Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll go with you on this for the sake of the discussion. Let’s say Pruitt is back next season.

What changes need to be made over the offseason? Where is the floor regarding wins next year?
Find a QB
Fix LB
Find 2 transfer pass rushers
Replace Friend, Weinke, Neids, Felton

Win 8 games minimum.

My guess is Ansley will be a candidate for head coaching jobs and NFL coordinator jobs as well. So, if he sees the writing on the wall, he’s going to get out while he can.

But otherwise, yeah, Neids and Felton have been totally disappointing. They are also the lowest paid assistants on staff so you can fire them pretty easily. Neids will find a job out west.

Pruitt wants Bo Davis as his DL coach and has for the last two years. We’ll see if he finally gets him.

Weinke has to be replaced, and I know for a fact he was looking for jobs after Pruitt’s first season. He, Helton and Pruitt were at each other’s throats all year. It appears they must have worked it out, but he’s almost guaranteed to be gone.

Will Friend is trash - but he was Pruitt’s first hire and his best friend. I am supremely skeptical Pruitt would fire him.
Bet he will be forced to fire Friend

Reactions: Deebowbear
Listen up. You are the one who is constantly griping and whining about our current coach, staff, program and AD. Over and over. I am not happy at all with how this season has gone.
I will never accept mediocrity in anything in life. So don't project your feelings to me. You don't know me, at all.
I am a long time donor, (although not in AVs league but know those who are, and beyond), vol fan of 50 years, UT grad, who understands the reality of our situation this year. You and your little band of keyboard warriors do not. You think that if you get one here and like places and continually say the same things over and over that someone will notice and do what you think ought to be done. As though you and yours actually know how to run a power 5 football program. You need to feel better about yourself Kport. Find something to do that actually is productive. You obviously have the time on your hands given how much time you spend here saying the same things over and over I choose to focus on the things in life that I actually have some control over and make sure they are anything but mediocre. Perhaps you should do the same and see how you feel about yourself.
I have seen the peaks and valleys of our beloved football program since Doug Dickey was our coach. We have been in the valley for way too long. But the hill to climb is shorter if this HC and his AD succeeds vs starting over again. So lets try to keep the recruits that want to be part of the revival of a great and storied program. There will be plenty of time to bellyache later.

We suck, program is a dumpster fire. Thanks for the long speech but it went in one and out the other. Enjoy mediocrity

I think Graham and Tee are the only safe ones for sure on the staff if Pruitt stays or not.

Assuming Pruitt stays, I think the SCjr cast off scenario is more than probable. Briles gets a HC job and Chaney goes to Arkansas. Bobo slides in as OC and Friend stays.

Muschamp comes as DC adding Bo Davis at DL and Tosh at OLB.
My gut has told me this entire time, from talking to a few folks, that Chaney has more job stability here than Pruitt does, which seems odd at face value.

That doesn’t mean Chaney won’t leave, I guess, but I’d be very surprised if Pruitt is given the authority to fire him and start over with a new offensive scheme. Changes like that rarely work in a lame duck year. Look at Muschamp and Bobo.

I happen to believe Fulmer felt that Pruitt needed Chaney to help him along, which is why we went back to him with a crazy financial offer to get him on board after he said no the first time. What I don’t know if the Chaney hire was totally against Pruitt’s wishes, or that he was fine with it even though Chaney wasn’t his first choice.

Listen up. You are the one who is constantly griping and whining about our current coach, staff, program and AD. Over and over. I am not happy at all with how this season has gone.
I will never accept mediocrity in anything in life. So don't project your feelings to me. You don't know me, at all.
I am a long time donor, (although not in AVs league but know those who are, and beyond), vol fan of 50 years, UT grad, who understands the reality of our situation this year. You and your little band of keyboard warriors do not. You think that if you get one here and like places and continually say the same things over and over that someone will notice and do what you think ought to be done. As though you and yours actually know how to run a power 5 football program. You need to feel better about yourself Kport. Find something to do that actually is productive. You obviously have the time on your hands given how much time you spend here saying the same things over and over I choose to focus on the things in life that I actually have some control over and make sure they are anything but mediocre. Perhaps you should do the same and see how you feel about yourself.
I have seen the peaks and valleys of our beloved football program since Doug Dickey was our coach. We have been in the valley for way too long. But the hill to climb is shorter if this HC and his AD succeeds vs starting over again. So lets try to keep the recruits that want to be part of the revival of a great and storied program. There will be plenty of time to bellyache later.
I feel fine about myself and my life. I like Tennessee football. Put me on ignore. I don’t care. It doesn’t bother me. This is a forum for Tennessee fans. I can post “Hugh Freeze” as many times as I want.

In that scenario, I don’t think Pruitt will want to stay in this job. What’s the point?
This might be the sticking point. Fire Friend or lose your job.

It’s what the Titans did with Mularkey before they hired Vrable. Clean house on assistants or be fired....he chose to be fired.

Not true. They planned to sign more than 25 all along. And we are losing more and some will not be ones we want gone. You keep keep believing everything is ok but the truth is we are more of a joke now than when we had Butch. We are getting our doors blown off every week and you want to keep this staff. We have fired/lost numerous assistants every year under our head coach. Eventually it becomes a head coach problem and not an assistants problem. This class is going to get worse and we are going to get blown out again this week. But, by all means, let’s keep this coach and continue to be mediocre. We need to remember we are Tennessee and start acting like it. It’s not hard to win here. We have made terrible hires.

Now bring me Freeze, Chadwell, Napier, Healy, or Fleck. Any will win here.
Florida and Georgia aren't gonna take Bama down. It's up to Tennessee.

Reactions: JacketVol
I am a long time donor, (although not in AVs league but know those who are, and beyond), vol fan of 50 years, UT grad, who understands the reality of our situation this year. You and your little band of keyboard warriors do not. You think that if you get on here and like places and continually say the same things over and over that someone will notice and do what you think ought to be done. As though you and yours actually know how to run a power 5 football program. You need to feel better about yourself Kport. Find something to do that actually is productive. You obviously have the time on your hands given how much time you spend here saying the same things over and over I choose to focus on the things in life that I actually have some control over and make sure they are anything but mediocre. Perhaps you should do the same and see how you feel about yourself.
That’s nice and all but nothing in your post changes anything that’s happened this season or the fact that Pruitt has botched the QB situation and has shown that he doesn’t have what it takes to beat just the teams that we should beat. All the positivity in world won’t change that.

Hugh Freeze would coach circles around Pruitt with his eyes closed. Pruitt isn't likely to magically change between now and next season. If we lose out this year or limp to a win against Vanderbilt recruiting will suffer. If we have another bad year next year, recruiting will really suffer. Keeping Pruitt does nothing but extend our time being mediocre.

Georgia and Florida will both be better next year, and if this year is an example we’ll either at best be the same we are or possibly regress.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
That’s nice and all but nothing in your post changes anything that’s happened this season or the fact that Pruitt has botched the QB situation and has shown that he doesn’t have what it takes to beat just the teams that we should beat. All the positivity in world won’t change that.

Hugh Freeze would coach circles around Pruitt with his eyes closed. Pruitt isn't likely to magically change between now and next season. If we lose out this year or limp to a win against Vanderbilt recruiting will suffer. If we have another bad year next year, recruiting will really suffer. Keeping Pruitt does nothing but extend our time being mediocre.

Georgia and Florida will both be better next year, and if this year is an example we’ll either at best be the same we are or possibly regress.
We would lose to Liberty and Freeze right now. That should tell anyone who is the better coach.

Prayer warriors, please lift up my 6-year-old niece to the Lord for healing. She is at LeBonheur with MIS-C, a secondary condition to COVID. A transfusion was administered yesterday that yielded positive results and another round is being done now. She was asymptomatic when she was infected, and from what the doctors can tell from the results of the PcR test, they believe she contracted COVID in October or before. Thank you for your support and prayers. Go Vols!

-Girth

**UPDATE**

God answers prayer. All glory be to Him. This has proven to be a marathon, not a sprint. My niece is slowly improving each day, but continued fever spikes are coupled with intense pain responses to touch. The condition causes inflammation in all vital organs and arteries.

The doctors have given no definite timeline for discharge, but we are hoping she will be home by the end of the weekend. Please continue to pray for her healing, my brother and our family, and the attending physicians. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and continued prayers. God bless!

-Girth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back