Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sitting here reading you guys wanting Gus posts to all my in-laws...they are literally laughing their ass off at us.
They might be laughing now. They will be crying when they make their hire. Their list is terrible and it cost them $30 million to make that "list". They're a joke right now.

I think the biggest problem would be that they would want to bring a lot of their current staff. None of those assistants have any experience recruiting in a Power 5 conference.
That doesn’t matter. We said the same about butchs initial staff and it was his best one both on field and recruiting. I want the next coach to bring whoever he feels comfortable with.

Hell Pruitt has his high school teaching buddy Todd Watson coaching DL and special teams and y’all are worried about the next guy bringing a staff that they have been to battle with and won???

Freeze and Gus have a similar floor, but I think Freeze would be more passionate about the job and have a higher ceiling at this point in time. That why Freeze should get the money edge

Freeze also isn't jaded yet. I think Gus is. Gus realizes how hard it is to consistently win in the SEC and may just go through the motions at UT. Freeze would bring more passion.

If Freeze wants the job as bad as everyone says, then he's the right hire. I posted that weeks ago when that "rumor" 1st got started. Gus came open a few weeks after that and he has a better resume, that's why I moved him to the top of my list.

1. Success as a SEC head coach
2. WANTS TO BE HERE
3. Beat Saban

Freeze checks these boxes for me
giphy.gif

Pruitt and Mullen took over their programs at the same time, and with virtually identical average star ratings among the players on their current rosters.
people have said that since Botch. they keep getting once every decade QB's, WR's, Safeties, and DL.

Either our talent isnt as good or our coaches suck a phat one.

Amazing. Just a few years ago Florida was tackling each other and pooing their britches. Now they got Bama on the ropes.

This was the year for them to do it, looks like they won't. Mullen ain't a championship coach. But the reason I wanted him so bad is he is a very good one that could of brought UT to the level that UF is atm. Exactly what we needed, that high level stability for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back