How we have fallen.

IncognitoVawl

People can blame whatever they want. But how sad this is that we are hanging on a game against Vandy. I went to my first game in Neyland in 1983. My dad, a Bammer, got the family season tickets 8n 1984. From then to 2006 we kept tickets and only missed 4 home games in that time. Imagine the football we lived to see in that time frame. Now, I sit back and admire ANY young diehard Vol fan. You have never been awarded for your Fandom. I emplore the money people in charge, and anyone who knows the inner workings knows its not Phil, to do whatever it takes to salvage the powerhouse I grew up with. This is the last moment.....you either fix it, or we finally die as a program. The same old same old is not going to work.
Sorry to rant but I don't have any social media. Haha

Reactions: finn and CA_Vol
Think about this....The girl kicker is continuing for Vandy. Basilio is hearing that they are having players drop out and the locker room is a mess at Vandy. What if we get canceled again? So you finish getting thrashed by UF and A&M with coaches in a 3rd year and 2-7 with a 7 game losing streak. People still accept that?

my standard for knowing how far we have fallen is when we talk about having a chance to beat teams when they are bad, not because we are good. When you are constantly trying to determine how good your opponent is and celebrating how bad they are...you aren't any good. I remember looking forward to the good teams because we knew we were better. We have fallen.

Coach, what is your head full of?

cornhead99-gif.327032

my standard for knowing how far we have fallen is when we talk about having a chance to beat teams when they are bad, not because we are good. When you are constantly trying to determine how good your opponent is and celebrating how bad they are...you aren't any good. I remember looking forward to the good teams because we knew we were better. We have fallen.
I remember the 1990 ND @ Neyland game. Man the talent that was on that field. We didn't win but we had a shot going in. But I 100% thought we could win even with what ND had on that team.

And then it's a real kick in the teeth when you lose to teams perceived to be bad, like Georgia State.

Been a Vol fan since the 70's. Been thru some bad stretches with the FB program but never seen anything like the last 12-15 yrs. One bad HC hire after another toped off with bad AD hires. Beginning to seriously wonder if the FB program will ever be anything more than just a middle to lower tier SEC team. Very sad.

Been a Vol fan since the 70's. Been thru some bad stretches with the FB program but never seen anything like the last 12-15 yrs. One bad HC hire after another toped off with bad AD hires. Beginning to seriously wonder if the FB program will ever be anything more than just a middle to lower tier SEC team. Very sad.
Its like a family member is dying in this house.

I know fewer UT fans, and even alumni, who still care every year. They just don't care anymore. I'm about there. My time is too valuable to me to waste on this mess. Right now I'm looking for a dentist who works weekends so I can schedule root canals the next three Saturdays. I don't need a root canal, but it sounds like more fun than watching UT.

Pruitt has completely sucked any enjoyment out of this program with his brand of football.

At least with Jones, Dooley, and Kiffin you felt the team had a punchers chance with decent to great offenses.

With Pruitt, they haven't done anything very well in 3 years and everyone knew going in that Bama, Georgia, and Florida were all likely losses barring miracles.

Reactions: IncognitoVawl
It really makes you wonder what the latest generation of fans is actually thinking. What are they cheering for?

I've been an avid fan since the mid-80's, was at UT from 91-95, then religiously watched/followed UT regardless of where I might be living. I found out UT won their Natty from a USA Today in Morocco 4 days after the game. It wasn't always easy to be a fan in the days before reliable internet but that was my fault not UT's. The team was always something to be proud of. We weren't Alabama under Saban but admitting you were a Vols fan did not elicit sympathy and pats on the back.

UT has been a train wreck for almost 20yrs now. There have been glimmers of hope but the bad has outweighed the good. I'm not sure if we've hit a new low this season or if my ability to hope for better days has finally run dry. All of the above is coming from a guy that got to bask in the 'modern era' glory days of UT football.

What is endearing the next generation of UT fans to the program? If those of us that witnessed the glory days are losing patience, what about the 22yr old UT grad who has only known the Big Orange dumpster fire?

I'll always care about UT football. I just seem to care less and less with each year. This year has been particularly tough since I was dumb enough to think we might finally be heading the right direction. Ooops.....

Can’t believe we haven’t won’t a SEC title in 22 years. My dad used to joke about Ole Miss not winning one since 1964 or something now I know how they feel cause it may reach 40 or 50 years before we win our next one if ever. When I was 21 back 1998 after we won the national title I thought we would win one every other year and be a perineal top 5 and top 10 team.

Can’t believe we haven’t won’t a SEC title in 22 years. My dad used to joke about Ole Miss not winning one since 1964 or something now I know how they feel cause it may reach 40 or 50 years before we win our next one if ever. When I was 21 back 1998 after we won the national title I thought we would win one every other year and be a perineal top 5 and top 10 team.
It's not so much the fact that we haven't it's the fact that the ideal of us even being considered for one since 2007 would be something that was just unthinkable it's unreal.

It's not so much the fact that we haven't it's the fact that the ideal of us even being considered for one since 2007 would be something that was just unthinkable it's unreal.
I know it’s just sad at this point. Rival fans don’t hate us or even make fun of us anymore they just pity us and that’s the worst. I used to look forward to Tennessee football every offseason couldn’t wait for it now I dread it.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
It really makes you wonder what the latest generation of fans is actually thinking. What are they cheering for?

I've been an avid fan since the mid-80's, was at UT from 91-95, then religiously watched/followed UT regardless of where I might be living. I found out UT won their Natty from a USA Today in Morocco 4 days after the game. It wasn't always easy to be a fan in the days before reliable internet but that was my fault not UT's. The team was always something to be proud of. We weren't Alabama under Saban but admitting you were a Vols fan did not elicit sympathy and pats on the back.

UT has been a train wreck for almost 20yrs now. There have been glimmers of hope but the bad has outweighed the good. I'm not sure if we've hit a new low this season or if my ability to hope for better days has finally run dry. All of the above is coming from a guy that got to bask in the 'modern era' glory days of UT football.

What is endearing the next generation of UT fans to the program? If those of us that witnessed the glory days are losing patience, what about the 22yr old UT grad who has only known the Big Orange dumpster fire?

I'll always care about UT football. I just seem to care less and less with each year. This year has been particularly tough since I was dumb enough to think we might finally be heading the right direction. Ooops.....
When Phil declares "Vols are back" and then some crap about "biting asses".....that doesn't help expectations

VN Store

Back