Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at those 2 offenses. You’ve got to bring in someone that can put up points. Ancient offensive philosophies don’t work anymore.

It’s strange, and I still can’t believe we would actually do it (especially under the circumstances), but there seems to be a lot of belief in a lot of different circles around the league that we’re at least considering Hugh Freeze. I’m guessing it’s just Sexton-fed info, but still...

I 100% agree with this. We can't look for a coach to win us a NC when we can't even stay above .500 on a regular basis. We are losing to Vandy, UK, SC, Mizzu and that's just in of division. Not counting teams from the west that have been "taking a bite out of our ass" on the regular. Let's not even talk about OOC games like GA St or BYU....

Stoops- Would never happen but make the call just to tell him merry Christmas
Freeze- Everyone think he'll have us on probation. Guess what, teams on probation go 3-7, 5-7, 4-8. We are actually so bad we can take this risk unlike Auburn.
Malzhan- see the opening to this post. Is he going to win us a natty. No. Is he a stabilizer when we need one? Yes.
Napier- I think he has to be the floor. There maybe other coaches I left put above but Napier has to be the floor.

Do not hire:
Franklin, Obrien, Chadwell...

But first we need to fire CJP.... Where are we at with this guys/gals?
We are worse than on probation now!

Reactions: Skizer41
I think the biggest problem would be that they would want to bring a lot of their current staff. None of those assistants have any experience recruiting in a Power 5 conference.
Napier’s staff has a lot of P5 experience iirc.

It’s a big concern with Chadwell, but his OC played at Clemson so I think that would help. I think you definitely have to get an SEC guy as his DC.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
You guys do know we’re not getting one of our top candidates right? Only a few guys would come into this sh!t show. So many things wrong with UT football. The media in Knoxville is garbage and you have boosters pulling in different directions. It’s a Fd up gig right now.
End up with Gus and fire him mid year four after going 5-7...5-7...6-6...3-6..

Reactions: SLICKYINC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back