I was wrong about Dan Mullen...

For any Vol fans critical of Mullen after last night, I would take his 8-2 record a hundred times out of a hundred over the unadulterated sh*t show Tennessee has been this year. And Mullen will have a better record in 2021, too.

For any Vol fans critical of Mullen after last night, I would take his 8-2 record a hundred times out of a hundred over the unadulterated sh*t show Tennessee has been this year. And Mullen will have a better record in 2021, too.

Well, dumb people gonna dumb. How many threads have we had asking whether Kirby Smart has hit his ceiling after Georgia was in the CFP?

Well, dumb people gonna dumb. How many threads have we had asking whether Kirby Smart has hit his ceiling after Georgia was in the CFP?
I don’t know the answer to your question. Also, I don’t understand how your comment relates to what I said.

Kirby only got there because Georgia had help
LSU needs to be just good enough to beat Bama and Georgia has a much better chance.

Mullen had a great season but will need to take the next step and clean up a few things and he’ll get a championship at some point.

I don’t think Fulmer would recruit nearly as well today as he did in the nineties. Georgia, Clemson and Bama have taken back their fertile recruiting stomping grounds.

That’s true but chances are we’d have better things to sell which always helped Fulmer. If your not winning its hard to sell anything

That’s true but chances are we’d have better things to sell which always helped Fulmer. If your not winning its hard to sell anything

He was already guilty of being lazy on the recruiting trail his final years of being the HC.

I don’t think he would have the fire & passion to do so.

well, he deserves the criticism. he handled that very poorly.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
I think the jury is still out on Mullins, he picked Franks over Trask until Franks was injured. He was very good atMSST with Dak
Butchs record with Dobes was pretty good too
Next year he could be the next Saban, or Malzan

I think the jury is still out on Mullins, he picked Franks over Trask until Franks was injured. He was very good atMSST with Dak
Butchs record with Dobes was pretty good too
Next year he could be the next Saban, or Malzan

Dak’s offer list included powerhouses like McNeese State and North Texas. LSU recruited him as a TE. So “Mullins” did a decent job of developing him into an NFL starter, but not before having Mississippi State ranked #1 for four weeks in November.

Franks was hot garbage until “Mullins” came along. If you want to criticize him for not knowing what he had in Trask, be my guest. The biggest criticism of Trask is he’s “no longer Heisman worthy”, which considering his journey is quite the compliment.

But after all that let’s reserve judgment on “Mullins” until we see just how badly he loses to Bama tomorrow. 😂

Dak’s offer list included powerhouses like McNeese State and North Texas. LSU recruited him as a TE. So “Mullins” did a decent job of developing him into an NFL starter, but not before having Mississippi State ranked #1 for four weeks in November.

Franks was hot garbage until “Mullins” came along. If you want to criticize him for not knowing what he had in Trask, be my guest. The biggest criticism of Trask is he’s “no longer Heisman worthy”, which considering his journey is quite the compliment.

But after all that let’s reserve judgment on “Mullins” until we see just how badly he loses to Bama tomorrow. 😂
Looks like I came off wrong.
Mullins is a good coach, the question (jury’s out) is whether he’s another Saban (annual high performance) or Malzan (NC winning coach but needs a special player to get the golden ring)
I still have the jury out on Dabo, mind you a “championship season” with some one other than Trevor will put him there

Looks like I came off wrong.
Mullins is a good coach, the question (jury’s out) is whether he’s another Saban (annual high performance) or Malzan (NC winning coach but needs a special player to get the golden ring)
I still have the jury out on Dabo, mind you a “championship season” with some one other than Trevor will put him there

No worries.

I posted earlier that Mullen is in uncharted waters as a head coach, playing for his first conference title.

Spurrier never got it right the first time (first trip to Neyland as UF’s coach, first SEC title game in 1992, first national title game against Nebraska).

I expect this weekend will provide a similar teachable moment in Mullen’s development as a head coach. Good news is rivals hate our coach again, and his name is being mentioned as a potential NFL hire.

Time will tell if he’s “elite” or not, but he’s on schedule for us all to find out.

Reactions: Wireless1
Originally, I thought he was overrated at MSU.

He wasn’t on my list of coaches that could replace Butch. Absolutely hated the idea.

Developing Kyle Trask into an elite SEC QB is truly remarkable and that comes with good coaching.

I still think he’s an arrogant prick but the man is doing a great job at Florida.

I have to give credit where it’s due.

This didn’t age well

Stick with what works for you. Ruining “Girls of…” threads with mutant pics.

Yep, I’m sure it feels good to win the argument, yet go winless against the guy we’re arguing about. 😂

Those aren't mutually exclusive. We hired a worse coach. But, Dan Mullen was never going to recruit well enough at UT. @golfballs had it correct early in this thread- he was never overrated, but what was his ceiling? Not a championship head coach.

Reactions: butchna
If he had been our coach we wouldn’t have won any more.

I always thought he was a better fit at UF than UT, but not giving a damn about recruiting or waiting too long to hold Grantham accountable, he would have ultimately failed wherever he landed.

The dude just checked out after the Alabama game, kinda like Meyer did in 2010.

VN Store

Back