Why is the Vandy game off?

JayHud

I know it doesn’t really matter with the way this season is going but just curious why it isn’t being played. Vandy is saying that Saturday is their last game and the SEC doesn’t have a makeup date for it listed anywhere. Just wondering if anybody knows what the reasoning is?

I know it doesn’t really matter with the way this season is going but just curious why it isn’t being played. Vandy is saying that Saturday is their last game and the SEC doesn’t have a makeup date for it listed anywhere. Just wondering if anybody knows what the reasoning is?
It’s not off. It’s rescheduled to allow all teams a chance to play 10 games.

I read that it has been said we'll play A&M on the 12th and Vandy on the 19th or it could be cancelled. Why was our game with Vandy cancelled this weekend so they could play Mizzou then? It was said the SEC did it so Mizzou and all schools could play 10 games. Makes no sense.

I know that was the reason for not playing this weekend but some people around Nashville are saying that Saturdays game with Georgia will be their last. Don’t see how the SEC will allow this but if they really dont want to play they will just say they have too many positive test.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I read that it has been said we'll play A&M on the 12th and Vandy on the 19th or it could be cancelled. Why was our game with Vandy cancelled this weekend so they could play Mizzou then? It was said the SEC did it so Mizzou and all schools could play 10 games. Makes no sense.

They prioritized Vandy vs Mizzou because (even though highly unlikely) Mizzou can still technically win the east.

I just checked our schedule. And it shows that the A&M game is our last game also.

Attachments

• FB463483-DA77-4B88-83B4-10FC7C01814F.png
    FB463483-DA77-4B88-83B4-10FC7C01814F.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 43

It isn't off. We should have a revised schedule released by the SEC tomorrow that will have Vanderbilt-Tennessee on December 12th and Tennessee-Texas A&M on the 19th.

Vandy-Missouri was not moved up because of an impact on the SEC East, it was moved because of Arkansas having to cancel its game with Missouri this past weekend. The only way to ensure that game would eventually be played was to let Vandy go ahead and play Missouri and bump back the Mizzou-Arkansas came a couple of weeks. They would like to have all division games wrapped up by the 12th.

fulmer said on vol calls that we would play vandy dec 12, sec hasn’t finalized it which is why we dont see it on any websites

Reactions: feathersax
We are who we think we are and evidently we are deemed to be the same way by the TV networks .....irrelevant.

We are on CBS vs UF. That's pretty dang relevant for a team that put that network in a pickle midway thru the 2nd quarter. Those commentators will earn every penny trying to keep viewers around for the whole massacre.

VN Store

Back