruit threads right now?

And I anticipate a long day around here. With Pruitt’s grandfather’s funeral, no way we are so cold hearted as to announce firing him today.

I’m still not 100% that he is gone. I’ve been around long enough to see “insiders” wrong, a lot. Not throwing shade, just saying.

I would fire him today. He deserves nothing with what he’s done to people and this program.

Absolutely. Pruitts players love the guy.
I'm sure they do. Unfortunately, love for the coach doesn't win games or keep the NCAA away. It's a results based business, and his results have been horrendous. And, oh yeah, he's also getting us investigated.

I would fire him today. He deserves nothing with what he’s done to people and this program.
I get the sentiment of not wanting to fire the guy the day of his Papaw’s funeral but he has treated people like sh** and seems like an awful person. Doesn’t really deserve any special treatment regardless of the circumstances. Really disappointed that Fulmer let this happen under his watch. Hopefully he’s gone too.

I'm sure they do. Unfortunately, love for the coach doesn't win games or keep the NCAA away. It's a results based business, and his results have been horrendous. And, oh yeah, he's also getting us investigated.

No argument here. I was just answering your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back