'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

I am not a college coach but my sons high school team has played Hardin county every year. Wolfe to the best of recollection has had zero receptions. Granted he was out this year but never understood the rating. Not to be negative about an 18 year young man but watching him play against us from
7th grade through his junior year just never stood out as a blocker or receiver. The Pope kid from HC gets your attention on the field and looks next level. Not sure Wolfe would have had the impact you would expect from a 4 star.

Pretty much any player that doesn’t want to come here, we have perfect excuses for why we didn’t want them.... woman beater, back surgery, Kirby cheats, bad character kid, Auburn bagmen, making room for super secret recruit that never shows up, overrated, etc, etc. Then our guys are all diamonds in the rough, would have been rated higher if they committed to the gumps, best in the sec, future 1st round draft picks. It’s amazing to watch.

Reactions: GVol1966
Pretty much any player that doesn’t want to come here, we have perfect excuses for why we didn’t want them.... woman beater, back surgery, Kirby cheats, bad character kid, Auburn bagmen, making room for super secret recruit that never shows up, overrated, etc, etc. Then our guys are all diamonds in the rough, would have been rated higher if they committed to the gumps, best in the sec, future 1st round draft picks. It’s amazing to watch.
Go back through this thread from early on and you’ll see that not everyone was enamored with the guy. Since I’m being totally honest, I’m glad he won’t be here because he never really wanted to be anyway.

Reactions: shane80
Go back through this thread from early on and you’ll see that not everyone was enamored with the guy. Since I’m being totally honest, I’m glad he won’t be here because he never really wanted to be anyway.

Care to clarify why you keep saying he never wanted to be here? Too lazy to dig back through the thread so apologies if you addressed it earlier.

Assuming he wanted to be a Gump originally?

Wolfe came down to OSU and TN when he committed to TN earlier. Looks like OSU wouldn't take his commitment now (probably due to his back problems).

Reactions: jakez4ut
Wolfe came down to OSU and TN when he committed to TN earlier. Looks like OSU wouldn't take his commitment now (probably due to his back problems).
I know it’s pile on Pruitt season but possible we said no for the same reason?...

Wolfe just drifted away from the Vols after having early season ending surgery. He made it over to Ole Miss for games under the radar and by the time he told Tennessee of his plans to de-commit, there wasn’t much the Vols could do. The Vols have Trinity Bell and Miles Campbellcommitted so on the field the loss of Wolfe isn’t a big one. His loss hurts because of perception and the perception out there is Tennessee is taking on water in recruiting right now.
-VQ

I can’t believe we’re just going to let this flaming dumpster fire continue to burn uncontrolled. Losing top-ranked commits to other programs that aren’t even that impressive.

If Skoal can isn’t fired at the end of this year, we might as well pack it in for the next decade because we’ll just be repeating our past mistakes of keeping coaches after we already know they’re dead in the water.

Reactions: PA Vol
I can’t believe we’re just going to let this flaming dumpster fire continue to burn uncontrolled. Losing top-ranked commits to other programs that aren’t even that impressive.

If Skoal can isn’t fired at the end of this year, we might as well pack it in for the next decade because we’ll just be repeating our past mistakes of keeping coaches after we already know they’re dead in the water.
we had one losing season in a Pandemic. yes its hard to take on the chin but, it isnt THAT bad man. Dumpster fire is Vandy or SC.

The dumpster has had kerosene dumped on it. Necks yurr if we are anything less than 7 wins, then its full on burning.

VN Store

Back