Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see the wheels fall off our football program, but fear that's what's about to happen.
Too late for that. Wheels fell off a decade ago. Axles, transmissions, engine as well. We are really left where only the water pump and windshield wiper blades are left to fall off now.

Reactions: franklinpence
UF won the East back to back years averaging 23 ppg with Austin Appleby and Treon Harris. You can still do well, even very well, with a great defense. But you have to actually have a great defense...Nebraska and we do not.

Nobody with great defenses are winning this year. Or last year. I think it's just a new era we're in

UF won the East back to back years averaging 23 ppg with Austin Appleby and Treon Harris. You can still do well, even very well, with a great defense. But you have to actually have a great defense...Nebraska and we do not.
That was then. The league isn’t the same now. If you’re not averaging 35 ppg you have no shot

Oh yeah I would hate y'all for spoiling Mandolorian but my phone already did earlier today. So off the hook lol

Reactions: Devo182
Nobody with great defenses are winning this year. Or last year. I think it's just a new era we're in

The original point was you'll be bad without a legit QB, no matter what else you do. There's a big gap between being bad and winning the division. You can still be very good with a great defense.

But...I mostly agree, though this year is largely overblown, as most offenses are having a field day with prep-limited defenses. Offenses across the board are doing abnormally well. Not to say offenses aren't running things these days, but 2015-2016 is just a few years removed.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
Fellas/Lady Fellas I’m starting to think we are going to end up rolling with Pruitt next season. I need y’all to bring me back.

Reactions: ugg
Big fan! I may very well be wrong and too easily influenced by YouTube videos...but I think he’s next level brilliant and simply needs a stage. With our luck, he’ll display it for someone else. He calls plays tomorrow, and the offense will save Pruitt’s job. So maybe I can use that cliche “hope I’m wrong”?
I hope he gets the chance to really coach the offense tomorrow. I really think he's a keeper, too!

Reactions: butchna
Man, Barnes has created a monster! Hopefully we stay healthy & get the chance to ball all season. Think this team is deep enough to be a deep tournament team.
This is a team that plays together and seems to want to win together, no matter who's playing! No one seems focused on NBA - just on playing Vol basketball and winning.

edit: and they all seem to love playing defense!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go back and read AV's post again. I took it as he is fed up with the situation of lack of cooperation to get a better coach, and players are protesting by not playing tomorrow.

It’s amazing that the spread is widely used, honestly. That offense only works with good QB play. It’s been proven time and again.
How so? Spread and running the ball works great too. Shoot, many spread teams rely on the run game, such as the Briles offense. Just get men out of box with your personnel and spacing choosing and there is a lot more space for running. And with fewer blockers, the math works out better on blown run blocks.

Reactions: StoVol
I'm going to have to go back and read AV's post again. I took it as he is fed up with the situation of lack of cooperation to get a better coach, and players are protesting by not playing tomorrow.

Being a message on a message board its really hard sometimes to know what someone's intention are in a message but I took it that he can't talk about the Coaching situation cause its on going and then the thing about the players was a non related topic but yet proof CP has lost his team.

That was then. The league isn’t the same now. If you’re not averaging 35 ppg you have no shot
The point initially made was without a legit QB, nothing else matters, you'll just be bad. I disagree. We won 8 games last year and yet 3 this year. The major difference is we gave up 20 ppg last year and 30 this year. Just seems like an excuse for teams that have bad QBs AND bad defenses. If Nebraska or we were giving up under 20 ppg, we'd be winning plenty.

The offensive takeover has been a slow transition over the past 20 years, but it's a bit overblown right now. 9 SEC teams averaged over 30 ppg in 2016 when UF was averaging 24 and won the East.

Last year and this year combined 10 teams averaged over 30.

The league didn't change that much in 4 years. The point is defense still matters a lot and you can still be good without a top league QB.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
You guys will enjoy this one, from a VQ poster...

i have lots of bama info but have never had tennesee info so tifwiw. a close family member of mine is a well known business owner in knoxville and a big bama booster. you're ass has probably sat in something he sold. I was texted this a couple hours ago:

Peyton Manning is working behind the scenes to get Hugh Freeze to TN. [Family member] told me he saw Lance Thompson at lunch and Lance told him that it was 50/50 that will happen monday.

Blah blah im full of ****. . just sharing information. its legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back