Deer Lord

A few folks making this logical error: "OP doesn't agree with me about wanting Freeze/Kiffin, therefore he is a die-hard Pruitt supporter."

Wrong.

I'm concerned about Pruitt. He doesn't seem the right guy at this point. That said, I haven't totally reached the conclusion that he can't take us to championships. I do think 2021 is his last chance to prove himself.

But one thing I know for sure: getting rid of him only to take another coach who will come up short (a la Kiffin at USC or Freeze at Ole Miss), that's not worth the pain of the switch.

The ONLY people I'd be willing to make a change for at this moment are Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, or another proven champion such as them.

And the repeated cries for second-tier alternatives, as if they've ever won anything of note, seem endless. So...a prayer. Heh.

Let this be my one Deer Lord football prayer for the year:

Please Deer Lord let Auburn hire Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin both. One as Head Coach, the other as Coordinator. Or one as Athletic Director and the other as Chancellor. I don't care. Just please Deer Lord see it in your most gracious heart to have Auburn soak up both those losers like kitty litter going after pee.

In this way, we could be spared from more pages and pages of people wanting one or both of them.

Amen

View attachment 330200

Auburn will at least be winning next year while we would be still losing and wanting our coach to be fired.

Auburn will at least be winning next year while we would be still losing and wanting our coach to be fired.
I have no doubt.

I have no doubt that a very vocal group here will be wanting our coach to be fired next year. Even if we go 10-2. Someone will say, "he's still just 1-2 against the Big 3 rivals, fahr him!" and off the threads will go. It's the damnedest thing.

So, sure. Folks will be wanting our coach to be fired. But I sure am hoping that he turns it around and gets us to the top of the East at least, next year. Aren't you?

I have no doubt.

I have no doubt that plenty here will be wanting our coach to be fired next year. Even if we go 10-2. It's the damnedest thing, but we've seen it happen. Yes, in our very own program even.

So, sure. Folks will be wanting our coach to be fired. But I sure am hoping that he turns it around and gets us to the top of the East at least, next year. Aren't you?

I'm not sure he can, he's having a high assistant coaches turnover. Especially for 3 years. Usually a very bad sign.

I'm not sure he can, he's having a high assistant coaches turnover. Especially for 3 years. Usually a very bad sign.
But don't you want him to? Whether it turns out he can or not, don't you WANT us to win championships with him?

A few folks making this logical error: "OP doesn't agree with me about wanting Freeze/Kiffin, therefore he is a die-hard Pruitt supporter."

Wrong.

I'm concerned about Pruitt. He doesn't seem the right guy at this point. That said, I haven't totally reached the conclusion that he can't take us to championships. I do think 2021 is his last chance to prove himself.

But one thing I know for sure: getting rid of him only to take another coach who will come up short (a la Kiffin at USC or Freeze at Ole Miss), that's not worth the pain of the switch.

The ONLY people I'd be willing to make a change for at this moment are Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, or another proven champion such as them.

And the repeated cries for second-tier alternatives, as if they've ever won anything of note, seem endless. So...a prayer. Heh.
So if on a scale of 1-10 your coach is a 1 , you’d only change him for a 10.
Going from 1 to 7 wouldn’t be worth it?
Wow you’re really a genius there huh?

Reactions: preacherwebb
You have a better shot at winning the lottery than Pruitt has at going 10-2 next year. Good lord. You coach worshipers kill me. It was a bad hire, it’s time to end it and get a real head coach not a defensive coordinator. Could use a real AD while we’re at it.

So if on a scale of 1-10 your coach is a 1 , you’d only change him for a 10.
Going from 1 to 7 wouldn’t be worth it?
Wow you’re really a genius there huh?
I never said I thought Pruitt was a 1. You said that.

I think Pruitt remains a bit of an unknown. It _looks_ like he might be a low number ... but it's not yet conclusive. In my opinion, it's worth giving him one more year, to be sure. That's how painful it is to start all over (short of a known champion).

What were you saying about genius?

Please Deer Lord let Auburn hire Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin both. One as Head Coach, the other as Coordinator. Or one as Athletic Director and the other as Chancellor. I don't care. Just please Deer Lord see it in your most gracious heart to have Auburn soak up both those losers like kitty litter going after pee.

In this way, we could be spared from more pages and pages of people wanting one or both of them.

Amen

View attachment 330200
blinkgif.gif

Reactions: preacherwebb

Amen

View attachment 330200
what in the sweet sweet flying ****?

Amen

View attachment 330200

Seemed like a good place for this:
1607915740719.jpeg

Freeze is a great coach, but there's no chance that Fulmer would hire him. Which is why this is all a pipe dream. He's the new Gruden, now that the old Gruden has been sullied by actually coaching, and proving that he isn't some sort of football God.

I have no doubt.

I have no doubt that a very vocal group here will be wanting our coach to be fired next year. Even if we go 10-2. Someone will say, "he's still just 1-2 against the Big 3 rivals, fahr him!" and off the threads will go. It's the damnedest thing.

The hope of him winning 10 games much less 6 games next year is a pipe dream buddy our offense is archaic and the defense is average to below average and the teams around us in the SEC are only going to get better. I just do not understand this perspective at all

Reactions: JVol76
Meyer MIGHT coach again but I'm convinced he'll not come back to the SEC for any amount of money. I think Meyer MIGHT want to try to win a Natty with the PAC 12, that is.... USC, to cement a legacy of having a Natty from 3 conferences.

I think TN could rob Ft Knox and offer it and Meyer's agent wouldn't even return our call.

Stoops seems bored with the whole notion of football and serious coaching. While I don't know if we could tempt him with the "challenge" of turning around UT and he's never been an SEC head coach and MIGHT have that ambition, I wonder about his recruiting chops since his heyday was well before the kids he'd be recruiting were born. Lincoln Riley, they know....... Bob Stoops might as well be Bear Bryant to young'uns.

Amen

View attachment 330200
Kiss our collective asses

Wrong.

Wait ... you want Urban or Stoops (total pipe dreams equivalent to Gruden) and you want us to shut up about coaches that we might could actually hire?

Z38J5aN.gif

Truly don’t understand some of our fans/trolls being okay with 3 wins in year 3 of a HC tenure because they are afraid of the alternative. New flash people we are already at the bottom with what we have why continue with the same, it’s mind numblingly stupid atp
What is the new guy gonna do? Get us prison pounded by Kentucky or something 😂😂

Does anybody like dear meat?

PS I wish we could get Kiffin back. At least, I would not fall asleep watching a boring offense.

Amen

View attachment 330200
You have no brains!!

Wrong.

You do realize there is an ENORMOUS chasm of ability between Slingblade and Meyer, Stoops, etc? In that region are coaches like Freeze. Is he an Urban Meyer? No. But I bet he can coach well and develop kids, and make a freaking QB decision in under 2 1/2 years of watching a kid struggle to perform at the SEC level.

VN Store

Back