Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attendance won’t be 100% regardless. I fully believe there will be some sort of COVID measures still in place next season.

With the COVID situation we've been through this season, I fully expect Neyland and every other venue to be at capacity (limited or otherwise), for the foreseeable future.

People may not be happy with the results, but they'll be there.

Attendance won’t be 100% regardless. I fully believe there will be some sort of COVID measures still in place next season.
Probably even if it were a normal year it wouldn’t be full. Fans know it’s the end. Just think we will go all next year and still not beat one of UGA Bama and FL. We are so far behind. Our only hope against Florida is that whoever follows trask is just awful. The other two have far more talented depth than us.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Correct, but COVID’s main effect on the university and the program is financial. And that was one of Ole Miss’s big problems with firing Matt Luke, like their insiders said, but it didn’t stop them from pulling the trigger.

FWIW I don’t think we’ll actually fire Pruitt before 2021 but I think Fulmer could possibly change his mind.
Losing out, or beating vandy (which proves absolutely nothing) is going to be a big problem rolling into next year. There will be no wind in the sails. I have full confidence in our admin to take this incompetence to the next level. I’m guessing we extend the entire staff, and maybe even give Pruitt a raise for handling covid so well...

trying to ski behind a pontoon is akin to trottingn JG out there. Skiing was meant to be dine behind an inboard motor.

Now, fly fishing off a Mastercraft. THAT is an artform.

Yamaha jet boat is great for skiing, no more wake than an inboard. Fill the ballast sacks and then wakeboard or Wakesurf.
Works as a fishing boat, but no live well...

Reactions: Vols4us
oh no not his baggage what if people say mean things about us

Yep. Maybe we ought to try redemption stories and second chances in life in the spirit of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Especially since Phil was big on that as a coach and has been big on that as an AD - JJ and Banks are just two examples. He sure wanted to be redeemed when he got fired.

UT cannot seem to stop themselves from stepping in a shiz pile every chance they get.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Yamaha jet boat is great for skiing, no more wake than an inboard. Fill the ballast sacks and then wakeboard or Wakesurf.
Works as a fishing boat, but no live well...
Very practical boat, for sure. Wouldnt think would be optimum for competition skiiing, which, wont due for my immediate family. Gotta have that 1 sec slingshot pull.

Never skiid behind a jet boat, but have tried behind Sea Doo, and 200 hp inboard/ob fiberglass pontoon, theres just no comparison. Havent skiid behind any of the newer larger, Malibu's, MC, or Nautiques. Seems evrrything is geared toward wakeboarding.

my fav all around is yamaha in/ob fiberglass pontoon.

Last edited:
I interpret AV posts as we’re going to need some Haslam money to get this done, but there seems to be a stipulation with that money.
I could see that.

I could also see Fulmer giving one last “push” to all the boosters and folks behind the scenes to get behind Pruitt in an effort to quell some of the speculation before early signing day.

My belief is they will all be out after this week.

Edit: By “they”, I mean the boosters will all be in unanimous decision to move on from Pruitt.

Last edited:
I could see that.

I could also see Fulmer giving one last “push” to all the boosters and folks behind the scenes to get behind Pruitt in an effort to quell some of the speculation before early signing day.

My belief is they will all be out after this week.
After FL? What makes you believe that?

So done with UT football and I suggest everyone do the same. There’s no excuse for them backing up and keeping Pruitt. So until UT cares about winning again, no one pay a dime to the football program. Simple. They want to screw us, then they don’t make money either.

Agree completely. We can all come here and make fun of them after each game. My wife and I do that all the time now during games. Our favorite expression is "there it is". It's the moments in each game when stupidity reigns supreme with plays on the field and the coaches that call them and select the players to do them. Rampant incompetence throughout. It's not the players' faults - it's on the UT admin and coaches. My kid would never be encouraged to go there to play football unless he had no other options.

Yet, they expect the faithful to fork over the dough and be stupid with them. People need to wise up. There will not be positive change until all they have is themselves to look at while it tanks around them.

I advise stores like Alumni Hall to get out while they can or at least diversify into other schools' programs. All of the businesses on the strip are going to be in trouble after COVID and the tanking of UT football long term.

I wont stop supporting the student athletes and University. That's a weak mentality iyam. Dont have to support Jermy, although im sure the guy is doing his best.

Beet to use Roadhouse philosophy....support Cornbread until its time to not support him. Man, what a frustrating year.
I’m tired of people using the “I’m not going to stop supporting the athletes” line.

I do not care. These kids aren’t 5 years old where they cry if one of their parents don’t show up to their game, they are 18-23 years old. If I was in their spot, I wouldn’t want fans to come. It’s embarrassing all around.

This is always said but unfortunately people still go and fill it up

It dropped to the 50-60 K range and tickets were going for $5 from scalpers in front of the stadium when the plug was pulled on Phil. Same with Dools. It was heading there with Botch. I could not give my season's tickets away for free at times, much less get anything for them and they were good seats in the lower level in the dry. It will get there again if the losing continues. It needs to be even worse for them to get the message - no more. That's when they will make changes that matter.

Like hiring Barnes. Then paying the man what he wanted (peer compensation) to keep him. Then giving him what he needed with coaches. Then getting out of his way. Hart/Fulmer did that right with Barnes. Fulmer either does it right again or should be canned with Jeremy.

To the fans that lived and breathed the glory days of UT football, how does it feel knowing your beloved university is being run by idiots that refuse to do anything about changing.

Tennessee football isn’t suppose to have a loser mentality but here we are...15 years later. It’s time that we fans make a change and we are heard.

I’m tired of people using the “I’m not going to stop supporting the athletes” line.

I do not care. These kids aren’t 5 years old where they cry if one of their parents don’t show up to their game, they are 18-23 years old. If I was in their spot, I wouldn’t want fans to come. It’s embarrassing all around.
you wouldnt want fans to support you after winter workouts, nutrition, classes, more workouts, classes, spring wirkouts summer workouts, etc? i doubt that. in fact i bet its the reverse for most kids.

you wouldnt want fans to support you after winter workouts, nutrition, classes, more workouts, classes, spring wirkouts summer workouts, etc? i doubt that. in fact i bet its the reverse for most kids.
You think as an athlete I gave two ***** who came? Lmao

Like you really think I’m thinking about fans coming to the game during all that? Lmao you got me ****ed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back