What would be the reaction if they went this route?

I remember when kiffin left he was going to take the job but Hamilton woudn't let him bring his assistantes

Many of Cuts assistants had been at Tennessee before and were completely useless. Roper has been fired everywhere he’s been. Luke isn’t anything special. Those were the 2 that come to mind.

Reactions: 08Vol
UT should have hired Cutt when they had the opportunity. But nooooo, they wanted to dictate who he could bring in. I assure you he would field a competitive team with discipline and 9 + wins per year . 9 looks damn good these days. Lastly with Cutt as HC Arch Manning would be in play. :cool:

Cutcliffe’s health hasn’t been the greatest and stress isn’t good for his heart. I’d hate to see Tennessee football be what puts him into the grave.

I always look at that decision by Hamilton as a turning point for our program. If Cut had come here, he’d likely still be our coach and we would probably be in the Top 25 nearly every season.
Woulda been a great pick then, but not now.

Reactions: Zues1
Somewhere along the way I would imagine Cutcliffe got tired of carrying the water for Fulmer.

Doubt he would consider bailing Phil out again.

He is in a good spot with little pressure at Duke and had to pass on ND awhile back due to health issues.

UT should have hired Cutt when they had the opportunity. But nooooo, they wanted to dictate who he could bring in. I assure you he would field a competitive team with discipline and 9 + wins per year . 9 looks damn good these days. Lastly with Cutt as HC Arch Manning would be in play. :cool:

No, Manning was leaning to Old Miss and not interested in Tennessee

No, Manning was leaning to Old Miss and not interested in Tennessee
Which year are you talking about? Manning was leaning to Ole Miss? Which Manning? Eli? He signed with them in 1999. This doesn't make any sense. Eli was always headed to either Ole Miss or Virginia (where he had a lot of friends). He would have still gone to Ole Miss if Tuberville had stayed. That was fine with us at the time, because we had a commitment from Chris Simms (until mid-January).

We need someone younger, proven, and with energy and fire.
Matt Campbell, Freeze, and even the old Vandy guy at Penn St come to mind

Yep. Get away from the old geezers like 69-year old NIck Saban... who needs these old antiques.
(Not that I don't agree with you, by-the-way)

Reactions: vol66
They don’t even touch on the #1 reason to hire him.

QB. What’s everybody complaining about at UT right now? How many has he put in the NFL...from Duke for crying out loud.

People say you want to a hire a proven head coach, well he is one.

Of course, he has it made there, I get the impression he likes his life and he knows exactly what kind of mess we have in Knoxville.

And when he got nothing more from JG then what? Another buyout and coach?

So the best reason this guy gives for hiring Cutcliffe is he MIGHT get little manning here...

Pass

VN Store

Back